Irish Lass

Photos, how should I present them?

22 posts in this topic

See, I didn't know that you could or even should send photos printed on regular paper. That will be so much easier. I can print them and a description right off my computer.

I just went and got photograph copies of our photos, but don't mind having extras of those here anyway.

Great tips everyone, thank you so very much :)

I created a Word document and inserted the pics in it with descriptions just underneath. I fit 2 pics per page. I printed them in regular black and white. I also made a title page for it saying:

Pictures of the xxxxxxxxx Family

Images resized for copies provided in this petition to decrease number of pages in submitted packet. Full size originals available upon request.

All total, the pics section of the petition was 19 pages. I have printed out actual photos and placed them in a small album just in case they want to see originals, it will be ready to send.

Edited by keltic

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
See, I didn't know that you could or even should send photos printed on regular paper. That will be so much easier. I can print them and a description right off my computer.

I just went and got photograph copies of our photos, but don't mind having extras of those here anyway.

Great tips everyone, thank you so very much :)

I created a Word document and inserted the pics in it with descriptions just underneath. I fit 2 pics per page. I printed them in regular black and white. I also made a title page for it saying:

Pictures of the xxxxxxxxx Family

Images resized for copies provided in this petition to decrease number of pages in submitted packet. Full size originals available upon request.

All total, the pics section of the petition was 19 pages. I have printed out actual photos and placed them in a small album just in case they want to see originals, it will be ready to send.

All the pics we sent were printed on regular paper with date, and an explanation. Half were black and white since my color cartridge was running low and actually, the B&W images look sharper. We also sent a CD of short video clips of us renewing our wedding vowels recently in Brasil.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

:blink: I am in the final stages of putting together a RFE and am not sure how I should attach photos. Do I place them in an envelope or attach/stick them to pages with a description of each one?

Any and all advice would be very welcome :thumbs:

I sent original 4x6 prints, attached 2-3 pcs on sheets of paper, then attached labels describing briefly the events on the pictures. It made my package realy bulky and I had to use a separate fastener for the pictures (I went crazy and sent a ton of pictures :P ). Only reason I did it was because I found a good deal online for volume print orders and I needed to order a bunch of prints from recent vacations and holidays anyways. Spur of the moment - wouldn't have done it if I stopped to think. My advice is to send photocopies or print them on regular paper.

BTW, do you mind sharing what exactly the RFE letter says? Some letters are very specific, some are somewhat vague.

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

I would say that copies of pictures with short description on regular size paper is way better than clipping real fotos. (I have been working with files all my life; anything smaller than regular size just get lost).

You should not overdo it-I think couple of pictures from each -wedding, travel, at home, with his family, with her family, with friends- and over the time span from wedding till now should be good enough.

Pictures should show comingled social life. So, 100 pictures from a trip to Paris, in my opinion, would not do as good as 10 but from variuos events/situations.

:blink: I am in the final stages of putting together a RFE and am not sure how I should attach photos. Do I place them in an envelope or attach/stick them to pages with a description of each one?

Karina and Tomy

I sent original 4x6 prints, attached 2-3 pcs on sheets of paper, then attached labels describing briefly the events on the pictures. It made my package realy bulky and I had to use a separate fastener for the pictures (I went crazy and sent a ton of pictures :P ). Only reason I did it was because I found a good deal online for volume print orders and I needed to order a bunch of prints from recent vacations and holidays anyways. Spur of the moment - wouldn't have done it if I stopped to think. My advice is to send photocopies or print them on regular paper.

BTW, do you mind sharing what exactly the RFE letter says? Some letters are very specific, some are somewhat vague.

:)

This is the exact text that was in the RFE letter:

IDENTITY DOCUMENT: Please submit a photocopy of the Department of Motor Vehicle issued driver's license and/or identity card for each party to the qualifying marriage.

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE: In order to assist in establishing your eligibity for removal of your conditional status, it is requested that you submit additional documentation. Please submit any or all of the following documents. This list is not all inclusive of the type of evidence that may be submitted for consideration.

* FINANCIAL RECORDS: In order to assist in establishing your eligibility for removal of conditiona; status, you may submit evidence of joint ownership of assests and joint responsibility for liabilities for the past two years. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

*Copies of your State and Federal tax returns for 2006 and 2007. Include also, all required schedules, statments and any attachments such as W-2 records for conditional resident and petioning spouse.

* Copies of morgage aggrements or deeds showing joint ownership of assests or property or joint tenancy of a common residence.

* Documentation showing commingling of fiancial resources such as complete copies of bank statments showing joint savings accounts and/or checking accounts.

* Copies of loan documents such as car loans, home improvment loans, business loans etc.

* Any other documentaion which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade the Immigration Laws of the United States.

* RESIDENCE: In order to establish eligibility for removal of your conditional status, you must submit evidence of your communal residence for the past two years. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

* Complete copies of rental lease(s) or rental aggreement(s) showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by you, your spouse and the owner(s) of the property (or the property manager).

* Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable etc. or other statments issued in both your names indicating your residential address.

* Any other documentaion which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade the Immigration Laws of the United States.

*STATMENT: Submit a statment in your own words describing how, when and where you met your spouse. In this statment, include significant details of your courtship, the events of your wedding including names of the guests and names of the witnesses. Your statment should include detailed information regarding memorable moments of your marriage. Please list the places where you resided together. In your statment please indicate the nature of your employment as well as the nature of your spouse's employment.

Edited by Irish Lass

My Timeline:

O1 Visa ~

Jan 2000 - Job offer in US

Jan 2000 -O1 Visa application started

March 2000 - Entered US on tourist visa to check out new job

July 2000 - Return to Ireland to have Passport updated

July 2000 - Return to US with O1 visa valid for 2 years

Dec 2001 - Visa extended to Dec 2004

Nov 2002 - Met future Husband

April 2003 - Started Dating future husband

April 2004 - Married :)

AOS ~

Nov 2004 - I-485 received

Nov 2004 - I-130 received

Nov 2004 - I-765 received

Aug 2005 - Biometrics

Jan 2006 - Initial Interview

Jan 2006- I-765 received

March 2006 - Biometrics

April 2006 - Green Card issued for 2 years (Total 1.5 years)

Removal of Conditions ~

March 2008 - I-751 received

March 2008 - 1 year extension

April 2008 - Biometrics

July 5th, 2008 - Request for Evidence

Aug 4th, 2008 - Mailed RFE

Aug 11th, 2008 - :) Card production ordered

Aug 18th, 2008 - 10 year Card Received :)(Total 5 months)

Other stuff ~

Sep 26, 2008 - Form I-90 mailed for name change from maiden on GC

Sep 30, 2008 - Check cashed for $370

Oct 3, 2008 - NOA received

Oct 20, 2008 - Biometrics

USflag.gifIreflag.gif

JP................................ Lorna

That RFE is sort of scary.

I just sent my I-751 off today and I didn't include a "statement of our courtship," though we did have plenty of financial records (deed, bank statements, mortgage statement).

Good luck, Irish Lass!

DCF (Germany)

April 7, 2006 - Married

April 15, 2006 - I-130 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

April 22, 2006 - I-130 returned to us (personal checks not acceptable)

April 24, 2006 - I-130 resubmitted with Credit Card Payment Form

June 14, 2006 - I-130 Approved

June 15, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

June 16, 2006 - OF-169 & Passport (Biographical Page Only) faxed to the Consulate

June 17, 2006 - DS 230 Part 1 & OF-169 mailed to the Consulate

June 26, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

June 27, 2006 - Medical Examination in Berlin

July 21, 2006 - Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

July 21, 2006 - Visa Approved!

August 22, 2006 - America!

July 26, 2008 - I-751 sent to VSC

August 1, 2008 - Check cashed

August 1, 2008 - NOA-1 received

September 9, 2008 - Biometics Appointment

March 12, 2009 - Transfer from VSC to CSC?

March 16, 2009 - Approved (10-year green card should be mailed within 60 days)

That RFE is sort of scary.

I just sent my I-751 off today and I didn't include a "statement of our courtship," though we did have plenty of financial records (deed, bank statements, mortgage statement).

Good luck, Irish Lass!

Thanks!!

Good luck to you too :) Sounds like you have submitted lots of substantial evidence.

The written statement is the hardest part for me, trying to remember all the dates and such. If only I had kept a diary all these years lol.

I'm in the final stages of getting it all together. Doing lots of sorting paperwork out today and binding. I'll be so relieved once I send it off.

Edited by Irish Lass

My Timeline:

O1 Visa ~

Jan 2000 - Job offer in US

Jan 2000 -O1 Visa application started

March 2000 - Entered US on tourist visa to check out new job

July 2000 - Return to Ireland to have Passport updated

July 2000 - Return to US with O1 visa valid for 2 years

Dec 2001 - Visa extended to Dec 2004

Nov 2002 - Met future Husband

April 2003 - Started Dating future husband

April 2004 - Married :)

AOS ~

Nov 2004 - I-485 received

Nov 2004 - I-130 received

Nov 2004 - I-765 received

Aug 2005 - Biometrics

Jan 2006 - Initial Interview

Jan 2006- I-765 received

March 2006 - Biometrics

April 2006 - Green Card issued for 2 years (Total 1.5 years)

Removal of Conditions ~

March 2008 - I-751 received

March 2008 - 1 year extension

April 2008 - Biometrics

July 5th, 2008 - Request for Evidence

Aug 4th, 2008 - Mailed RFE

Aug 11th, 2008 - :) Card production ordered

Aug 18th, 2008 - 10 year Card Received :)(Total 5 months)

Other stuff ~

Sep 26, 2008 - Form I-90 mailed for name change from maiden on GC

Sep 30, 2008 - Check cashed for $370

Oct 3, 2008 - NOA received

Oct 20, 2008 - Biometrics

USflag.gifIreflag.gif

JP................................ Lorna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.