pattilou47

PLEASE HELLLLLLLLP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance's interview is tomorrow, and now he says he needs the I-864 filled out

IS THIS TRUE ??? Because we dont have it !!!!!

OMG what the heck do we do, this is Shattering my Nerves

Do we HAVE to have it ?????

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

What does it say on your fiance's packet 3? For K visas it is generally the I-134 that is used, I-864 is for AOS after entry in the US.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What does it say on your fiance's packet 3? For K visas it is generally the I-134 that is used, I-864 is for AOS after entry in the US.

On packet 3 it says the i-134 but we just noticed that on packet 4 it says 1-864

Is he gonna be denied because of this ?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

On packet 3 it says the i-134 but we just noticed that on packet 4 it says 1-864

Is he gonna be denied because of this ?

K visas use the I-134. I think if you check the full context of any mention of the I-864, you'll find it doesn't apply to you. If you have the I-134, just relax.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As long as he has a notarized I-134, he'll be fine since that's all he needs. The I-864 is needed for CR1/IR1 visas and for the AOS process once he gets here. It could be that the letter he received in packet 4 is a standard letter they send to all visa petitioners, so that's why they mentioned the I-864.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Wish I had seen this earlier. I am looking at London Packet 4 sent out in June 2008. There is a list of documents required for the interview. In the list it says:

• Evidence of support, eg form I-134
Packet 3 actually has a whole page on evidence of support and suggest you use I-134 or that you that you can make up your own affidavit. But when you read everything they want in the affidavit, proof of citizenship, statement of understanding your obigation by supporting, etc, etc, you come to realize that it's all nicely put in the I-134 so why try to create your own. I don't know where the fiance got the I-864 info, but maybe somebody sent him the papers for the CR1/IR1 by mistake. Bottom line: London accepts I-134 for the K1 visa. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.