13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We filed for Employment Authorization before filing for Green Card. We just received Employment in 3/08, now want to doe green card, but was told still have to pay $1010.00 Does anyone know why?

Thems the rules when you do it out of a particular order

YMMV

We filed for Employment Authorization before filing for Green Card. We just received Employment in 3/08, now want to doe green card, but was told still have to pay $1010.00 Does anyone know why?

Because the $1010 is the standard AOS filing fee, no exceptions (EAD & AP is just thrown in there now).

Why would anyone file for EAD for such a short time before the AOS seems like a waste of money.

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

In other words, the EAD is included in the Adjustment of Status package. I'm sure that you had to pay 300 dlls plus for this EAD right? well, if you would've filed everything for the green card and paid 1010 that would've included an EAD as well. Since you filed in different times, you have to pay twice.

Check the rules and step-by-step instructions listed in the other thread listed in this forum to avoid making this kind of mistakes and hurt your pocket $$$ or the process in the future ;)

Good luck!

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
In other words, the EAD is included in the Adjustment of Status package. I'm sure that you had to pay 300 dlls plus for this EAD right? well, if you would've filed everything for the green card and paid 1010 that would've included an EAD as well. Since you filed in different times, you have to pay twice.

Check the rules and step-by-step instructions listed in the other thread listed in this forum to avoid making this kind of mistakes and hurt your pocket $$$ or the process in the future ;)

Good luck!

I have a question stemming from this. We applied for AOS, EAD and AP together. We received the EAD and AP already, but the EAD is up for renewal in October of 2008. Our AOS is still pending. Do I still have to pay $300+ in order for the EAD to be renewed?

Timeline

Check the rules and step-by-step instructions listed in the other thread listed in this forum to avoid making this kind of mistakes and hurt your pocket $$ or the process in the future ;)

Good luck!

I have a question stemming from this. We applied for AOS, EAD and AP together. We received the EAD and AP already, but the EAD is up for renewal in October of 2008. Our AOS is still pending. Do I still have to pay $300+ in order for the EAD to be renewed?

Affirmative

01/25/13 Check cashed

Just a comment: there are situations when people do prefer to file for EAD first and pay the money and then take their time (for various personal reasons) to file for AOS. So don't pass judgement too quickly about making mistakes and filing in the wrong order. If it's an informed decision regarding the additional money involved, then everyone is free to file in whichever order they want. However, it does seem that the OP was not aware that the EAD is included in AOS filing, hence his wondering if they still have to pay $1,010.

10-Apr-08...Filing date for I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

02-May-08...Biometrics

31-Jul-08...EAD Card received

15-Sep-08...Interview (APPROVED)

27-Sep-08...GC received

03-Aug-10...Filed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

06-Aug-10...NOA 1-yr Extension Letter

10-Sep-10...Biometrics

02-Dec-10...ROC approved! (Card production ordered)

Good luck!

It depends on when you filed the AOS. If you filed after the new fees were in effect and paid the $1010 for AOS, then all interim benefits are included. Renewal of the EAD is one of those interim benefits and you will not have to pay for it. If you filed before the new fees were in effect, you will have to pay for the renewal.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck!

It depends on when you filed the AOS. If you filed after the new fees were in effect and paid the $1010 for AOS, then all interim benefits are included. Renewal of the EAD is one of those interim benefits and you will not have to pay for it. If you filed before the new fees were in effect, you will have to pay for the renewal.

I didn't personally do the paperwork so forgive me if this is an obvious question. Were the new fees in effect in August of 2007, right after the July bulletin fiasco? I believe we managed to file when USCIS extended the deadline, maybe August 15 or something. (does that date make sense to anyone?)

Timeline

Good luck!

I didn't personally do the paperwork so forgive me if this is an obvious question. Were the new fees in effect in August of 2007, right after the July bulletin fiasco? I believe we managed to file when USCIS extended the deadline, maybe August 15 or something. (does that date make sense to anyone?)

I am not aware of any fee extention deadline... Fees changed effective July 30, 2007.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

Good luck!

I am not aware of any fee extention deadline... Fees changed effective July 30, 2007.

July 30, 2007 was the last day to file w/the cheaper pricetag. Effective August 1, 2007, people had to pay the increased fee.

01/25/13 Check cashed

Timeline

Good luck!

July 30 29, 2007 was the last day to file w/the cheaper pricetag. Effective August 1 July 30, 2007, people had to pay the increased fee.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

What he just said oops! :P

01/25/13 Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.