honeyblonde

Advance Parole

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Abdel received 2 originals of the AP document today. It is showing approved on 5/3, which is the date of the last touch on the application. His EAD was also touched that day, so I'm hoping that it's just waiting for the fingerprints to clear and then he will have that.

I sure hope he can work soon. I came out of work today to find a flat tire on my car. It's amazing - they say tires are good for 40,000 miles - well mine have 39,612 miles on them. Dang it, I want my other 388 miles! Anyway, SUV tires aren't cheap, so now I have to go into debt again. I knew I would need them soon but this was a little sooner than I hoped.

Oh well, at least the AP was a smile for today!

Congrats Liz and Abdel...awesome news...!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Timeline

OMG! I just checked the USCIS update page for about the 4th time today and they touched our EAD and AOS today!

Then I checked the e-mail we use for that, and they sent us the e-mail 5 times telling us Abdel's work permit has been approved and will be mailed shortly! Wow, that was the boost I needed. I was feeling totally drained about the tires and now I'm not tired at all.

Jenn, you should be hearing something shortly. I must say Charleston is really on top of things. I hope they do all our files!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
OMG! I just checked the USCIS update page for about the 4th time today and they touched our EAD and AOS today!

Then I checked the e-mail we use for that, and they sent us the e-mail 5 times telling us Abdel's work permit has been approved and will be mailed shortly! Wow, that was the boost I needed. I was feeling totally drained about the tires and now I'm not tired at all.

Jenn, you should be hearing something shortly. I must say Charleston is really on top of things. I hope they do all our files!

Very happy for you two! :dance:

We're a bit frustrated. Wadi's EAD hasn't been touched since the day after biometrics. We've got an infopass appointment now on the 18th to try to get an interim. Hopefully the RFE on the AOS won't end up affecting that.

Let's hope your good fortune rubs off on us so that I'll be able to cancel the infopass because we already have the EAD in hand... :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on both the AP and the EAD.

Happy job hunting!!!!

And see..... behind every cloud, there's a silver lining (only you got 2 silver linings!!!!!)

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS that is great news. I am so very happy for you both.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

liz

congrats for abdel's approval on EAD...

and so sorry to hear about the flat tire...

hope allllllllll goes well for you the rest of this week!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

that is great.. how long did it take for the AP..I just mailed one this weekend.. I didnot expect that i would need one for my wife, but her son's case came faster then I expected.

Yogi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats Liz & Abdel! That's wonderful news... sorry abt the flat tire, but as someone said, at least you had your silver lining from the clouds! ROCK ON!

:thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.