mrsartis

Our Wedsites! for Registry

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi mrsartis, I've already attended two weddings which indicated they prefer cash in the invites, which I found convenient on my part and practical for the newlyweds. But in my own wedding I would be very very shy to indicate that on the invites coz we'll just have a very small wedding with my fiance`s immediate family only.

Best wishes on your September wedding!

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

The websites are absolutely fine, don't worry on that account! Having to click on a link is not the same as stating your preferences directly on the invitation.

And I'm battling my own far worse etiquette-related problems, family members can be so hard to convince. ;)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Don't u love it??? I probably looked through half of those gowns :) I'm also using it to get ideas for our civil ceremony on the beach. And will def. use it when planning our big wedding next year :). My friend in Ukraine just arranged a wedding in uder a month time... I was like, that will never happen in America... Couples plan for years, lol.

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We registered at Crate & Barrel for kitchen items mostly. When we moved back here, we pretty much had nothing in terms of flatware and dishes and pots and pans and all that good stuff. No mention of the registry on the invites though - most people either gave cash (upwards of 80% of the attendees) or contacted my mother to find out where we were registered.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The websites are absolutely fine, don't worry on that account! Having to click on a link is not the same as stating your preferences directly on the invitation.

And I'm battling my own far worse etiquette-related problems, family members can be so hard to convince. ;)

oh hell yeah! :dance: especially mother in laws? does it ring a bell to anyone? dont get me wroing, i love mamita.. and she loves me.. but this wedding stuff.. ugh, i think she thinks its her weddeing day.. :bonk:

😁

Timeline
Don't u love it??? I probably looked through half of those gowns :) I'm also using it to get ideas for our civil ceremony on the beach. And will def. use it when planning our big wedding next year :). My friend in Ukraine just arranged a wedding in uder a month time... I was like, that will never happen in America... Couples plan for years, lol.

LOve, love it! we are having th ewdding on one place (eg, ceremony and reception) small guests list but its burning my BFs wallet already.. we already have some suppliers who we have an appointment next month.. hope we can get through this.. ugh, its going to be a busy busy month of august..

😁

Timeline
hi mrsartis, I've already attended two weddings which indicated they prefer cash in the invites, which I found convenient on my part and practical for the newlyweds. But in my own wedding I would be very very shy to indicate that on the invites coz we'll just have a very small wedding with my fiance`s immediate family only.

Best wishes on your September wedding!

Hmm, there are a few invitations from my friends' weddings as well that goes something like "In lieu of traditional gifts, we appreciate monetary gift" (especially couple who got married and they have to live abroad...

Thanks though Jeff.. :D

😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hmm, there are a few invitations from my friends' weddings as well that goes something like "In lieu of traditional gifts, we appreciate monetary gift" (especially couple who got married and they have to live abroad...

Wow! That's pretty bold IMO. I don't think that would be well-received by many people.

ETA: The people who "get it" (ie. understand the place where the couple is in their life and what they really need most) are gonna give you money anyway. The people who don't get it are going to be offended by that on an invitation. That's what I think anyway.

Edited by Jenn!

oh hell yeah! :dance: especially mother in laws? does it ring a bell to anyone? dont get me wroing, i love mamita.. and she loves me.. but this wedding stuff.. ugh, i think she thinks its her weddeing day.. :bonk:

Oh yes! I love both my mother and my future mother-in-law dearly, but between them things have escalated from bad to worse! Of course, they keep telling me how much they want to accommodate my wishes - but then reel off a list of things they feel are very important and are must-haves! ;) Good luck to you!

EDIT: I completely agree with you, Jenn.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!