Oasis

time outside of the United Staates

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am finally filling out my papers to get my Citizenship.

In Part 7 - do you really need to list all your trips, I have been out of the country so many times, visiting family or friends that I dont even remember..

Do they notice if you forgot one - i also dont remember dates.

Thanks

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Oasis,

I had a similar problem, living in a 3rd country and needing a police clearance. They also wanted a record of all my movements. And I assume I will need it for some phase of my K1 process. I am on my 3rd passport!

heres what I did... make a spreadsheet in excel, or whatever you use, and make columns as such...eg

country arrival date stamp on page \ country departure date stamp on page days in reason

MEXICO 01/01/06 20 MEXICO 01/10/06 23 10 visit family

before you enter the days in or the reason get the computer to sort it in dated order... I found it easy to remember what Id been doing once I saw the number of days I was in a particular place. Also the powers that be were very happy they did not have to wade through a myriad of stamps, they could just go to the page I listed and find it. I did a seperate sheet for each passport. It changed a process that normally takes a couple of months here to 4 days!!!

Good luck

Oasis,

sorry , that came out a bit messed up, NOT how I typed it! hope you get the idea!

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.