• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
A bit different because I'm in education, but our principle calls the school our "brand" and that we our selling our "product" (education?) to our "clients" (students?). It's so annoying because most of us refuse to see students as clients and rather as learners....

that's thanks to us evil marketers muahaha.. yeah.. basically everything is a product.. even friendship is a product.. your friends are your clients, and it depends how good you are with the your own branding, to be a better 'good' for them..

the phrase i hate the most is 'we have to think outside the box'.. it irks me

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A bit different because I'm in education, but our principle calls the school our "brand" and that we our selling our "product" (education?) to our "clients" (students?). It's so annoying because most of us refuse to see students as clients and rather as learners....

that's thanks to us evil marketers muahaha.. yeah.. basically everything is a product.. even friendship is a product.. your friends are your clients, and it depends how good you are with the your own branding, to be a better 'good' for them..

I always keep thinking of doing a Mark Corrigan when I hear that stuff.

"Let's not think outside the box. In fact, we should think very much inside the box. And keep the lid closed".

Edited by Number 6

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

oooooooooooohhhhhh I hate that one too.

That applies to education as well. Only we "teach outside the box"

NO I WANT TO BE IN THE DAMN BOX

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

oooooooooooohhhhhh I hate that one too.

That applies to education as well. Only we "teach outside the box"

NO I WANT TO BE IN THE DAMN BOX

u know, i made a project once about religious marketing.. and they use the same products.. is not as crazy as u think to call people 'clients' and religion the 'product'

but yeah.. thinking outside the box referring to a creative process, is so fukcin 80's..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I was involved in interviewing/recruiting for my company - every time an applicant said "I'm a people person", I wanted to say......next!

Edited by Gigli2008

Timeline
There's irony there too - because if people really were "thinking outside the box" they probably wouldn't resort to cliche :lol:

yeap :lol:

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

"Vectors for success"

"drill down" - ie: "So, let's drill down a little further, align our goals and desired outcomes for this strategic partnership, and come up with some really solid vectors for success"

IE: Let's waste more time drinking coffee in this stuffy conference room making nebulous plans and acting like self important twats so we don't have to go back to our desks and actually DO any of this work...

Ugh. I don't miss my marketing job!!

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A friend of mine used to work as a nurse in a psychiatric hospital. They called the patients there "clients".

Well... their clients are nuts! :wacko:

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Turning nouns into verbs. Conferencing, officing, etc. SKIN. CRAWLS.

Copycatting (post #4) :P

It's a little different, though. I hate it more when nouns are made into verbs than I do when verbs are reconfigured based on their noun (e.g., "conversate").

Filed: Timeline

At the end of the day..... it's f##king night, you moron.

HATE that one. Anyone who uses it is immediately filed in my mental "Self-Worshipping Prat" folder.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.