w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

US Gasoline Pump Prices Poised To Catch Up With Crude Boom - $6/gallon is coming...

72 posts in this topic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We have three christian missions which take them in for a time.

I don't get it. Why?

There are three chrisitian rescue missions stationed around the region that take in the passing homeless. They shelter them, feed them, cloth them, and try to help them get work so they can get money and stand on their own two feet.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

I don't get it. Why?

There are three chrisitian rescue missions stationed around the region that take in the passing homeless. They shelter them, feed them, cloth them, and try to help them get work so they can get money and stand on their own two feet.

:lol: We weren't talking about the homeless.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Do you guys actually see a lot of Hummers on the streets? I don't. Never have. Maybe 1-2 a year.

There were loads of them where I lived in Tampa (There was 2 in my small subdivision as well). I saw even more as moving advertisements for businesses. I rarely see them here in KS.

Do you guys actually see a lot of Hummers on the streets? I don't. Never have. Maybe 1-2 a year.

Over here it's mostly these: (and I'm still seeing many of them on my long commute from OC to LA)

Oh yeah - SUVs are everywhere here. My corporate parking lot is probably 2/3rds SUVs and pickups.

Laura/Jenn,

Wow! I feel left out :P I'm the only one who never sees 'em.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't get it. Why?

:lol: We weren't talking about the homeless.

:lol: oh my brain really streched that one. anyways. yes there are hummers all over this region everyday all the time.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I don't get it. Why?

:rofl: We were talking about Hummers.

These:

hummer-pass-view.jpg

Not these:

bum.jpg

Wow! I feel left out :P I'm the only one who never sees 'em.

You need to get out more. :P

The price of oil is mainly from speculators. The range that price is in now cannot be sustained. It is a bubble that will break just as the housing market bubble and the .com bubble both broke. I really doubt if we ever see $10/gallon gas.

The price of oil is mainly from speculators. The range that price is in now cannot be sustained. It is a bubble that will break just as the housing market bubble and the .com bubble both broke. I really doubt if we ever see $10/gallon gas.

True! However, I never thought that we would see $5/gallon gas either, but yet, here we are... But you are right, I don't actually think (or should I write hope) that we will ever see $10/gallon gas. (((my fingers are still crossed)))

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Part of making that bubble burst is driving down demand. Both the .com bubble as well as the housing bubble were popped that way. ;)

Part of making that bubble burst is driving down demand. Both the .com bubble as well as the housing bubble were popped that way. ;)

The rising prices will reduce demand. Econ 101. It will be a self popping bubble if things continue the way it is.

The speculation in oil commodities, just like speculation in all other commodities, is based on expectations of future demand. Unless there's a good case to be made that the expectations of future demand (mostly due to expectations of growth in the third world) are inflated and incorrect, these gas prices are likely not going to decrease a lot.

For example, home prices in this housing bubble, based on data from OFHEO, in the Edison/New Brunswick NJ MSA, from 1976 to 1q 2008 looks like something like this

edisonnbhpibh6.jpg

Dates aren't in the x-axis because each data point is for a quarter and I don't like the clutter. But as should be clear, when prices are based on expectations of future demand, a bubble will often overshoot but that does not mean the entire increase in price was unsound. If you look at the previous "bubble" (yes, it was called that at the time), prices never did come down to pre-bubble levels.

So don't expect gas prices to go back down to pre-bubble levels either. At some point, speculators will overshoot and when that happens we will "correct". But that doesn't mean that the speculation in its entirety is wrong or unsound.

Edited by VJ Troll

The speculation in oil commodities, just like speculation in all other commodities, is based on expectations of future demand. Unless there's a good case to be made that the expectations of future demand (mostly due to expectations of growth in the third world) are inflated and incorrect, these gas prices are likely not going to decrease a lot.

For example, home prices in this housing bubble, based on data from OFHEO, in the Edison/New Brunswick NJ MSA, looks something like this, from 1976 to 1q 2008 looks like something like this

edisonnbhpibh6.jpg

Dates aren't in the x-axis because each data point is for a month and I don't like the clutter. But as should be clear, when prices are based on expectations of future demand, a bubble will often overshoot but that does not mean the entire increase in price was unsound. If you look at the previous "bubble" (yes, it was called that at the time), prices never did come down to pre-bubble levels.

So don't expect gas prices to go back down to pre-bubble levels either. At some point, speculators will overshoot and when that happens we will "correct". But that doesn't mean that the speculation in its entirety is wrong or unsound.

No, it will not come down to the pre-bubble price because of the demand from China and India. But it will come down to a more reasonable level that is less than it is today. $2 gas will never be back. But $2.50 - $3.00 will be the norm soon. If we can convince the pin-heads in Washington to allow us to drill our own oil it will also have an effect on the speculators. They will see an increased supply in a few years and that will also drive the price down today.