GaryC

49% Say Victory in Iraq Likely if McCain Elected

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"# 2 sending ops forces into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists is not an invasion. He has not once favored invading Pakistan but has made clear on several occasions that he'd send special ops forces in for surgical details against Osama & Co."

"The article did not mention invading Pakistan to get bin Laden, instead it talks about hunting down terrorists in Pakistan. This is an important distinction because stating so assumes bin laden is in Pakistan (he may or may not be) and that the Pakistan government almost certainly knows of his presence and is do nothing about it."

If you folks are Obama supporters I'm getting even more worried.

-You don't do Special Ops in "allied" countries.

-Pakistan has lost a lot of troops fighting Taliban/AlQaeda inside Pakistan. The Green Berets/Delta Force aren't to just walk past the enemy.

-Violating the terrority of a shaky government like Musharraf is a bad idea. Think, radical Islamic types seize power with nukes in their hands.

-Bhutto assasinated so democracy even less of a possibility.

It really doesn't matter what Obama says or does because Bush is unpopular and will be gone. McCain is an old moderate who will generate as much excitement as Dole did in 1996. Obama will be the perfect guy to lead to the country into what could become a worse situation. Little experience, few questions on issues, almost no opposition left, followers blindly believe in "hope and change". . . it will take a long time before anybody could challenge the guy and it won't be the majority of media or Congress that's for sure. Anyone who criticizes the man will be branded as a racist , Islamophobe (he's not a Muslim but who cares, Wright?, I mean right?) that is if you allowed to speak out after the Fairness Doctrine comes back.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And Bin Laden is most likely in Pakistan, not in Iraq.

This is probably true, but it's better to be certain and have a multinational front when talking about crossing country lines to capture terrorists. The problem could be finding other countries who would want to side with us after our recent past. Even before Iraq was invaded, there were pictures and intelligence "proving" beyond a resonable doubt that Iraq was developing WMDs. There are no pictures I am aware of that show bin Laden in Pakistan, even if he most likely is there.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Didn't we win already 5 years ago? Victory can mean many things when you havent really defined the objectives.

You know the objectives. They are the same as they have been for 5 years. A stable democracy with a government that can protect itself from the outside forces that seek to take it over. But you don't care about that, you only want a political issue to hammer Bush with right?

I believe the issue is that the steps to achieve that goal have not been articulated to the public such that they can buy into what we are trying to achieve, which is why people against the war slam Bush as the Commander and Chief. The surge has granted Gen. P. the ability to meet some of the objectives set by the surge. However, the administration has failed to sell the rational behind continueing this campaign to the American people, which is another knock at Bush's legacy as president and directly related to his very low approval rating.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Timeline
Even before Iraq was invaded, there were pictures and intelligence "proving" beyond a resonable doubt that Iraq was developing WMDs.

Come again? I seem to remember that there was much doubt about this claim. So much doubt, in fact, that the vast majority of the international community did not jump on Bush's fear train.

Timeline
Even before Iraq was invaded, there were pictures and intelligence "proving" beyond a resonable doubt that Iraq was developing WMDs.

Come again? I seem to remember that there was much doubt about this claim. So much doubt, in fact, that the vast majority of the international community did not jump on Bush's fear train.

Mr. Dog, you are right. I was being sarcastic...

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
"# 2 sending ops forces into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists is not an invasion. He has not once favored invading Pakistan but has made clear on several occasions that he'd send special ops forces in for surgical details against Osama & Co."

"The article did not mention invading Pakistan to get bin Laden, instead it talks about hunting down terrorists in Pakistan. This is an important distinction because stating so assumes bin laden is in Pakistan (he may or may not be) and that the Pakistan government almost certainly knows of his presence and is do nothing about it."

If you folks are Obama supporters I'm getting even more worried.

-You don't do Special Ops in "allied" countries.

-Pakistan has lost a lot of troops fighting Taliban/AlQaeda inside Pakistan. The Green Berets/Delta Force aren't to just walk past the enemy.

-Violating the terrority of a shaky government like Musharraf is a bad idea. Think, radical Islamic types seize power with nukes in their hands.

-Bhutto assasinated so democracy even less of a possibility.

It really doesn't matter what Obama says or does because Bush is unpopular and will be gone. McCain is an old moderate who will generate as much excitement as Dole did in 1996. Obama will be the perfect guy to lead to the country into what could become a worse situation. Little experience, few questions on issues, almost no opposition left, followers blindly believe in "hope and change". . . it will take a long time before anybody could challenge the guy and it won't be the majority of media or Congress that's for sure. Anyone who criticizes the man will be branded as a racist , Islamophobe (he's not a Muslim but who cares, Wright?, I mean right?) that is if you allowed to speak out after the Fairness Doctrine comes back.

To use Bush's concepts-

Allied countries don't harbor known enemies. If sufficient Intel states that OBL is in Pakistan in one given location, then the case is presented in a writ of permission to enter Pakistan on an Ops level. If that is a problem, then Pakistan is no longer in alignment to Bush's statements or logic.

The rest of it is your opinion over who's better equipped to act as a diplomat instead of a cowboy.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
And Bin Laden is most likely in Pakistan, not in Iraq.

This is probably true, but it's better to be certain and have a multinational front when talking about crossing country lines to capture terrorists. The problem could be finding other countries who would want to side with us after our recent past. Even before Iraq was invaded, there were pictures and intelligence "proving" beyond a resonable doubt that Iraq was developing WMDs. There are no pictures I am aware of that show bin Laden in Pakistan, even if he most likely is there.

I agree 100% with this statement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i don't remember any pictures proving "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Hussein had stockpiled or was producing WMD.

regardless of their "qualifications" and accomplishments (or lack thereof), the next Commander in Chief is going to inherit a hell of a mess. even if there were a super-qualified-save-us-all candidate, his/her first term is going to be total hell, yielding much fewer successes than i think we are all hopeful for. i'm hopeful for the best, but at the same time, i'm bracing myself for another couple of hard years.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
i don't remember any pictures proving "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Hussein had stockpiled or was producing WMD.

regardless of their "qualifications" and accomplishments (or lack thereof), the next Commander in Chief is going to inherit a hell of a mess. even if there were a super-qualified-save-us-all candidate, his/her first term is going to be total hell, yielding much fewer successes than i think we are all hopeful for. i'm hopeful for the best, but at the same time, i'm bracing myself for another couple of hard years.

I was referring to the pictures AND intelligence that according to Cheney on August 26, 2002 "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us. And there is no doubt that his aggressive regional ambitions will lead him into future confrontations with his neighbors -- confrontations that will involve both the weapons he has today, and the ones he will continue to develop with his oil wealth."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...8/20020826.html

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It is not possible to win a war, which is not on your own territory. Even if you occupy other people's land, it will always come back to bite you some years later. So, US can not win the war in Iraq.

And... Whatever mistakes Obama makes, you think he can make MORE mistakes than Bush? I doubt :no:

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"To use Bush's concepts-

Allied countries don't harbor known enemies. If sufficient Intel states that OBL is in Pakistan in one given location, then the case is presented in a writ of permission to enter Pakistan on an Ops level. If that is a problem, then Pakistan is no longer in alignment to Bush's statements or logic.

The rest of it is your opinion over who's better equipped to act as a diplomat instead of a cowboy."

Don't use Bush's "concepts" try using what Bush has done of not done. Ok, so if Pakistan is "harboring" Bin Laden, Pres. Obama will ask permisson first then we'll send in Delta Force? Don't forget to add that Pakistani intelligence has leakers who sympathize with Bin Laden so there's no surprise. Odd, how now all liberals believe if just get Bin Laden, the war is over or maybe we'll just savor the revenge. That's a policy for 2001 or 2002. Somebody better tell Barack ihe needs a plan for 2009.

Obama is neither a diplomat (maybe a doormat but that remains to be seen) nor is he a cowboy. He could send Michelle, she's 6'1" and could probably be tougher than Barack.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
it has been an unjust war, waged on false pretenses and lies from the very beginning. the whole world recognized it as such, except for a misled and deceived majority of the American public.

what would it even mean to "win" this war? at what cost? $12 billion a month is crippling our economy, while oil prices surge, and at home and abroad people are losing (or have already) lost confidence in the US as a stable, wealthy superpower. not to mention the fact that American young men and women are dying over there, and really for what? because they were lied to? because they thought they were doing the right thing when they enlisted? how many of them have come home hurt and disillusioned with our government and our practices?

i just don't even know what "win" means...

:thumbs:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

this poll shows nothing but that the pollsters are ####### stirrers. victory in Iraq would have been finding WMD's.

Also you guys crack me up. I don't know why you bother. Same old arguments. No one listens to each other, no one conceeds any points or comes away any more enlightened or open minded, becasue you guys are too busy trying to one up each other.

Edited by Poiteen

The UK Wiki

Timeline
"To use Bush's concepts-

The rest of it is your opinion over who's better equipped to act as a diplomat instead of a cowboy."

Don't use Bush's "concepts" try using what Bush has done of not done. Ok, so if Pakistan is "harboring" Bin Laden, Pres. Obama will ask permisson first then we'll send in Delta Force? Don't forget to add that Pakistani intelligence has leakers who sympathize with Bin Laden so there's no surprise. Odd, how now all liberals believe if just get Bin Laden, the war is over or maybe we'll just savor the revenge. That's a policy for 2001 or 2002. Somebody better tell Barack ihe needs a plan for 2009.

Obama is neither a diplomat (maybe a doormat but that remains to be seen) nor is he a cowboy. He could send Michelle, she's 6'1" and could probably be tougher than Barack.

Well why did we invade Iraq then? It certainly wasn't to spread democracy... :lol:

And, I use what logic I use without your approval. I think it pretty logical to assume anyone interested in public office has some kind of plan to deal with actual scenarios... not invading nations that have nothing to do with the supposed reasons to have had a war in the first place.