VisaJourneyLady

Yes!! It's another shipping thread

170 posts in this topic

Rachel - I'm using banana boxes to store things I want to keep in while I clear out the other stuff I don't want. Once I have sold/disposed of the stuff I don't want, I am going to go through those boxes again for one last blitz/clearout then I am going to move them down to the garage and call people out for quotes - they will prolly re-pack everything but it will all be contained for them to give me a more accurate estimate :)

At least that is how I have it all working in my mind :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Rachel - no more updates from me now, I'll have to let Jeraly take over.

Well, I'll come back and give a review of their services when all my stuff gets there, but that seems like a lifetime away.

Aly - I'm having my boxes dropped around tomorrow, because i'm off work, and it's easiest. I've told them that I won't be moving for 2 months, and it's fine. So I don't have to pack and then re-pack all over again.

The UK Wiki

Oh cool! I know some places pack themselves though - am sure that would be kinda easier but who knows... it's all just up in the air still! Daisy is still causing me hassle though!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

For Irish people, (sorry if its already mentioned)

Could check out Book Post from An Post

Only works for books but worked for me on a couple of my other moves

And already have a few boxes to send out for this one

Dunno how it compares to the other companies ...

An Post - Book Post

Edited by Slightly Bonkers

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Another shipping thread? But I'm still trying to determine whether or not there is an official February filers thread! :devil:

Please Julez, don't get me started. It's that kind of day! :P

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
For Irish people, (sorry if its already mentioned)

Could check out Book Post from An Post

Only works for books but worked for me on a couple of my other moves

And already have a few boxes to send out for this one

Dunno how it compares to the other companies ...

An Post - Book Post

oh cool! I'm going home on saturday, and I was going to lug some stuff back here first, and then ship it, but maybe i'll send it directly to my MIL's house

Another shipping thread? But I'm still trying to determine whether or not there is an official February filers thread! :devil:

Please Julez, don't get me started. It's that kind of day! :P

wait, is there a feburary filers thread? since you're confused too Julez, maybe I'll start a thread to see if there's a thread asking if there's a february filers thread, mmm k? :lol::P

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Noticed a deal on All Freights website, £250 for 8 teacrates Door to port in LA. I sincerely doubt I'd get a better deal elsewhere. That's it, I'm sick of shipping companies. Going with them.

They've let me switch 2 of the boxes for book boxes too. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Out of curiosity what charges are you going to incur at the LA end?

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Rachel - I'm using banana boxes to store things I want to keep in while I clear out the other stuff I don't want. Once I have sold/disposed of the stuff I don't want, I am going to go through those boxes again for one last blitz/clearout then I am going to move them down to the garage and call people out for quotes - they will prolly re-pack everything but it will all be contained for them to give me a more accurate estimate :)

At least that is how I have it all working in my mind :lol:

That's an excellent suggestion, thanks!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
hey lansbury, they said that the port handling fees and customs charges should be between £30-£50. Still a good deal by my calculations!

Yes indeed. I didn't have any idea what the landing fees might have been but certainly that way of doing it seems very worth while to anyone like yourself who is able to collect their stuff from the shippers.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

I've been looking at various shipping options and whilst the fees themselves are not huge insurance can almost double the cost in some instances

I have about 600+ DVDs to ship as well as a lot of IT equipment meaning I need about £10000 coverage, will cost me over 500 quid with most the shippers (ouch)

got a good mind to buy some Peli cases and pay for some extra baggage with BA

as I am looking to fly Club world I get 3 bags to begin with, and extra bags are only £60 when booked online, at 32KG each thats a fair percentage of my bulky stuff I can ship (IT books, monitors in peli cases, A/V gear in peli cases etc) and with my REI XXL Duffels I can get a few pelis per bag :)

Thats the option I am looking at at present, and then just ship the stuff that really wont fit anywhere else (although the value will of dropped significantly if I can get my monitors and AV gear in my bags

Is insurance not included in the shipping price then? I assumed it would be - I will have to make sure I ask ><

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Yeah - mine isn't of any real high commercial value :)

Also - trying to get this thread stickied but can only have four sticky threads in one forum - any ideas on which one to change? Or leave this one unsticky? What do you think?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.