bubbles123

some assistance

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi guys

new here can someone clear this up for me i hope we are ok here goes:

hi my hubby recv invitation from a friend to come to usa a couple years ago. when he goes for the interview @ the foreign post of his country nigeria for a spousal visa will they see this, im sure they will .

He says they took fingerprints ,but he was told sorry come back in 6mos. Also the passport that was used for this application had an erroneously printed d.o.b on it, but in the observations of that passport it has his d.o.b. written in and signed by an authorized authority. He has purchased a new passport that now has his correct d.o.b printed, if he shows them this, and bring along the original passport and state that it was an error ,Do you think they will grant him the visa..? Also on the old passport that he used on the visa page, the consular officer wrote a capital B next to the their official embassy stamp, Do yo guys think we will be fine?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Was he approved for the visa to come and see his friend? What did the embassy stamp in his passport say?

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Was he approved for the visa to come and see his friend? What did the embassy stamp in his passport say?

No, he was did not recv the b2 visa, the officer told him sorry come back in 6mos. they didnt stamp anything the american consular stamp is there as saying application recv on such and such date on the visa page . it just says application and has the date they received it, but it has a capital b written next to it. does this stand for the type of visa he applied for? That was his first and only time applying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

No, he was did not recv the b2 visa, the officer told him sorry come back in 6mos. they didnt stamp anything the american consular stamp is there as saying application recv on such and such date on the visa page . it just says application and has the date they received it, but it has a capital b written next to it. does this stand for the type of visa he applied for? That was his first and only time applying.

In that case I would not worry about taking the previous passport. He should just go with his current passport. The CO will be aware that he applied for a B2 visa and he may be asked some questions about that. But the denial of the B2 will not affect him getting the K3.

As for the DOB, just have him make sure that it is correct on all the forms. I don't see the CO asking about the DOB that was on the previous passport. If it comes up he can just explain that it was an error.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

In that case I would not worry about taking the previous passport. He should just go with his current passport. The CO will be aware that he applied for a B2 visa and he may be asked some questions about that. But the denial of the B2 will not affect him getting the K3.

As for the DOB, just have him make sure that it is correct on all the forms. I don't see the CO asking about the DOB that was on the previous passport. If it comes up he can just explain that it was an error.

Good luck :)

ok ty very helpful young lady.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

These kind of passport typos get hit hard. The big question is : what DOB did he enter on the DOB form ?

If the correct DOB then all is good but if the date to match the wrong passport DOB then he will be hit with misrepresentation.

It is the applicants responsibility and requirement to correct all mistakes with passports BEFORE applying for any visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
hi guys

new here can someone clear this up for me i hope we are ok here goes:

hi my hubby recv invitation from a friend to come to usa a couple years ago. when he goes for the interview @ the foreign post of his country nigeria for a spousal visa will they see this, im sure they will .

He says they took fingerprints ,but he was told sorry come back in 6mos. Also the passport that was used for this application had an erroneously printed d.o.b on it, but in the observations of that passport it has his d.o.b. written in and signed by an authorized authority. He has purchased a new passport that now has his correct d.o.b printed, if he shows them this, and bring along the original passport and state that it was an error ,Do you think they will grant him the visa..? Also on the old passport that he used on the visa page, the consular officer wrote a capital B next to the their official embassy stamp, Do yo guys think we will be fine?

welcome to vj, first of all the flag u put in your profile is not nigeria flag. straight to the main point. tell ur hubby to try and digg his previous application form where ever he put it and fill the same information that applies to the his cr1 application before u begin anything.if there is any changes which require affidavit he should get it and attach it for clear explanation. immigration are trained to refuse application looking for slight mistake. tell him to go with the old passport. they might have kept the copy of the old passport with them.he should make sure that nothing is contradicting.all your information is in their system. once u apply fisrt time, so if u re going next time once they fingerprint you it will automatically pull out your previous information even u change all your information no way.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's important to them that the information matches. So I would carry the old passport that shows the correction made my Nigerian Officials and of course the new passport. Did everything match on the application for the visitor visa to the fiance application? If they don't match, it will raise red flags with the embassy. Did they tell him why his visitor visa was denied? Since they told him to return in 6 months, I imagine that as long as you have proof regarding the date of birth (including the birth certificate) then he should be fine. He may face some questions, but should just be prepared to answer and show what happened. It's not abnormal to have those types of errors.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
welcome to vj, first of all the flag u put in your profile is not nigeria flag. straight to the main point. tell ur hubby to try and digg his previous application form where ever he put it and fill the same information that applies to the his cr1 application before u begin anything.if there is any changes which require affidavit he should get it and attach it for clear explanation. immigration are trained to refuse application looking for slight mistake. tell him to go with the old passport. they might have kept the copy of the old passport with them.he should make sure that nothing is contradicting.all your information is in their system. once u apply fisrt time, so if u re going next time once they fingerprint you it will automatically pull out your previous information even u change all your information no way.

Don't you have the same flag? :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The Nigeria flag recently changed on VJ and looks funny, but it is the right flag......

whatever.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

The Nigeria flag recently changed on VJ and looks funny, but it is the right flag......

whatever.

I noticed that, too.

It was a different flag last night.

Today it switched back to the current flag.

Ohhhh, got it now. Thanks for the correction.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.