• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

"I action that," mentioned by another poster made me feel a little pukey.

In fact, this whole convo is making me uncomfortable.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Another one I hate.

When people talk in acronyms - FYI, CC, BCC etc...

You mean abbreviations, not acronyms.

Acronyms are pronounceable by definition, e.g. UNESCO or NASA.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't remember specific ones from when I worked, but when I was a teacher for preschoolers at a Montessori, we had to say certain things I found very annoying. Like when the kids were unruly "come to circle!" meant everyone sit in a circle on the floor and zip it right now. Then there was "criss cross applesauce" for sit cross legged and fold your hands together and zip it. And if a kid got in trouble, they had to go to "reflection" which was just a time out chair. And they couldn't "work" and had to watch everyone else "work" (learn). :wacko: I am sure those words were used all the time in our staff meetings too.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5. "My favourite which I hear from the managers at the bank I work for is let's touch base about that offline. I think it means have a private chat but I am still not sure."

Gemma, Wolverhampton, England

that's the one i love. if it's offline, i'm not at work. enjoy trying to contact me at home to discuss work.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
the phrase i hate the most is 'we have to think outside the box'.. it irks me

oh i love that one too. i tell them i can't think outside the box as it's lunchtime.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5. "My favourite which I hear from the managers at the bank I work for is let's touch base about that offline. I think it means have a private chat but I am still not sure."

Gemma, Wolverhampton, England

that's the one i love. if it's offline, i'm not at work. enjoy trying to contact me at home to discuss work.

Maybe she doesn't know what "touch base" means?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Takeaways.

Like from stupid PowerPoint presentations. I just watched the whole GD thing, you don't need to remind me right NOW what you told me. Maybe in a week...

maybe we can bulletize the takeways?

someone actually used the word bulletize once. thank god there were no sharp objects nearby.

the only takeaways I want are pizza and chinese food.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Takeaways.

Like from stupid PowerPoint presentations. I just watched the whole GD thing, you don't need to remind me right NOW what you told me. Maybe in a week...

maybe we can bulletize the takeways?

someone actually used the word bulletize once. thank god there were no sharp objects nearby.

the only takeaways I want are pizza and chinese food.

See, us 'net people never print. Everything is online! ;) All emails have the 'Please think of the trees before printing this' tagline.... :wacko:

All meetings are WebEx & conference calls, which I do love!

Edited by illumine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Another one I hate.

When people talk in acronyms - FYI, CC, BCC etc...

You mean abbreviations, not acronyms.

Acronyms are pronounceable by definition, e.g. UNESCO or NASA.

Also known today as text talk.

Lets see my least favorites:

"That's what we'd call a union statement."

"Talking Points"

"Think outside the box"

"Team Work"

"Team Member"

"Team Player"

There is more. I just hate sucking up and being told we're a team and we work together when I'd rather do independent work. And why does everyone now days have to wear the same outfit to work and have name tags? And what is with being told what color my hair should be, and if I can wear nail polish or not? Honestly do we all have to be carbon copy cookie cutters of each other? It's bad enough that every freaking city in the US looks the same with their Barnes & Nobles, Starbucks, Target, shopping centers. You go visit some place and you walk into their Target and everything is the same there down to the layout of the stores. bleh.

Where is the creativity, the individuality, the something different, something special, something unique?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png