Pinocchio Liberal

Obama: "We can't...eat as much as we want"

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't think Obama is saying he wants to regulate how much we eat and what we drive etc..

he is just saying that we can't do all that and expect other countries to just sit back and not complain....

or am I reading it wrong? :unsure:

Sure he does - he wants to outlaw restaurants offering all you can eat soup and salad options. And steaks cannot exceed 9oz by law ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I say get some new oil wells going, while simultaneously look for other oppurtunities. A few refineries would help in the short run. All the while the blood of starvation lays at the hands of the big green monster.

New refineries aren't going to solve the problem.

It's the devalued dollar that's driving everything south. And why is the dollar doing so poorly?

Iraq.

Opec and everybody else with any reserves at all are selling to the highest bidder. All currencies are better right now than the dollar, so who do you think those barrels are going to? Not the US. The demand for oil in other countries is driving up the cost of crude everyday.

Corn, rice and other commodities are going to the highest bidder also. More people in formerly developing countries with currencies faring better than ours want to eat better now. And their money is worth more than ours.

The former 'breadbasket of the world' has devalued the farmer. Where we could once feed ourselves, now we cannot.

Our President sought the approval of his Republican Congress to go into Afghanistan and then abused that authority by entering into a police action in Iraq. The dollar sank and continues to sink.

American families are facing the toughest daily pocketbook crisis that I have seen in my adult life. And Big Oil ratchets up the price at the pumps daily on the same gasoline that was in the tanks that morning, all unregulated and unmonitored by the Fat Oil Cats on the Hill and in the White House. American families are paying the price daily for the current Futures commodities game that Texas Oil is playing with already processed, refined, delivered and paid-for gasoline.

And that's not kool-aid or 'Barry' spin for you, Marc. That's feckin' economics.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I remember in Cambodia, it's a struggle to find food. But, in America, we're complaining how high prices are for food.

Over in Cambodia, well, food sometimes ain't a luxury like we have in America.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

I remember in Cambodia, it's a struggle to find food. But, in America, we're complaining how high prices are for food.

Over in Cambodia, well, food sometimes ain't a luxury like we have in America.

Thank the crappy government in Cambodia. Plenty of food over in Thailand though.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I think you are reading it correctly.

People are just flipping out because they think that Obama's gonna come and rip their filet mignon out of their mouth and slash the tires on their hummer. :wacko:

Is the latter really such a crime? :innocent:

To be honest though, I haven´t seen a Hummer 2 in awhile. Their owners maybe got their heads out of their asses for owning such a completely pointless monstrosity and got rid of it.

I was watching an interesting program the other day, and they were speaking about how all the US companies care to do is only meet the demand of people in the US, no matter how far, or how much.

I do feel that part of being in the US is to enjoy and live life to the fullest, but that does not mean to be wasteful. and I am not saying that the govt. should ration our consumption (people would go crazy) But maybe if leaders (as Obama) raise the issue, more and more people would pay more attention to their consumption. Because while in the US we have the freedom to use our day to day amenities as often as we like, we also have the freedom to pay a little more attention to how often we use these things.

I feel that most people are decent people, but are just ill informed. That is why iam glad obama said what he said.

Unfortunately, unbelieveably, most people are uninformed because they don't want to be informed.

Literally, I have had too many people tell me that they just don't want to be bothered with facts.

Jerry springer et al is their world. RNC and DNC are their mouthpieces.

We americans are pretty sad some times...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
I was watching an interesting program the other day, and they were speaking about how all the US companies care to do is only meet the demand of people in the US, no matter how far, or how much.

I do feel that part of being in the US is to enjoy and live life to the fullest, but that does not mean to be wasteful. and I am not saying that the govt. should ration our consumption (people would go crazy) But maybe if leaders (as Obama) raise the issue, more and more people would pay more attention to their consumption. Because while in the US we have the freedom to use our day to day amenities as often as we like, we also have the freedom to pay a little more attention to how often we use these things.

I feel that most people are decent people, but are just ill informed. That is why iam glad obama said what he said.

Unfortunately, unbelieveably, most people are uninformed because they don't want to be informed.

Literally, I have had too many people tell me that they just don't want to be bothered with facts.

No wonder why people are fat. And, they complain that they're fat. ROFL.

"I'm too fat to do anything." "I want to fit in that bathing suit, but, I'm fat." "My butt is the size of a hippo, I really want that thong."

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

People are just flipping out because they think that Obama's gonna come and rip their filet mignon out of their mouth and slash the tires on their hummer. :wacko:

To be honest though, I haven´t seen a Hummer 2 in awhile. Their owners maybe got their heads out of their asses for owning such a completely pointless monstrosity and got rid of it.

I see plenty of Hummer's here on a daily basis. Apparently here in the D there must a lubrication shortage.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In fact I think the RNC and DNC rely on people not being ignorant - if they didn't, those guys wouldn't be able to get away with half the stuff they do.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I see plenty of Hummer's here on a daily basis. Apparently here in the D there must a lubrication shortage.

:lol:

Indianapolis is a huge city with little public transport. It takes forever to get anywhere, all sprawled out. I am supposing the gas prices sniped those off first, though I do not live in the Ta Ta part of town, so maybe they are all hiding out there. I just know they seemed to disappear from around where I frequent.

Edited by Wacken

I say get some new oil wells going, while simultaneously look for other oppurtunities. A few refineries would help in the short run. All the while the blood of starvation lays at the hands of the big green monster.

It's the devalued dollar that's driving everything south. And why is the dollar doing so poorly?

Iraq.

Opec and everybody else with any reserves at all are selling to the highest bidder. All currencies are better right now than the dollar, so who do you think those barrels are going to? Not the US. The demand for oil in other countries is driving up the cost of crude everyday.

Corn, rice and other commodities are going to the highest bidder also. More people in formerly developing countries with currencies faring better than ours want to eat better now. And their money is worth more than ours.

The former 'breadbasket of the world' has devalued the farmer. Where we could once feed ourselves, now we cannot.

Our President sought the approval of his Republican Congress to go into Afghanistan and then abused that authority by entering into a police action in Iraq. The dollar sank and continues to sink.

American families are facing the toughest daily pocketbook crisis that I have seen in my adult life. And Big Oil ratchets up the price at the pumps daily on the same gasoline that was in the tanks that morning, all unregulated and unmonitored by the Fat Oil Cats on the Hill and in the White House. American families are paying the price daily for the current Futures commodities game that Texas Oil is playing with already processed, refined, delivered and paid-for gasoline.

And that's not kool-aid or 'Barry' spin for you, Marc. That's feckin' economics.

Now theres a fine piece of babling. For one "big oil"has nothing to do with the price of gas! oil futures are traded just like any other commodity. the speculators set the prices sheesh. Enviromentalists are the cause, so go kiss a caribou and be proud we are taking care of the planet. Meanwhile every other country in the world are punchin holes in the ground like theres no tomorrow. Who's the fool?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Timeline

Iraq.

Now theres a fine piece of babling. For one "big oil"has nothing to do with the price of gas! oil futures are traded just like any other commodity. the speculators set the prices sheesh. Enviromentalists are the cause, so go kiss a caribou and be proud we are taking care of the planet. Meanwhile every other country in the world are punchin holes in the ground like theres no tomorrow. Who's the fool?

I'm so sorry my babbling went over your head.

As expected.

They're buying American - that's what matters in the D. Go Wings!

90day.jpg

Iraq.

I'm so sorry my babbling went over your head.

As expected.

Babbling can only be comprehended by another babbler. :P

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow