V&J2005

I sent I-751 10 days ago and still waiting

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you send your I-751 through a method that can be tracked? If so, you can verify when it arrived. Did you send it directly to California or to Nebraska? If you used a cheque you will be able to check with your online banking when that cheque is cashed. You should receive your NOA 1 notification extending your greencard for a year very soon. You shouldn't have to worry but until you receive the NOA you will have no proof of your legal status. If you do not receive your NOA within 30 days after you submitted it you can go to the local USCIS office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport extending your status for a year.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
Should I be worry ??

I sent my I-751 remov conditions 10 days ago and my green card is gonna expired tomorrow

:crying:

Verify it arrived by checking your certified mail or express mail receipt number [if you didn't send it with either, kick yourself]. Then relax. If you need a stamp, once you ge the receipt, go into CIS and ask for a temporary stamp.

I am not a lawyer. I am familiar with the immigration process, but any questions I answer are not advice or represented as being true for your situation in any form or manner. I am not liable if you read what I have written and act upon it. Do your own research, ask an attorney for assistance, and make up your own mind. Nevertheless, I may attempt to answer questions from time to time to give you an idea of what to search for in finding out your answer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Did you send your I-751 through a method that can be tracked? If so, you can verify when it arrived. Did you send it directly to California or to Nebraska? If you used a cheque you will be able to check with your online banking when that cheque is cashed. You should receive your NOA 1 notification extending your greencard for a year very soon. You shouldn't have to worry but until you receive the NOA you will have no proof of your legal status. If you do not receive your NOA within 30 days after you submitted it you can go to the local USCIS office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport extending your status for a year.

Ok I will kick myself then.. and wait 30 days for my NOA

Oh, I sent it to Nebraska

Timeline

Nebraska will forward it on to California. Check with your bank to see if they have cashed the cheque yet. Then you will know that they have received it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can I take a photocopy of the check to get my passport stamped or does it have to be the NOA?

They cashed my check in three days.

I need to renew my driver's lisense and wondering if I have to wait 30 days before you can make an appointment.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

Hi Peggy, How soon do you need to renew your driver's license? You could try going in for the I-551 stamp by making an INFOPASS appointment, however I am not sure they will give it to you if you can reasonably expect your NOA notification in the near future, although since your green card is already expired they may be willing to give it.. Since your cheque was cashed 3 days later I would expect you could receive your NOA extension letter some time this week. You could certainly make the appointment and then cancel it if your NOA arrives before your scheduled appointment. You can renew your Driver's License with either the I-551 stamp in your unexpired passport or your expired green card plus the NOA extension letter. You can certainly take a copy of the canceled cheque but they may just use your A# from your green card. That is all I needed when I got my stamp in Atlanta. They won't give the stamp if you do have an NOA extension letter - it seems to be either one or the other.

Timeline

they wont give you the stamp if you have your NOA?

thats stupid

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
they wont give you the stamp if you have your NOA?

thats stupid

They will give you the stamp if you have your NOA if you are going on vacation to a country that you fear may have a problem with the extension letter, or when the extension letter is almost ready to expire.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Sent my I-751 end of february but i havent received NOA or biometrics LOL

i might make an infopass to get a stamp to my passport soon. i dont need it now,my driver licence expires in 2013 but im planing to travel in october.

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Take the biometrics notice with you to renew your license. I used the I-751 application and the acknowledgement letter to get my wife a new identification card. I explained everything in a letter, but you can explain it face to face. It took about two weeks for the California DMV to issue her a new ID. It came about a week before we left on vacation so flying was easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When the office said my wife was approved for her first green card, she said since we are married less that two years she will only get a conditional two year card. Make sure to file a I-751 90 days before it expires and make a note of it as the USCIS will not notify you. So when we got home, typed out March 27, 2007 SEND IN I-751!!! and taped that to our refrigerator door where is sat for some 21 months.

Last December, had to fight with the DMV in WI for over a week sending a pile of faxes to our governors office with an expired green card and a valid yet one year extension, they never heard of that!!! Then somebody checked with the USCIS and found her status was still that of a permanent resident, and they are experiencing minor delays in processing. And I had a complete copy of exactly what we sent into the USCIS, the extension notice, expired green card, the stamped biometrics, sheet, and the canceled check, a printed out sheet of our case status they could check that out for themselves and I told them how to do it, and a canceled check from Nebraska.

So all I can say, is good luck. She did get her driver's license renewed for eight years, but at first they only wanted to renew it until her one year extension notice expired, but that was a battle. She can't do her job without a vehicle and a valid driver's license. Many states are cracking down on illegals as the feds are doing nothing about it. At first, they only issued her a three year probationary license even though she passed the test, and all she needed then was a SS card and her passport, but that is history.

Looks like NSC might sit a bit on your package before trasfering to CSC. (TSC transfers to VSC right away). Even if you get your NOA, it is better to get stamp. Seems that most gov agencies aware about I-551 stamp but about extension letter.

Should I be worry ??

I sent my I-751 remov conditions 10 days ago and my green card is gonna expired tomorrow

:crying:

Karina and Tomy

Did you notice if your case was touched at all?

17 days later I received my ASC Appointment notice for my biometrics on jun 22 :dance:

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.