galaxy_2008

ALL NIGERIANS IN VISA JOURNEY .

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello vj's

This is to inform all Nigerians in visa journey that i want us to create our forum and to share our experiences with each other and to enlighten our colleagues that we left at home, i will be happy if we can start from here so that we can play a vital role in educating and enlighten our people back home about the situation in American and how they can solved there immigration problems. it is very sad that our people back home are losing a lot of money to the immigration process some even spent a million naira for the process of coming to America yet they were not given visa,some applied for the student visa and pay to the school yet they were denied of the visa, some are even sleeping in American embassy in Lagos some have even zero there future ambition. so it is an high time that we stand a unity to help our people back home about the immigration process of America in this century. so if you are interested in joining this campaigning kindly indicate your intention and post your email address so that we can stay in touch with each other and create our forum in this site.Be informed our country is our home.

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
hello vj's

This is to inform all Nigerians in visa journey that i want us to create our forum and to share our experiences with each other and to enlighten our colleagues that we left at home, i will be happy if we can start from here so that we can play a vital role in educating and enlighten our people back home about the situation in American and how they can solved there immigration problems. it is very sad that our people back home are losing a lot of money to the immigration process some even spent a million naira for the process of coming to America yet they were not given visa,some applied for the student visa and pay to the school yet they were denied of the visa, some are even sleeping in American embassy in Lagos some have even zero there future ambition. so it is an high time that we stand a unity to help our people back home about the immigration process of America in this century. so if you are interested in joining this campaigning kindly indicate your intention and post your email address so that we can stay in touch with each other and create our forum in this site.Be informed our country is our home.

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Please update your timeline.

Thanks

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello James Adejumo.... I just read your posting and it rubbed me the wrong way. First, your idea is a great idea but that is what the AFRICAN SUB-SAHARAN SECTION is all about. ENLIGHTENING AND EDUCATING OUR AFRICAN COLLEAGUES BACK HOME ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS AND HOW OUR EXPERIENCES CAN HELP THEM.

You want to create a NIGERIAN FORUM is the part that puzzles me. You see why we as Africans can never be united. The beautiful chart that ZeeNusah create which shows everybody's stage in the whole VJ journey HAS ALL THE AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN THE CHART. It doesn't SEGREGATE AND MADE JUST FOR GHANIANS, LIBERIANS, NIGERIAN, EYGPHT ETC. BASICALLY ALL AFRICANS UNITED SHARING OUR EXPERIENCES.

The situation that you expressed that is going on in Nigeria is a common one that is going on in all countries. I know for sure it goes on in Ghana as well. Nigeria is not the only place that the immigration process is stressful. So, why create just a forum for Nigeria.

Anybody in Nigeria going through the IMMIGRATION PROCESS...can sign up and join VJ and SURF THE AFRICAN SUB-SAHARAN FORUM AND GATHER THE SAME INFORMATION. THERE ARE NIGERIANS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM. All members on this VJ site have emails which if you want to direct your personal question to any individual you can PM them.

AFRICA IS NOT UNITED as it is. We don't have the same money, we speak many different languages etc.

GHANA and NIGERIA is practically neighbors, I have alot of Nigerian friends, Togo and other African friends.

THIS SEGREGATION IS RUBBING ME IN A FUNNY WAY. Why must you seperate and make just a Nigerian forum????...So then there will be just a Ghaninan forum, Nigerian forum, Liberian forum, Togo forum, Egypt forum, then someone will come with a WEST COAST FORUM AND THEN A EAST COAST FORUM A DOWN SOUTH FORUM.... and so forth and then there goes our unity...why???

I believe when YOU came to African Sub-Saharan you are able to gather information to help you in the immigration process. So can your colleagues back home in Nigeria. If they want personal attention they can always PM members of the forum who are Nigerian.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT, BUT US AS BLACKS HAS COME ALONG WAY. BARACK OMBAMA HAS BROKEN A PATTERN, HILARY CLINTON HAS BROKEN A PATTERN...THIS CENTURY IS TIME FOR UNITY AND NEW THINGS... "AFRICA AS A UNITED NATION" to start will be great.

hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Edited by K&A

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Timeline
Hello James Adejumo.... I just read your posting and it rubbed me the wrong way. First, your idea is a great idea but that is what the AFRICAN SUB-SAHARAN SECTION is all about. ENLIGHTENING AND EDUCATING OUR AFRICAN COLLEAGUES BACK HOME ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS AND HOW OUR EXPERIENCES CAN HELP THEM.

You want to create a NIGERIAN FORUM is the part that puzzles me. You see why we as Africans can never be united. The beautiful chart that ZeeNusah create which shows everybody's stage in the whole VJ journey HAS ALL THE AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN THE CHART. It doesn't SEGREGATE AND MADE JUST FOR GHANIANS, LIBERIANS, NIGERIAN, EYGPHT ETC. BASICALLY ALL AFRICANS UNITED SHARING OUR EXPERIENCES.

The situation that you expressed that is going on in Nigeria is a common one that is going on in all countries. I know for sure it goes on in Ghana as well. Nigeria is not the only place that the immigration process is stressful. So, why create just a forum for Nigeria.

Anybody in Nigeria going through the IMMIGRATION PROCESS...can sign up and join VJ and SURF THE AFRICAN SUB-SAHARAN FORUM AND GATHER THE SAME INFORMATION. THERE ARE NIGERIANS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM. All members on this VJ site have emails which if you want to direct your personal question to any individual you can PM them.

AFRICA IS NOT UNITED as it is. We don't have the same money, we speak many different languages etc.

GHANA and NIGERIA is practically neighbors, I have alot of Nigerian friends, Togo and other African friends.

THIS SEGREGATION IS RUBBING ME IN A FUNNY WAY. Why must you seperate and make just a Nigerian forum????...So then there will be just a Ghaninan forum, Nigerian forum, Liberian forum, Togo forum, Egypt forum, then someone will come with a WEST COAST FORUM AND THEN A EAST COAST FORUM A DOWN SOUTH FORUM.... and so forth and then there goes our unity...why???

I believe when YOU came to African Sub-Saharan you are able to gather information to help you in the immigration process. So can your colleagues back home in Nigeria. If they want personal attention they can always PM members of the forum who are Nigerian.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT, BUT US AS BLACKS HAS COME ALONG WAY. BARACK OMBAMA HAS BROKEN A PATTERN, HILARY CLINTON HAS BROKEN A PATTERN...THIS CENTURY IS TIME FOR UNITY AND NEW THINGS... "AFRICA AS A UNITED NATION" to start will be great.

hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

ok,

thank for your good observation i have make this suggestion for african in general not just Nigeria alone we are african and black in disapora. i dont mean the way you handle it all african will be wellcome into that forum,. thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Mr. Adejumo,

When you first sent me a PM about this type of forum, I just ignored it and didn't reply to you. But now that you've posted this in a public forum, I guess I will add my opinion. I have many friends back in Boston (where I'm originally from) who are Nigerian. I'm going to put this as bluntly as I can. They were all given Visa's for different reasons. One came here because his father was already here, but because of his age (he is over 25) they had to lie and doctor up phony papers for his age to look younger so that his father could petition for him to come. It was costly, but he's here. Another paid to have some documents drawn up to make it appear that he had a business arrangement here and needed to come here temporarily for business purposes. He even bought a phony marriage certificate to make it look like he was married to a Nigerian woman which (along with other things) made it appear as if he would be likely to come back to Nigeria. When he got here the only business he attended to was going to work on finding a woman to marry him; a complete business arrangement which he paid $6,000. It was costly, but he's here. Another came here on a student visa, when he no longer had money to continue his tuition and was facing being sent back, he quickly found someone to marry (another business arrangement). It was costly, but he's here. The list goes on and on. All these men I mentioned paid a lot of money to 'beat the system'. It was a risk on their part, but they succeeded. Many now wonder if it was worth all the money and stress now that they're here and realize that you can't walk into a bank and get money unless you actually have money in the bank to get. They thought life in America would be so easy where you could pick Timberland and Nike's from the trees. They now see how hard it is. Their tactics are attempted by 100's of people everyday. Not just in Nigeria, everywhere. I found VisaJourney to be unlike any other site I've found. Everyone here is so supportive and willing to give good legitimate advice to all that are seeking it. We're all here because we have a loved one abroad and we're going through the Visa process. I didn't start this journey looking for a Nigerian man to 'bring over'. I met him, fell in love and knew that I wanted to be with him forever. The way I'm interpreting your post, is that you are referring to all those who have tried the illegitimate way of coming here and you want to spare them the expense of trying and failing. If someone is attempting to get a Visa under true circumstances, there is only the cost of obtaining the Visa; visa fee, medical exams, etc. There are no palms to grease, no one to 'tip' or 'settle', no documents to buy. I will be more than happy to assist, advise and share my experiences with anyone going thru the process as long as it is for the right reasons. Good luck to you.

Timeline
hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Mr. Adejumo,

When you first sent me a PM about this type of forum, I just ignored it and didn't reply to you. But now that you've posted this in a public forum, I guess I will add my opinion. I have many friends back in Boston (where I'm originally from) who are Nigerian. I'm going to put this as bluntly as I can. They were all given Visa's for different reasons. One came here because his father was already here, but because of his age (he is over 25) they had to lie and doctor up phony papers for his age to look younger so that his father could petition for him to come. It was costly, but he's here. Another paid to have some documents drawn up to make it appear that he had a business arrangement here and needed to come here temporarily for business purposes. He even bought a phony marriage certificate to make it look like he was married to a Nigerian woman which (along with other things) made it appear as if he would be likely to come back to Nigeria. When he got here the only business he attended to was going to work on finding a woman to marry him; a complete business arrangement which he paid $6,000. It was costly, but he's here. Another came here on a student visa, when he no longer had money to continue his tuition and was facing being sent back, he quickly found someone to marry (another business arrangement). It was costly, but he's here. The list goes on and on. All these men I mentioned paid a lot of money to 'beat the system'. It was a risk on their part, but they succeeded. Many now wonder if it was worth all the money and stress now that they're here and realize that you can't walk into a bank and get money unless you actually have money in the bank to get. They thought life in America would be so easy where you could pick Timberland and Nike's from the trees. They now see how hard it is. Their tactics are attempted by 100's of people everyday. Not just in Nigeria, everywhere. I found VisaJourney to be unlike any other site I've found. Everyone here is so supportive and willing to give good legitimate advice to all that are seeking it. We're all here because we have a loved one abroad and we're going through the Visa process. I didn't start this journey looking for a Nigerian man to 'bring over'. I met him, fell in love and knew that I wanted to be with him forever. The way I'm interpreting your post, is that you are referring to all those who have tried the illegitimate way of coming here and you want to spare them the expense of trying and failing. If someone is attempting to get a Visa under true circumstances, there is only the cost of obtaining the Visa; visa fee, medical exams, etc. There are no palms to grease, no one to 'tip' or 'settle', no documents to buy. I will be more than happy to assist, advise and share my experiences with anyone going thru the process as long as it is for the right reasons. Good luck to you.

Well said, Stacey! :thumbs:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline
hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Mr. Adejumo,

Amen sister! :thumbs:

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Timeline
hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Mr. Adejumo,

It is the very people you speak of that has made this journey so unbearably long for those that have valid relationships. We suffer longer waits, longer checks and AP because of the men and woman that think they can trick the system. I have heard of one couple that got here and they are actually calling friends in Nigeria looking for money because they aren't making it here.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

I agree 100% we should educate people in Nigeria about the immigration process. Make sure that they are doing things right and really qualify. Students paying money before they attend a school doesn't sound right to me. I could be wrong.

Wow, this subject is very hard. I am 1/2 Nigerian and many times our family has sponsored cousins to the US to attend school. Mainly Graduate school after they finished University in Nigeria. Each time it was a long hard process getting those student visa's. It is hard enough for a middle class American student to make it through college even with grants , loans and scholarships. Unless a student has a wealthy family or full scholarship (that includes housing and meals) how are they going to make it. Those that you said paid to the the school, had they prepaid or had the funds on hand to complete there education or enough for one semester?

I have seen too many African students run out of funds and have to go home or resort to illegal ways to stay here.

I am not saying that America isn't great...because I think it is and fully understand why so many want to immigrate here. But on the other had it not all that. NO matter what we tell our cousins before they arrive they never believe us. Once cousin told me years later that he really believe the only thing you had to worry about when getting a car was what color. Other than that they just hand you the keys. To us that sounds stupid but he was an intelligent person.

I also think part of the problem is that some Africans that live here have to get real with folk at home. I have Nigerian friends who won't go home unless they have lots of money to flash around.

I know things are hard in Nigeria,but there are also many people there making it and living a good life. People shouldn't but all their hope and dreams into immigrating to America for school or work .......Love is a different issue ;)

Edited by Zi Zi

Timeline

You are right ZiZi, people back home no matter where "home" is, has a distorted view of America. I tried to explain to some friends in Ghana that the very people they see coming to Ghana flashing money and expensive jewelry are many times dead broke in the US! Their airline ticket are probably not paid for (being that they bought it on credit) or they saved their very last dollar to buy their ticket. They may look good, healthy and rich in clothing, but many of us bargain hunt for clothes months in advance because we just don't have it.

There are so many people who have not been back home in years (sometimes more than 10!) because money is tight and they would not be able to give money to family members who expect them to be doing well here.

The truth of the matter is foreigners most times have at least 2 or more jobs just to get by. Some are living in poor neighborhoods just so that they can send money home to their families, all the while trying to maintain themselves as well as other family members here.

My step father who is Nigerian lived with about 5 or 6 other Africans in a 1 bedroom apartment when he came here on a student visa. He lived in a crowded apartment for years, barely able to eat. Many of his friends had servants back home and they came to the US and suffered for a long time before getting on their feet. Although my step father faced hard times here, his family expected him to be doing well and he did not want to disappoint or worry them. I remember him stressing about buying Fendi cologne for his brothers so that he had something expensive to give to them....all in the name of keeping up appearances.

Of course giving the appearance of doing well in the US does not help to demolish the view of instantaneous wealth upon merely touching US soil.

The bottom line is that things are not all roses her in the US. Most times it takes years and years just to make it. We probably could all live better back home than here. If people with middle class wages can have a big house with boys quarters and a gate man, what less of the people here in one of the richest countries in the world? This is how people think.

If its hard on those who enter this country legitimately, what of the people who enter illegally? People who are here illegally have a very hard time! They in no way can fully enjoy the opportunities here.

If we are to offer advice on how to legally come to this country, I say go for it. But I also say that we need to start having honest discourse on the true experiences of foreigners in this country.

When the amount of illegal entries into the US decreases, maybe more doors and opportunities will open for others. :thumbs:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline
hello vj's

thanks you all,

james adejumo.

Mr. Adejumo,

hello,

i really appreciate your post i wish you well in all your undertaken. any more advise will be highly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
You are right ZiZi, people back home no matter where "home" is, has a distorted view of America. I tried to explain to some friends in Ghana that the very people they see coming to Ghana flashing money and expensive jewelry are many times dead broke in the US! Their airline ticket are probably not paid for (being that they bought it on credit) or they saved their very last dollar to buy their ticket. They may look good, healthy and rich in clothing, but many of us bargain hunt for clothes months in advance because we just don't have it.

There are so many people who have not been back home in years (sometimes more than 10!) because money is tight and they would not be able to give money to family members who expect them to be doing well here.

The truth of the matter is foreigners most times have at least 2 or more jobs just to get by. Some are living in poor neighborhoods just so that they can send money home to their families, all the while trying to maintain themselves as well as other family members here.

My step father who is Nigerian lived with about 5 or 6 other Africans in a 1 bedroom apartment when he came here on a student visa. He lived in a crowded apartment for years, barely able to eat. Many of his friends had servants back home and they came to the US and suffered for a long time before getting on their feet. Although my step father faced hard times here, his family expected him to be doing well and he did not want to disappoint or worry them. I remember him stressing about buying Fendi cologne for his brothers so that he had something expensive to give to them....all in the name of keeping up appearances.

Of course giving the appearance of doing well in the US does not help to demolish the view of instantaneous wealth upon merely touching US soil.

The bottom line is that things are not all roses her in the US. Most times it takes years and years just to make it. We probably could all live better back home than here. If people with middle class wages can have a big house with boys quarters and a gate man, what less of the people here in one of the richest countries in the world? This is how people think.

If its hard on those who enter this country legitimately, what of the people who enter illegally? People who are here illegally have a very hard time! They in no way can fully enjoy the opportunities here.

If we are to offer advice on how to legally come to this country, I say go for it. But I also say that we need to start having honest discourse on the true experiences of foreigners in this country.

When the amount of illegal entries into the US decreases, maybe more doors and opportunities will open for others. :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

I am off or did the OP only respond to the post that reported various fruads used to enter the country ?

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This actually needs to be printed on the back of some sort of welcome to America phamplets. We say the exact same thing in the Jamaican threads. My husband's family and friends continue to frustrate him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.