Mich3

#25 on the DS-230

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure what to answer on this question. I'm only 40 minutes away from my fiance and so I'm always going back and forth across the border. I'm there every weekend. Also what do I put for "type of visa status"?? Can anyone help me out??

Thanks

Not sure what to answer on this question. I'm only 40 minutes away from my fiance and so I'm always going back and forth across the border. I'm there every weekend. Also what do I put for "type of visa status"?? Can anyone help me out??

Thanks

I'm in a similar situation, having spent a good deal of my childhood in a border town (we'd walk across the border with a wave to the guard to go get an ice cream...) and, more recently, traveling down to Boston to visit my fiance. I just filled in the forms this morning and I wrote a note to "please see attachement" and then added a brief letter explaining that I've visited the US regularly throughout my life and that I didn't know the exact dates of each visit. I then added the dates for my most recent visit. Hope that helps! :)

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.