S&D

Does the history of having F-1 visa delay getting approved for I-129F?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

My fiance filed the I-129F on March 26 and the NOA1 was issued on March 31.

Our case has not got approved yet and I have been wondering why it is taking USCIS

so long to process my case.

I, the beneficiary, used to be a student in the US with F-1 visa.

My student visa was good till 2007 but I decided to quit the school in the US before my visa expired

and returned to my Japanese university that I was originally enrolled in.

Although my visa was still good, I have never used my student visa to enter the US

since I quit the US school as I was no longer a student in the US. I would only stay in the US for 2 and half months

tops.

The oddest thing is that since I returned to Japan 2005, I have been always sent to a different room

upon entering the US. At the costum, they always tell me to go to a different room with my passport

and whenever I ask them why, they say the information that they need to confirm does not come up

on their screen. They have also said that it had something to do with my history of having F-1 visa before.

Every time when I go to the different room, some officers ask me simple questions such as

what I used to study or if i officially withdrew the school. Some never asked me a question.

They just looked at my passport and typed something in and handed in my pasport and let me go.

This is what always always happens.

They always tell me not to worry because it makes me feel like I am a suspicious criminal or something.

Has anyone experienced the same thing before??

Do you think the delay of getting approved has something to do with this???

Thanks for reading and if you could leave me some comment regarding this matter,

I'd really appreciate it because I am so worried to feel left behind.

Edited by S&D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I dont think anybody is going to be able to tell you if whatever it is they are questioning you for at POE is relevant to your wait at the uscis. It sounds simple enough to be questioned. They can never scan my passport for some strange reason. I always end up getting asked more questions.

There seems to be a small group of filers who have similar dates to yours. I'd say it's more likely your adjuticator is on vacation. :huh:

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

BrasilandUSA date='Jul 22 2008, 08:51 PM' post='2039271']

I have the same problems. My fiance sent the forms 03/05/2008 and called to USCIS and they told him they received the forms 03/12/2008.

We don't have any news from VSC and our check is still pending.

I would like to know what can I do in this case, because when we call to the USCIS they always say they don't know when we will have our NOA2.

Best wishes for every VJ's

Ana

Timeline
I dont think anybody is going to be able to tell you if whatever it is they are questioning you for at POE is relevant to your wait at the uscis. It sounds simple enough to be questioned. They can never scan my passport for some strange reason. I always end up getting asked more questions.

There seems to be a small group of filers who have similar dates to yours. I'd say it's more likely your adjuticator is on vacation. :huh:

Thanks for posting a comment Kim! I have been going nuts to find out what is causing this delay...

I think this is what the wait at USCIS does to most of people and there is really no way for us to

find it out. Only USCIS knows. I hope my adjudicator will come back to work as soon as possible

and get the work done!!!

Timeline
BrasilandUSA date='Jul 22 2008, 08:51 PM' post='2039271']

I have the same problems. My fiance sent the forms 03/05/2008 and called to USCIS and they told him they received the forms 03/12/2008.

We don't have any news from VSC and our check is still pending.

I would like to know what can I do in this case, because when we call to the USCIS they always say they don't know when we will have our NOA2.

Best wishes for every VJ's

Ana

Is March 12 the date your NOA1 issued?? Or they just received your petition??

In order to issue NOA1, I believe that your check must be cached first.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.