Scott & Lai

My personal economy has tanked....

75 posts in this topic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out that Janie, the V.P. at my old company who helped me get my current job, was layed off about a month ago. Don't know yet if she found another job; she's currently taking site-seeing trips.

Sounds like she has a good attitude. Good luck to her.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Argh! sorry to hear about your job loss. Maybe here is a thought.....................my company fired over 60 people, it seems they did it the same way ur company did....however within a few days some folks that got laid off negotiated a pay cut //or work in a different department and they kept their jobs. Are u able to try that ..........then while you are working you can look for a better job and get out of there! Good luck always!

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Argh! sorry to hear about your job loss.

Ditto. Sorry to hear it, Scott! Hope you find a job at a law firm soon!

:lol:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this is a blast from the past, eh?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Not exactly, it's an update on things mentioned in my original posts, so I figured this would be a good place for it. I also figured people would read a few earlier posts if they weren't already up to speed :blush:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not exactly, it's an update on things mentioned in my original posts, so I figured this would be a good place for it. I also figured people would read a few earlier posts if they weren't already up to speed :blush:

good idea, but some failed on that last part :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I lost my job early last month :( I went in to work on the 9th (Monday) fully expecting to have a review for a raise. The meeting started after I came back from lunch, with one too many people in the room: the HR director. The senior vice president, who headed my department, started talking about the economy; I thought, "This isn't how you start a review..." He emphasized that it had nothing to do with my performance, but that my position was being eliminated due to economic troubles the company was having this year. I wasn't the only one let go that day, and I am told more lay-offs would follow. The senior VP had fully intended for me to be there for a long time, but the company president told him the previous Friday after hours that people would have to be let go, and that included my position. On the way out, I talked with another VP who I worked with in my department. She found out what happened just a few hours before I did, and was completely shocked. She asked the senior VP, "Why does it have to be him??" She told me I was like her left hand, and also said that if I was being let go, then she should probably update here resume as well, figuring that she might not be around in a few weeks herself.

I've sent out a bunch of resumes, but haven't had much luck so far. I did have an interview last week for a position similar to what I had, but they haven't decided yet; they have a lot of people to go through.

With what some of these CEO's think they are worth, a thousand jobs could be saved if they would even take a cut in pay. Typical is the first one to go is the mail clerk assistant. Not sure who is better off, him/her or the head of that department, the ones that stay behind have to work 2 to 3 times as hard to keep things moving putting in 18 hour days with the same paycheck. Those that are left behind can kick the bucket with health related stress issues, like a stroke or heart attack or simply fall asleep while driving hole running into a tree, but these are never considered.

Too many people live from paycheck to paycheck meeting financial disaster when that paycheck doesn't come in, either lose everything, or certainly ends up in divorce, got kids, they go wild with more problems.

When choosing a professional, one must realize how dependent one is with that profession with the pure basic needs of survival, can't believe how artificial many lives have become.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry to hear you lost your job, I'm sure there are many out there now that are nervous. Very glad to hear you got another one so soon.

Good luck with it! :yes:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16