GaryC

49% Say Victory in Iraq Likely if McCain Elected

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Anyone in uniform when Clinton promised a one year mission for American troops in Bosnia in 1995? Thirteen years we're later they're still there.

yup, i remember when that was starting up, i was in turkey in '96 on opc.

-10,000 people died of a tornado in Kansas and Bush did nothing.

when was this? i don't recall hearing about 10k people dying in kansas and i live here.

d'oh....I think this person is on your side...read a little more carefully... Obama gaffed.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Anyone in uniform when Clinton promised a one year mission for American troops in Bosnia in 1995? Thirteen years we're later they're still there.

when was this? i don't recall hearing about 10k people dying in kansas and i live here.

d'oh....I think this person is on your side...read a little more carefully... Obama gaffed.

i'm sure it's about the greensburg tornado, but nowhere near that number died. :blink: heck i thought i'd missed an important event around here....thousands dying and it wasn't even on the news!

The May 2007 Tornado Outbreak was an extended tornado outbreak that started on May 4, 2007, affecting portions of the Central United States. The most destructive tornado in the outbreak occurred on the evening of May 4 in central Kansas, where about 95% of the city of Greensburg in Kiowa County was destroyed by an EF5 tornado.[2][3]The supercell killed at least 13 people including 11 in Greensburg and two in Pratt County by a separate tornado.[4][5][6][7] At least 60 people were injured in Greensburg alone. It was the strongest tornado of an outbreak which included several other tornadoes reported across Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas and South Dakota that occurred on the same night.[8] 25 tornadoes were confirmed that night.

The outbreak did not end there; a total of 84 tornadoes were confirmed reported on May 5 in the same area. Most were in open country but one fatality was reported in Ottawa County, Kansas near a county lake. Fourteen more tornadoes were confirmed on May 6 in the same general area before the activity subsided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2007_Tornado_Outbreak

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Now, we have other interesting statements from Senator Obama:

-Invade Pakistan to get Bin Laden

-Meet the Iranian president without preconditions.

The last one is somewhat off-topic but it was funny because the Obama worshippers clapped and yelled because they were equally clueless.

Source?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"We are in Bosnia now in the same capacity we were back in 1995? Must be news to all of us here."

I stand corrected. Apparently, nobody knows that U.S. finished its military presence in Bosnia in 2004. That's odd because I was in Hungary (Tazar) in 1997 during Bosnian conflict but I never heard anything in the news about how the EU took over the role.

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section...mp;archive=true

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

i'm sure it's about the greensburg tornado, but nowhere near that number died. :blink: heck i thought i'd missed an important event around here....thousands dying and it wasn't even on the news!

:secret: umm, yes Charles, it's about the recent tornado...we all know it wasn't 10,000...just alienlovechild trying to make some point about Obama... *yawn*

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

The last one is somewhat off-topic but it was funny because the Obama worshippers clapped and yelled because they were equally clueless.

Source?

Obama Overstates Kansas Tornado Deaths

May 8 11:30 PM US/Eastern

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying 10,000 had died.

The death toll was 12.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

Obama says he might send troops to Pakistan

Democratic hopeful said Musharraf should do more about terrorists

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Wednesday that he would possibly send troops into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists, an attempt to show strength when his chief rival has described his foreign policy skills as naive.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20070536/

Edited by GaryC

Source?

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying 10,000 had died.

The death toll was 12.

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Wednesday that he would possibly send troops into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists, an attempt to show strength when his chief rival has described his foreign policy skills as naive.

# 1 to me looks like a slip if this only happened once - it happens to everyone on the campaign trail.

# 2 sending ops forces into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists is not an invasion. He has not once favored invading Pakistan but has made clear on several occasions that he'd send special ops forces in for surgical details against Osama & Co.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Victory in Iraq will be achieved when a shiite dominated do-nothing government is elected, while a sunni insurgency terrorizes the population with gunfights and suicide bombings while the price of oil goes through the roof and the United States' international standing goes into the shiatter.

Mission Accomplished! I mean, Victory!

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Source?

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

The death toll was 12.

# 1 to me looks like a slip if this only happened once - it happens to everyone on the campaign trail.

# 2 sending ops forces into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists is not an invasion. He has not once favored invading Pakistan but has made clear on several occasions that he'd send special ops forces in for surgical details against Osama & Co.

#1 was a gaff, the same thing McCain has gotten hammered on. He needs to wear that egg the same as anyone else.

#2 Do you think Pakistan will see it that way? Whether it's 10 solders or 10,000 they would still raise hell. If McCain said this you would be hammering him on it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
:rofl:

Most definitely... we reap what we sow. In this case, some of us are gullible enough to believe what we're told to believe, even if it contradicts what is plainly in front of everyone.

Like the fact that we are getting colder?

If you want to believe that in the way you want to believe it, its your right to do so.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Source?

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

The death toll was 12.

#1 was a gaff, the same thing McCain has gotten hammered on. He needs to wear that egg the same as anyone else.

#2 Do you think Pakistan will see it that way? Whether it's 10 solders or 10,000 they would still raise hell. If McCain said this you would be hammering him on it.

So hammer on the gaffe. It's nothing.

For special ops: those take place all the time. You know that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Source?

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

The death toll was 12.

The article did not mention invading Pakistan to get bin Laden, instead it talks about hunting down terrorists in Pakistan. This is an important distinction because stating so assumes bin laden is in Pakistan (he may or may not be) and that the Pakistan government almost certainly knows of his presence and is do nothing about it.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Anyone in uniform when Clinton promised a one year mission for American troops in Bosnia in 1995? Thirteen years we're later they're still there. Clinton said something like mission accomplished because he changed the mission name for next year so it wasn't the same mission, clever.

Since it seems that it needs to be pointed out to you:

On December 2, 2004, the nine-year NATO-led Stabilization Force (SFOR) mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina concluded successfully. NATO’s intervention in the Bosnia conflict--using force for the first time in Alliance history--led to the Dayton Accords and put an end to a costly and destructive conflict in the heart of Europe.

In the nine years that followed the intervention, over 500,000 servicemen and women from 43 nations and every continent, including 90,000 Americans, served in Bosnia and Herzegovina without losing a single soldier to hostile action.

http://www.state.gov/p/eur/rls/fs/39436.htm

Timeline
"We are in Bosnia now in the same capacity we were back in 1995? Must be news to all of us here."

I stand corrected. Apparently, nobody knows that U.S. finished its military presence in Bosnia in 2004. That's odd because I was in Hungary (Tazar) in 1997 during Bosnian conflict but I never heard anything in the news about how the EU took over the role.

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section...mp;archive=true

Thanks. I was driving more at the obvious: our involvement in Bosnia wasn't an overwhelmingly bipolar (dominated by) US Effort. It was multinational in the true sense- not a coalition of those that "weren't against us" :lol:.

And in time, that involvement decreased to be pretty much handled by our multinational allies, right? Sure, we are there... but not as an occupier.

Timeline

Source?

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

The death toll was 12.

Exactly. Its called taking care of business without dragging an entire nation into a mess. Its called utilizing our Intel appropriately, not utilizing our Intel for what he wants to justify.

Source?

By BOB LEWIS

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -

The death toll was 12.

So hammer on the gaffe. It's nothing.

For special ops: those take place all the time. You know that.

And Bin Laden is most likely in Pakistan, not in Iraq.