lovelylady

Removal of Conditions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good Day Everyone! I had a friend who come to the USA as a tourist. She married here and applied for AOS. It was granted and now she filed again for Removal of Conditions and just have her biometrics last month. With her entire stay with her husband they always quarrel and it ended with the husband hitting his wife. The wife at first did not seek police help even if she is battered because she is afraid it might affect her paper before being on AOS. It happen again when she got her greencard and this time she called the police telling them that her husband beats her whenever they had argument. It was in there that she learned that he has a case before that is CRUEL and INHUMANE resulting his first wife to divorce him(he beats his children and hits the first wife). These few days after her biometrics they had a heated argument over money that he again hit her. This time she called the police and they put her husband in jail resulting her to go to court and ask for protection. The court granted it. They were no longer live in one roof as it is in court's order that the man gets his things and leave his wife in his apartment. The problem of my friend is will it affect her pending Removal of Conditions? What will she do 'coz until now she is still waiting for her greencard. Can she proceed to apply to for US Citizenship in the future?

USA LYF

3-07-08 ** Leave the Philippines (Phil. time)

3-07-08 ** Arrived JFK airport (POE)

4-09-08 **Apply Marriage licence

4-11-08 **Apply SSN in maiden name

4-17-08 **Meet with priest (set pre-canon seminar for catholic marriages)

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

5-15-08 **Return to SS and submit marriage license

5-16-08 **Received marriage cert. on mail

5-21-08 **Received SSN card on mail

6-08-08 **Go for medical (HIV blood test, TD Shot & TB skin test)

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-14-08 **Get sealed medical results

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

6-17-08 **** Sent AOS, EAD, AP application to USCIS

6-24-08 **** USCIS received AOS, EAD, AP package

6-27-08 **** NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP[/color]

7-05-08 **** Biometrics appointment letter received for AOS & EAD

7-19-08 **** Biometrics done

9-03-08 **** Received my EAD on mail

9-06-08 **** Received my AP on mail

9-22-08 **** Received AOS appointment interview in the mail

11-05-08 *** INTERVIEW DAY (thank God i pass passport was stamp I-551

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

She will be fine as long as she can prove that she entered the marriage in good faith and that she's now separated from her husband due to the abuse she had to endure. Based on what you said it looks like she has a very solid case if she shows the restraining and court orders. She will also be able to file for US citizenship without her husband.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Gemmie! Can you please tell me what are the options?

Edited by aynaku05

USA LYF

3-07-08 ** Leave the Philippines (Phil. time)

3-07-08 ** Arrived JFK airport (POE)

4-09-08 **Apply Marriage licence

4-11-08 **Apply SSN in maiden name

4-17-08 **Meet with priest (set pre-canon seminar for catholic marriages)

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

5-15-08 **Return to SS and submit marriage license

5-16-08 **Received marriage cert. on mail

5-21-08 **Received SSN card on mail

6-08-08 **Go for medical (HIV blood test, TD Shot & TB skin test)

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-14-08 **Get sealed medical results

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

6-17-08 **** Sent AOS, EAD, AP application to USCIS

6-24-08 **** USCIS received AOS, EAD, AP package

6-27-08 **** NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP[/color]

7-05-08 **** Biometrics appointment letter received for AOS & EAD

7-19-08 **** Biometrics done

9-03-08 **** Received my EAD on mail

9-06-08 **** Received my AP on mail

9-22-08 **** Received AOS appointment interview in the mail

11-05-08 *** INTERVIEW DAY (thank God i pass passport was stamp I-551

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Filed: Timeline
Good Day Everyone! I had a friend who come to the USA as a tourist. She married here and applied for AOS. It was granted and now she filed again for Removal of Conditions and just have her biometrics last month. With her entire stay with her husband they always quarrel and it ended with the husband hitting his wife. The wife at first did not seek police help even if she is battered because she is afraid it might affect her paper before being on AOS. It happen again when she got her greencard and this time she called the police telling them that her husband beats her whenever they had argument. It was in there that she learned that he has a case before that is CRUEL and INHUMANE resulting his first wife to divorce him(he beats his children and hits the first wife). These few days after her biometrics they had a heated argument over money that he again hit her. This time she called the police and they put her husband in jail resulting her to go to court and ask for protection. The court granted it. They were no longer live in one roof as it is in court's order that the man gets his things and leave his wife in his apartment. The problem of my friend is will it affect her pending Removal of Conditions? What will she do 'coz until now she is still waiting for her greencard. Can she proceed to apply to for US Citizenship in the future?

It shouldn't affect her pending petition at all. Furthermore, if she ends up divorcing, it will push her date of eligibility back for Naturalisation by 2 years, but shouldn't do much more than that.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.