jmmr

Patiently Waiting

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Everyone! I'm glad there is a chat site for this topic because I find myself searching the web for answers constantly. I am currently in the process of waiting for an answer for the fiance visa. I just want to check if what is happening is normal..

On December, I was able to meet **HIM** for the whole month! it was awesome. I had a blast! After I got back home, we both had to gather our paper work to turn into the California service center along with the application. LONG STORY SHORT! They recieved it march 18 2008. The only thing i have gotten is the NOA1 I haven't heard ANYTHING from them. Is that typical? I guess it's a good thing because they havent even asked for more information. But, i just want to make sure that it is ok. I check the status frequently and the processing times frequently as well. So far it looks like the average time is 6 months or so. What is my next expectation? I just feel like waiting isn't getting me to where i want...I want him here so bad! :blush:

Also....I'm nervous about the interview. Does anyone have a timeline on their personal experience? Thanks bunches everyone.:dance:

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Welcome to VJ.

Next to expect after the NOA1 , is the NOA2 (Notice of Approval) and yes it's normal that it could take awhile. As for others K1 interview experiences in your counsulate , here is the link for sub-forum Latin America, Mexico & the Caribbean

Good luck and Welcome here.

Shape

Hey Everyone! I'm glad there is a chat site for this topic because I find myself searching the web for answers constantly. I am currently in the process of waiting for an answer for the fiance visa. I just want to check if what is happening is normal..

On December, I was able to meet **HIM** for the whole month! it was awesome. I had a blast! After I got back home, we both had to gather our paper work to turn into the California service center along with the application. LONG STORY SHORT! They recieved it march 18 2008. The only thing i have gotten is the NOA1 I haven't heard ANYTHING from them. Is that typical? I guess it's a good thing because they havent even asked for more information. But, i just want to make sure that it is ok. I check the status frequently and the processing times frequently as well. So far it looks like the average time is 6 months or so. What is my next expectation? I just feel like waiting isn't getting me to where i want...I want him here so bad! :blush:

Also....I'm nervous about the interview. Does anyone have a timeline on their personal experience? Thanks bunches everyone

.:dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No experience for me through your consulate but good luck and I hope you speed through the process.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Look at my time line, I sent my papers September 11 and didn't get my NOA 2 until February 4. We would have had our visa by now (2nd week of April) but there was a slight problem at the medical so we are delayed another few weeks.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

It is quite normal for the process to go slow. You should make sure you have signed up for email notification at the USCIS website. That will allow you to check the status of your case to see if it has been touched. A touch involves a change in the date status for your case. It means only that someone has moved your case file. Each case is tracked with bar codes to be able to find the last person who accessed the file. This is how they keep track of the huge volume of case files.

While you are waiting for the NOA2, you should prepare yourself for the change in your life. Keep busy with making things in your home better and prepared for another person. You will find that keeping busy with preparations will make the time go quicker.

Welcome to VJ. You are among friends.

Timeline

Thanks everyone :) I check my status a lot! But it never changes...it tells me that they have sent me that noa1 form and to follow instructions on it. The case status doesn't say wheter it's been touched or anything.... Is that not right?

Thanks!!

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/16/2008 POE

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/28/2008 - Touch

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

Filed: Timeline
Thanks everyone :) I check my status a lot! But it never changes...it tells me that they have sent me that noa1 form and to follow instructions on it. The case status doesn't say wheter it's been touched or anything.... Is that not right?

Thanks!!

Jmmr,

I recommend you check out other people's timelines on here, as this would put a lot of your worries to rest. also, please MAKE a timeline yourself so people can get a better idea on where you are on your journey so they can better assist you.

Also, i recommend to READ the guides. These will help you out a lot as well, and they will answer all the questions.

The NOA1 just means that the CSC has received your case, and they are going to put it in a box and let it sit in the shelves for awhile while they work on the cases that arrived before yours. I think the average time from when you turn in your I-129f petition packet to the time you get the NOA2 is like... 5-6 months right now I believe, because CSC is the SLOWEST of the two service centers, and because summer they are generally a lot more busy.

Yea, so the next step, like mentioned before, is waiting for the NOA2. don't worry if your case hasn't been "touched" yet, as ours never was "touched" yet we got our NOA2 four months after filing our I-129f petition.

So basically, once again I recommend reading the guides before posting questions, as most of your questions will be answered (I posted a lot of questions too and then read the guides and realized these questions were already answered haha!)

I know it sucks waiting, and that you want your fiance to be with you now, but remember, WE ALL DO, and most people are able to get through the process unscathed, and that everyone here on VJ is here for the same reason and that everyone is willing to help, so you are definitely at the right place.

Good luck to you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks!!

Jmmr,

I recommend you check out other people's timelines on here, as this would put a lot of your worries to rest. also, please MAKE a timeline yourself so people can get a better idea on where you are on your journey so they can better assist you.

Also, i recommend to READ the guides. These will help you out a lot as well, and they will answer all the questions.

The NOA1 just means that the CSC has received your case, and they are going to put it in a box and let it sit in the shelves for awhile while they work on the cases that arrived before yours. I think the average time from when you turn in your I-129f petition packet to the time you get the NOA2 is like... 5-6 months right now I believe, because CSC is the SLOWEST of the two service centers, and because summer they are generally a lot more busy.

Yea, so the next step, like mentioned before, is waiting for the NOA2. don't worry if your case hasn't been "touched" yet, as ours never was "touched" yet we got our NOA2 four months after filing our I-129f petition.

So basically, once again I recommend reading the guides before posting questions, as most of your questions will be answered (I posted a lot of questions too and then read the guides and realized these questions were already answered haha!)

I know it sucks waiting, and that you want your fiance to be with you now, but remember, WE ALL DO, and most people are able to get through the process unscathed, and that everyone here on VJ is here for the same reason and that everyone is willing to help, so you are definitely at the right place.

Good luck to you

I agree that watching other people's timelines can sometimes give you an idea about how things will go for you (hopefully).

Good luck!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Did you register with the uscis website ?? If so, you can check your "Last Updated" date. If that date changes... you were touched. Can mean something... or nothing. Some people see them all the way through... some not at all. If you're looking for something else to obsess over that would be it. ;)

:time:

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Did you register with the uscis website ?? If so, you can check your "Last Updated" date. If that date changes... you were touched. Can mean something... or nothing. Some people see them all the way through... some not at all. If you're looking for something else to obsess over that would be it. ;)

:time:

OOH Thanks for that link!! I did see that it was UpDaTeD on the 26 of March. But now i have set it to email update for THAT case. YAY THANK YOU! I am kind of impatien huh? I just want everything to go perfect.... :innocent: I want my hubby here with me ya know... I'm so excited!

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/16/2008 POE

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/28/2008 - Touch

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.