heartbeat

ex

60 posts in this topic

My husband, his ex girlf friend and I work in the same place. Even though their relationship finished before he met me, they still talk a lot. She frequently comes to his desk. One morning I was walking by his desk and I saw her with her butt sitting on my husband's desk. When I told my husband that that is indecent - he said that everything was ok and that I was the one who was wrong. He said that this is a reason to look for another job. I asked him to stop any personal contact with her but he does not want to "ruin" his reputation because he wants to be a good man to everyone.

This morning my husband and I were alone in the office talking, when here she comes. She did not say anything just looked at us and then she left, then she came back- as she did not expect me there. I know she calls him also.

What do you think I should do about this? Who is wrong?

Heartbeat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the outside looking in, its hard for us to say who is right and who is wrong. That said, considering you asked him to stop personal contact with her and he hasn't (or won't) is very alarming.

But above all, you should not discount your women's intuition.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband, his ex girlf friend and I work in the same place. Even though their relationship finished before he met me, they still talk a lot. She frequently comes to his desk. One morning I was walking by his desk and I saw her with her butt sitting on my husband's desk. When I told my husband that that is indecent - he said that everything was ok and that I was the one who was wrong. He said that this is a reason to look for another job. I asked him to stop any personal contact with her but he does not want to "ruin" his reputation because he wants to be a good man to everyone.

This morning my husband and I were alone in the office talking, when here she comes. She did not say anything just looked at us and then she left, then she came back- as she did not expect me there. I know she calls him also.

What do you think I should do about this? Who is wrong?

Heartbeat

There is no right or wrong...there's only what works for each individual couple. If you are clearly stating what you're comfortable with regarding them and he's not listening, then you may need to discuss it when you're both calm and away from the workplace. Explain how much it's bothering you and why.

It may be that he just doesn't realize your position. Of course, my comments are based on the assumption that you aren't overreacting to general and innocent conversation between them. You may need to think about why it upsets you (i.e. what do you think is going on, are you suspicious of them for no reason or for good reason?) and decide if you're response is appropriate for the situation.

My best advice is to talk about it openly and when you're not stressed out/in public.

I wish you luck.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

"Her sitting on his desk is an unacceptable action in a professional environment."

I thought so too. However he says that she does not "like" him and that I should not worry. What happens if she likes him or wants to revenge? You see my point? He does not say that they are not going to be together again because he has me but because she does not like him. Hmmm.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Her sitting on his desk is an unacceptable action in a professional environment.

I agree. He should tell her to get her big a** off his desk. Does he have another chair around there? Just wondering if she skipped the chair and went straight for a seat on his desk. The three of you working together sounds like a recipe for disaster. He may feel wierd about asking her to go away and quit calling him, or maybe he just likes the attention. Either way, it is up to him to let her know that her behavior is unacceptable. Once he does that, and if she keeps it up, then that is another issue.

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

An ex of mine lives kittycorner from us, across the street!!! Our relationship ended in 'that' way quite a long time before I even met Craig, but we remained friends. We also worked together, aside from being neighbors. It wasn't easy, as we were VERY good FRIENDS, but when Craig wasn't altogether comfortable with the friendship, it was(more or less) terminated. As in...we barely talk anymore and only Craig OR myself says hello in passing...if we're outside, at the store, etc. I couldn't understand, and thought it was silly at first..and was annoyed..as I knew the relationship was well past that level...and he had been a good friend to me, and vice versa. When I put myself in Craig's place, however, and imagined HIS ex, blah blah blah..I was NOT too happy. Yes, I'm not embarassed or ashamed to say I CAN be a jealous person!! Ah well. Anyway..maybe if you tell your hubby to imagine the same scenario reversed, it might help. Take care, and hope it all works out for you. (F) M.

after reading..PS..IMO, the 8pm calls are ENTIRELY unacceptable. He needs to make that clear to HER, or she will keep doing it. I understand your position. M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think it depends on how both of you feel. Obviously you are uncomfortable with her being around and he should respect that. Ask him how he would feel if the table was turned? He walks in and see your ex sitting on your desk and he calls you. I think the woman should respect both of you also and back off. She knows you are married, so she needs to find someone elses desk to sit on. And he$$ NO would I look for another job while that was going on. Like I tell people here I totally trust my man, but I don't trust other women with my man. I know how some women work. Shoot....there are some of my friends I would not let around my man, which is sad to say.

Talk it over and tell your husband how you feel. I hope everything works out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

don't let her get you all upset. when you see her on his desk, be nice and act like everything is cool. then pull out a chair for her and go "here you go, dear. i'm sure that desk is not very comfortable." :innocent:

or next time she comes around, jump on the desk before she can! :lol:

or send a memo asking people to stop causing excess wear and tear by using the desks as extra seating, which is not what they are intended for. :devil:

and i do agree with ceriserose, have a serious heart to heart so he understands why it bugs you. and encourage him to STRONGLY encourage her to keep her distance physically and telecommunicatively. if she has respect for him and his marriage, she would not want to cause any problems, right? so she should be fine with slinking back into her corner. ;)

i wish you well. (F):)

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
He should tell her to get her big a** off his desk.

How do you know she has a big a**? :huh: Did I miss a picture around here?

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
An ex of mine lives kittycorner from us, across the street!!! Our relationship ended in 'that' way quite a long time before I even met Craig, but we remained friends. We also worked together, aside from being neighbors. It wasn't easy, as we were VERY good FRIENDS, but when Craig wasn't altogether comfortable with the friendship, it was(more or less) terminated. As in...we barely talk anymore and only Craig OR myself says hello in passing...if we're outside, at the store, etc. I couldn't understand, and thought it was silly at first..and was annoyed..as I knew the relationship was well past that level...and he had been a good friend to me, and vice versa. When I put myself in Craig's place, however, and imagined HIS ex, blah blah blah..I was NOT too happy. Yes, I'm not embarassed or ashamed to say I CAN be a jealous person!! Ah well. Anyway..maybe if you tell your hubby to imagine the same scenario reversed, it might help. Take care, and hope it all works out for you. (F) M.

after reading..PS..IMO, the 8pm calls are ENTIRELY unacceptable. He needs to make that clear to HER, or she will keep doing it. I understand your position. M.

Exactly.. work stays at work.. There's nothing THAT crucial where he needs to be contacted during his personal time.

Thanks for all the answers. I told him that I am going to tell her to stay away from him - since he said that he is not going to do it, but he did not let me do it. SO I don't understand why he is proctecting her so much.

He does not care if I am jealous or if I am sad. But of course he would hate to be in my place. So I hate when he makes judgements where he only care about himself and his position but not about what I feel - like he worries more about what she will say if he tells her something like leave me alone or what his coworkers think about him. So I have to shut up and live with this even though it bothers me a lot.

Thanks

Heartbeat

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

seriously speaking, try to keep a level head about it all. feeding off our emotions can leads us to where we do not want to go.

good luck.

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

when was the moment in time, the vj turned into "dear abby'?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835