teejay

Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wife arrived on sunday from Nigeria on a CR-1 visa we are just 1 yr and 1mth in our marriage. The questions is this, is there any other documents I need to file to get a her a 10 yr green card. Can she work now or I have to apply for her to work and finally is she going to get her 2 yr green card immediately or we have to file another paper

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello & Congratulations

I have read informaiton on this but I would not be accurate. You should post this in the CR1 forum or AOS forum

Good luck

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

She should be getting her greencard in a few weeks.

In the meantime she is able to use the stamp in her passport to work, get a driver's license etc.

Congratulations :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations... Your wife should receive her social security card in a few weeks, my husband arrived to the US in March and the process for us was: Social Security card arrive in 2 weeks, we tried to apply for texas ID or driver's license but he could not get it because he didn't have his permanate visa greencard at that time. (we are still waiting for that) that's another story for us... But things should start to move forward after you receive the Visa in the mail make sure that USCIS has your current address that was my mistake I didn't know which dept sent the greencard so I didn't inform USCIS of our moving and now his greencard is lost. My husband got a job after he received his social security card without the greencard, they accepted his visa in his passport. We are CR-1 as well.

God bless and again congratulatons.

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

My wife arrived on sunday from Nigeria on a CR-1 visa we are just 1 yr and 1mth in our marriage. The questions is this, is there any other documents I need to file to get a her a 10 yr green card. Can she work now or I have to apply for her to work and finally is she going to get her 2 yr green card immediately or we have to file another paper

She should get 2 year GC and SS card [if you checked it on the DS-230] in the mail shortly and she can work. She'll have to wait 21 months from date of GC to apply [i-751] for her 10 year card unless you guys divorce and then she can apply just after such.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Does she have a stamp on her passport? If she does you can show that to the employer and you don't have to apply for EAD card. The green card usually arrives 1 month after the entry date. In order to get the 10 year card, you would have to apply for lifting of condition form I-751 90 days before your second marriage anniversary. Hope that helps.

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.