ronjie

FISHING CONTEST ?

130 posts in this topic

I hear you, and I agree with you, I hope he can capitalize on the rough R E MARKET, but if hes a builder I feel for you !!

Thank goodness not a builder. An investor and thankfully the rental market is coming back strong so he is able to rent all of his properties out (not much revenue however), but at least sorta breaking even.

It will come back , this Real Estate market and when it does we are moving to Hawaii. :dance:

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey all, there is a person on this site that communicates with my wife and has asked several times is your husband rich, how rich is your husband, I think your husband is rich, etc...well I am here to say. I am sure we married for love and not for money, to me it sounds like a fishing contest and who got the biggest fish !! now to be realistic I do know that Romance without Finance, makes No Sense. But if things were reversed. and it were the men who kept the subject of our wives money always in the conversation. what would that make us look like? our marriage is about Love, and I would like to keep it that way. your opinions welcome...

How does "Romance without finance" make no sense? Isn't it suppose to be about love? Not how much money your OH has. Your an American shes a filipina, of course shes gonna want to know how much money you have. Shes living in a third world country, she wants to make sure that you have money to give her a better life, thats the whole purpose of her coming to the land of opportunity, that = money!! I'm not surprised her "friend" or whoever she is, is asking about how much money you have. It IS all about winning the biggest prize when it comes to foreigners marrying us Americans. As much as we dont want to admit it, thats the way it is.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I am the husband and I'll answer that one.......

NOT RICH ENOUGH

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Timeline

hehehehe, I noted that when I posted it and quickly re-edited it to be 'no problems with it' hehehehe - and no, it isn't a freudian slip! Just thinking faster than I typed.

Same happens with me, i.e. just thinking faster than i typed. However, I cant help but notice that the only people who answered this post and openly admitted that they werent in this for the money were, canadians, british, etc. People who have been know to be capable of supporting themselves, (and dont live in a third world country) not one filipina owned up to this. Does that tell you something? Because it says a WHOLE lot to me.

its already been decided, when i get my fashion label set up, i'll earn lots of $$$$$ and keep him in as many fast cars he wants :whistle:

nah only joking. i can understand being concerned about being financially solvent ( i.e. can we live and put food on table when i'm outa work) when you move over there but that wouldn't stop me from marrying Vito, we are doing that for love. :luv::luv::luv:

Edited by Hannah+Vito

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey all, there is a person on this site that communicates with my wife and has asked several times is your husband rich, how rich is your husband, I think your husband is rich, etc...well I am here to say. I am sure we married for love and not for money, to me it sounds like a fishing contest and who got the biggest fish !! now to be realistic I do know that Romance without Finance, makes No Sense. But if things were reversed. and it were the men who kept the subject of our wives money always in the conversation. what would that make us look like? our marriage is about Love, and I would like to keep it that way. your opinions welcome...

How does "Romance without finance" make no sense? Isn't it suppose to be about love? Not how much money your OH has. Your an American shes a filipina, of course shes gonna want to know how much money you have. Shes living in a third world country, she wants to make sure that you have money to give her a better life, thats the whole purpose of her coming to the land of opportunity, that = money!! I'm not surprised her "friend" or whoever she is, is asking about how much money you have. It IS all about winning the biggest prize when it comes to foreigners marrying us Americans. As much as we dont want to admit it, thats the way it is.

try traveling or paying for a wedding without money, lets not forget, supporting a family in the usa today is not an easy task. Love and a doliar will get you a cup of coffee, So yea, you better have some money. and she never asked how much I have. Not once !!! and I don't care what country someone is from. its rude to keep asking about someone else's finance's. I know I was raised with better manner's than that.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Timeline

Well, baxxy<===========first, i want you to know that because where living in a third world country it doesn't mean where aftering for the finances of our husband or future husband....it's just happened to be that my husband is wealthy enough by the time that we got married and you know what...even he is the wealthiest man in the world i don't care....if i don't love him I WONT GET MARRIED TO HIM...as the saying goes... MONEY CAN'T BUY LOVE!!!

But I LOVE MY HUSBAND SO MUCH!!! NOT FOR WHAT HE HAS BUT FOR WHO HE IS!

Secondly, How dare you to say that I'm only a filipina and living in a third world country.....don't you see that your fiancee is ALSO a FILIPINA!!!!! shame on you....and how sure are you that the only purpose of my coming to america is only to have a good opportunity? You don't know ME!!! so don't you ever judge a person if you don't know the person well!!!

Well, America is Land of Opportunity...but I think Most of the people there are Opportunist....how do you feel that huh!!!!

Last but not the least baxxy, it shows that you don't respect your fiancee for saying that words....but don't mean also that my husband don't respect me as well....we have a lot of respect to one another because we do care of our family...as ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!! AND IT WILL STAY THAT TILL THE LAST BREATHE OF OUR LIVES!!!

ANYWAY, I WISH YOU HAPPINESS IN YOUR FUTURE LIFE WITH UR FILIPINA FIANCEE! AND GOOD LUCK TO HER! GOD BLESS HER!

NOTEEEEEEEEEEEEE: I'M THE WIFE

Timeline

Same happens with me, i.e. just thinking faster than i typed. However, I cant help but notice that the only people who answered this post and openly admitted that they werent in this for the money were, canadians, british, etc. People who have been know to be capable of supporting themselves, (and dont live in a third world country) not one filipina owned up to this. Does that tell you something? Because it says a WHOLE lot to me.

:rofl: LOL!!!....I am a filipina and I can say that I am capable of supporting myself if i want too....I can do whatever canadians, british...etc... can do....and I know that your fiancee are capable also of supporting herself...even before you came in into her life....poor fiancee of yours she don't know of her future husband attitude!!!

anyway...a lot of people around now are not happy and miserable with their life...so they want other to be miserable too... :rofl: LOL! so good luck to you baxxy!!!!! may you find peace within you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's your opinion and everyone of us entitled to that.Were you able to read my fiance's reply?Not because we didnt reply from your post doesnt mean that we filipinas are here to marry for money.

I will never get married for money nor my fiance! I highlighted that words in order for your judgemental mind not to skip it.We dont need to prove you anything nor explain something.

How would you feel if i'll tell you that I've much money than my fiance?Will it ease up your mind?I doubt it!Not because you're a US citizen doesnt mean you're already superior to any one of us nor to any 3rd world country.

We are also human being and we need to be respected too.if there are some filipinas that made you think that way dont generalize it.There are lots of filipinas who are nice and has a good heart same with people from your country and from other countries respectively.

You said you love your fiancee but have doubts on her,maybe you should doubt yourself too,ask yourself if you really love her or you love yourself and your money because it's all about money that you've been whining about.it's only you who could decide for yourself,not me,not all filipinas around here,not even the other vj members and certainly,not those words that you've just written and uttered against filipinas.

Edited by ManilaIdaho

[/quote

asawa ko isa sa mga shareholder sa kilalang hotel sa vegas pero ganoun pa man mahilig ako mamili sa garage sale,i dont care

We are just observing.. There were some who pretends to be newbie but to our surprise, eventually they knew lots of things about particular people in VJ..

One could browse this site and forums for years and not make an account. Then one day decide to create one and become a newbie but familiar with a lot of members.

What's your point? Why dont you just stop making assumptions and go straight down to the point?

My husband and I would sometimes joke about this... I would ask "Hon, why did you marry me?" He would say "Because I love you." And I would say "I'm disappointed, I thought you married me for my body and for sex!" And he would say "And that, too." And we will both laugh so hard. For real, we married each other because of unconditional love that we have for one another.

I am not married to a rich american guy but he's the most amazing, caring, sensitive and loving person that came my way so I grabbed him right away and didn't let the opportunity pass me by. I didn't know about all his finances until I started doing the paperwork and bookkeeping.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
asawa ko isa sa mga shareholder sa kilalang hotel sa vegas pero ganoun pa man mahilig ako mamili sa garage sale,i dont care

english only outside of the regional forums please.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Well, baxxy<===========first, i want you to know that because where living in a third world country it doesn't mean where aftering for the finances of our husband or future husband....it's just happened to be that my husband is wealthy enough by the time that we got married and you know what...even he is the wealthiest man in the world i don't care....if i don't love him I WONT GET MARRIED TO HIM...as the saying goes... MONEY CAN'T BUY LOVE!!!

But I LOVE MY HUSBAND SO MUCH!!! NOT FOR WHAT HE HAS BUT FOR WHO HE IS!

Secondly, How dare you to say that I'm only a filipina and living in a third world country.....don't you see that your fiancee is ALSO a FILIPINA!!!!! shame on you....and how sure are you that the only purpose of my coming to america is only to have a good opportunity? You don't know ME!!! so don't you ever judge a person if you don't know the person well!!!

Well, America is Land of Opportunity...but I think Most of the people there are Opportunist....how do you feel that huh!!!!

Last but not the least baxxy, it shows that you don't respect your fiancee for saying that words....but don't mean also that my husband don't respect me as well....we have a lot of respect to one another because we do care of our family...as ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!! AND IT WILL STAY THAT TILL THE LAST BREATHE OF OUR LIVES!!!

ANYWAY, I WISH YOU HAPPINESS IN YOUR FUTURE LIFE WITH UR FILIPINA FIANCEE! AND GOOD LUCK TO HER! GOD BLESS HER!

NOTEEEEEEEEEEEEE: I'M THE WIFE

WOWWW!!! Chill out. You're being very sensitive and sounding angry, why? Did i hit a nerve? I'm not here to upset anyone. I am WELL aware that my fiancee is filipina and i have great respect for her as a person and a woman. However I am free to voice my opinion and thats exactly what I did, doesn't mean everyone has to like it, but thats the way it is.

America - the Land of Opportunity -- yes I would say theres quite a lot of opportunists in this country, because thats what its all about here for many people, getting ahead and being the best they can be, ME included, I dont see anything at all wrong with that.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

english only outside of the regional forums please.

ahem, do i have to drag up all the posts where you are speaking German?? :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif