w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Novak cited after hit and run

28 posts in this topic

The other option is to run 'em over, but as a compassionate conservative, I would never do that." "

yeah, you would

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

He "feels terrible". Compassion, see?

'Course, he could be talking about the dent in his front bumper.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

lol..that is true

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
He "feels terrible". Compassion, see?

'Course, he could be talking about the dent in his front bumper.

vettes don't have a front bumper

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's a doctor in LA who may be charged for what appears to have been road rage against some bicyclists. He yelled at two bicyclists, "Single file!" as he drove past them. One of them yelled an explicative at him and the doctor then drove his Mercedes in front of the two bicyclists then slammed on his breaks, causing one of the men to fly face first into the back windshield, nearly severing his nose. The bicyclists mentioned the incident on a blog site and another bicyclist had a similar experience...they later found out it was the same driver. His lawyer says it was nothing but a an unfortunate accident.

There's a doctor in LA who may be charged for what appears to have been road rage against some bicyclists. He yelled at two bicyclists, "Single file!" as he drove past them. One of them yelled an explicative at him and the doctor then drove his Mercedes in front of the two bicyclists then slammed on his breaks, causing one of the men to fly face first into the back windshield, nearly severing his nose. The bicyclists mentioned the incident on a blog site and another bicyclist had a similar experience...they later found out it was the same driver. His lawyer says it was nothing but a an unfortunate accident.

I'm glad he's being charged. But bicyclists should ride single file.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I depends on the road and terrain, but in general, I agree.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Novak is a chopf#ck.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Novak is a chopf#ck.

But a patriotic one. Outing CIA spies whose job was to prevent proliferation of nuclear weapons is very patriotic. The Right should be proud of him.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I depends on the road and terrain, but in general, I agree.

I have to ask the question: If you assume that this happened on pavement, what possible advantage could be had by riding side-by-side rather than single file? How could it depend on the road and terrain? The chopf#ck in the mercedes though should be hung just for being a chopf#ck.

A bit of California law regarding the issue:

Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:

(1) When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

(2) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

(3) When reasonably necessary to avoid conditions (including, but not limited to, fixed or moving objects, vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or substandard width lanes) that make it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge, subject to the provisions of Section 21656.[42] For purposes of this section, a “substandard width lane†is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and a vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.[43]

There does not seem to be any law that allows the bikes to ride side-by-side but there are clearly laws that make it illegal to pull in front of someone and slam on your brakes. Hope Dr. Roadrage can afford a good attorney.

As for Novak, sucks that the primary witness is a partner in a law firm. He's going to make a fantastic witness.

David A. Bono

Partner

Washington Office

David Bono represents business clients in complex and appellate litigation, and he advises them with respect to their federal regulatory obligations. In his trial-level work, for example, Mr. Bono successfully argued on behalf of a coalition of the nation’s thirty-six largest railroads for a nationwide injunction against a possible labor strike. His representation before the United States Supreme Court has included a case affirming the federal courts' inherent power to impose sanctions for bad-faith conduct, and the Court appointed Mr. Bono in another case to brief the constitutional rights of property owners. His regulatory advice has included environmental and securities matters.

Mr. Bono is a former trial attorney with the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., where he represented the interests of federal agencies, Cabinet officers and other Executive Branch officials with respect to federal regulations, statutes and policies. For example, he was lead trial counsel for the Secretary of Transportation, the Attorney General, and the U.S. Departments of Transportation and Justice in the federal lawsuit that prevented the Exxon Valdez from returning to Prince William Sound, Alaska. He also represented the Secretary of Energy in litigation seeking $120 million for his alleged wrongful termination of a contract to purchase electricity.

Mr. Bono graduated magna cum laude from Duke University in 1982, with double majors in Public Policy Studies and Economics. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1986, where he was an Editor of the Harvard Law Review and placed second in the Williston Negotiation Competition. He served as a law clerk to The Honorable Edward R. Becker, Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He is a member of the District of Columbia Bar and the Bars of the United States Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.

Just my opinion...

Edited by NavarreMan

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
:rofl::rofl::rofl::crying::rofl::rofl:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Timeline

More detail. Victim is a 66 year old homeless guy:

Syndicated political columnist and television pundit Robert D. Novak was issued a $50 traffic citation yesterday after he struck and slightly injured a pedestrian while driving his sports car in downtown Washington, police said.

Witnesses said the accident occurred in slow-moving traffic about 10 a.m. as Novak, 77, was northbound on 18th Street NW near K Street in his black convertible 2004 Chevrolet Corvette. D.C. fire department spokesman Alan Etter said the victim was taken to George Washington University Medical Center with "very minor injuries." A police official identified him as Don Lilkinquist, 66, who has no fixed address.

"He's complaining about some pain in his arm, but there are no visible injuries," Etter said.

Asked whether he believed Novak's account of not seeing the pedestrian, bicyclist David A. Bono said, "No, I would not believe that."

Bono, 47, a partner at Harkins Cunningham law firm, said: "I can tell you what I saw. I was on K Street on my bicycle, and what I saw was a guy get hit by a black Corvette convertible. I see the guy go up on the hood, up on the windshield." As the Corvette turned right from 18th Street onto the service road beside K, Bono said, "the guy rolled off the hood and landed on the street."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8072302188.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.