Unruly Gal

K1 Visa Questions

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi all --

I'm beginning to prepare the I-129F packet and had a couple of questions for my yardie family. Y'all are such a wealth of info, I thought I would come directly to the sourece. So here goes...

- What is the A# (it asks for it on Part B., question 9)? Does JA have national identification number (similiar to our SSN#) that I should include?

- On the G-325 when I print out the form it gives me 4 copies of the same form. Do I need to fill out all 4 copies for each of us?

- Does my SO need to provide a copy of his birth certificate also?

- What is a non-impediement form? I've seen that on other posts, but unsure of what it is.

- Just so I'm clear that I-129F packet includes the following:

* I-129F form

*G325 for me and my SO

* Passport photos of the post of us

* Letters of intent from the both of us

*Copies of evidence that we've met within the last two years (will copies of trip itineraries and photos suffice)

Am I missing anything?

- Also, is there anything I should be telling my SO to start gathering as we prepare the form and wait for the next steps? He called me today to say he thinks he has his vaccination card, but I think I read on this forum that there may be a new vaccination card that is required now. Any help is appreciated

Thanks, all for your help. I'm sure I'll be leaning on you for your guidance as we officially begin the process.

Here is a link about the new birth certificates. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1804098

Like JG said don't get the non-impediment and police record yet. The police record is only good for 3 months now so it would just be a waste of money. Use the guides on here and it will tell you exactly how to set it up.

Good luck! And welcome to the wait of your life......... (F) I have never had anything test my patience as much as this process.

When Mike had his interview in May/June he was told that the police record was valid for one year. Has that changed recently?

I'll see if I can find where I read it....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unruly,

I can remember how I felt 4 months ago when I was preparing the I-129F packet. I was so overwhelmed, but with the help of the guides and the yardie girls, I handled it. I wish you all the best as you go through the process. It really takes a lot of patience, but you can do it. Hang in there and we'll be praying for you from start to finish.

Hi all --

I'm beginning to prepare the I-129F packet and had a couple of questions for my yardie family. Y'all are such a wealth of info, I thought I would come directly to the sourece. So here goes...

- What is the A# (it asks for it on Part B., question 9)? Does JA have national identification number (similiar to our SSN#) that I should include?

- On the G-325 when I print out the form it gives me 4 copies of the same form. Do I need to fill out all 4 copies for each of us?

- Does my SO need to provide a copy of his birth certificate also?

- What is a non-impediement form? I've seen that on other posts, but unsure of what it is.

- Just so I'm clear that I-129F packet includes the following:

* I-129F form

*G325 for me and my SO

* Passport photos of the post of us

* Letters of intent from the both of us

*Copies of evidence that we've met within the last two years (will copies of trip itineraries and photos suffice)

Am I missing anything?

- Also, is there anything I should be telling my SO to start gathering as we prepare the form and wait for the next steps? He called me today to say he thinks he has his vaccination card, but I think I read on this forum that there may be a new vaccination card that is required now. Any help is appreciated

Thanks, all for your help. I'm sure I'll be leaning on you for your guidance as we officially begin the process.

Here is a link about the new birth certificates. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1804098

Like JG said don't get the non-impediment and police record yet. The police record is only good for 3 months now so it would just be a waste of money. Use the guides on here and it will tell you exactly how to set it up.

Good luck! And welcome to the wait of your life......... (F) I have never had anything test my patience as much as this process.

When Mike had his interview in May/June he was told that the police record was valid for one year. Has that changed recently?

I'll see if I can find where I read it....

Lawny said when Marcel went to pick up his police report they said it's good for one year.

Unruly: You can PM me if you like and I'll be happy to go over the packet with you since I just had to do it.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

How is your's going, Sunny? Did they every acknowledge the 230?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thanks, Sunny --

I told Island Woman yesterday that my family has always told me to pray for patience, because I have none. I'll get frustrated at the drop of a hat. So I've been praying for patience as they said and look what get's dropped in my lap... this long-distance relationship and this damn visa process. If this doesn't make me patient, I don't know what will!!! Be careful what you pray for :)

Thanks again and I will definitely PM you once I get everything squared away.

Timeline
Thanks, Sunny --

I told Island Woman yesterday that my family has always told me to pray for patience, because I have none. I'll get frustrated at the drop of a hat. So I've been praying for patience as they said and look what get's dropped in my lap... this long-distance relationship and this damn visa process. If this doesn't make me patient, I don't know what will!!! Be careful what you pray for :)

You will be just fine. I'm in the same boat. I've never been patient. It's taken all my strength and courage to there. You CAN do this. Hang in there, UG.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Police record and affidavit of support is good for 1 year...looking at my packet 4 again.......wooshhhhhhh

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Police record and affidavit of support is good for 1 year...looking at my packet 4 again.......wooshhhhhhh

Thanks, Lawny. Aren't you glad you done with the hard part of the process. But make sure to stick around for a little while so you can give us newbies some advice and counsel.

Hope you are enjoying the honeymoon. Don't hurt him, girl....

Timeline

Thanks, Lawny. Aren't you glad you done with the hard part of the process. But make sure to stick around for a little while so you can give us newbies some advice and counsel.

Shut your mouth! Hard part of the process.....PPPPFFFFTTTTT.......

Girl, you have no idea.

It doesn't get any easier. You just get more and more used to it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Girl, you have no idea.

JG :rofl: Don't you think the hardest part is when you are in 2 different countries?? At least going through the next stages you are doing it together.

Timeline

Girl, you have no idea.

JG :rofl: Don't you think the hardest part is when you are in 2 different countries?? At least going through the next stages you are doing it together.

Not even close. The hardest part is yet to come.

Being together has it's pluses and it's minuses. Just because he is by your side is not some magic wand that makes everything easier. Ask anyone who has their SO here and they will tell you the same. You would not believe how many PM's I get that say, you were right.

Either way, it is doable. Just hang in there.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Girl, you have no idea.

Being together has it's pluses and it's minuses. Just because he is by your side is not some magic wand that makes everything easier. Ask anyone who has their SO here and they will tell you the same. You would not believe how many PM's I get that say, you were right.

JG, i love that u remain the voice of reason. Alot of times in my group of good friends I am that one and I feel guilty cuz its like I am being negative, Big ups to u for providing a lil insight when needed.

CONGRATULATIONS Unruly, u r among the firsts that i am gonna actually see the process from beginning to end. I wish u much courage, patience and EVERLASTING LOVE through it all..

Timeline

I understand - that makes sense. I was thinking that this morning when I got out of the shower and both of my kids were in my bed. Where the heck is he going to fit?? And I have been living alone for a long time...well except with my kids, so we will have some major adjustments coming our way.

Timeline

Girl, you have no idea.

Girl, you are probably right! So make sure you stick around too when AW is finally here and I need to come somewhere to vent and get a voice a reason.

I told AW that when he actually moves here that my roommate will need to move out. He was like no I don't want to be the cause for her moving out. I was like "Honey, ain't no well in hell I'm living here with you and a roomate because I'll end of killing one or both of y'all. And plus I haven't shared my bathroom with a man on a consistent basis since I left my parents house, so we -- no you-- going to need that extra bathroom and that closet in her room so we can have a happy and wonderful relationship."

Girl, you have no idea.

JG, i love that u remain the voice of reason. Alot of times in my group of good friends I am that one and I feel guilty cuz its like I am being negative, Big ups to u for providing a lil insight when needed.

CONGRATULATIONS Unruly, u r among the firsts that i am gonna actually see the process from beginning to end. I wish u much courage, patience and EVERLASTING LOVE through it all..

Thanks, Quana!

Timeline
How is your's going, Sunny? Did they every acknowledge the 230?

Sorry JG, I just saw this. I haven't heard anything yet. I didn't call yesterday or today, but I e-mailed the embassy twice and got no response. I guest I have no choice but to wait it out.

ROC

Timeline
Thanks, Sunny --

Your welcome... Just know that I'm here if and when you need me. :)

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.