Dr. A ♥ O

Bush criticizes Arab nations for repression

109 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Do you really think we don't know where BinLanden is? Now that is too damn funny. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Please we know where he is, we just don't give a damn, and now we are up to our necks in blood over Iraq.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Do you really think we don't know where BinLanden is? Now that is too damn funny. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Please we know where he is, we just don't give a damn, and now we are up to our necks in blood over Iraq.

:rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

What I was saying though, there is a growing population of young crowds in the Middle east who (probably a minority I'm speaking of) they want to westernize their countries. To give more freedom to people it can actually hurt a country if you think about it out of context. That could be a big problem in the Middle East region because what religion is followed by majority over there - Islam .

What problems are we facing today - terrorists i.e. Bin Laden sending a video to Bush- If your country embraces Islam we will embrace USA if not we will continue to kill all of you. What are Terrorists aim? to destroy anything Western or "haraam" as they keep in mentality. They are not for anything American, European, Canadian, etc..

I'm confused here. You don't want the young middle easterners to be able to have a vote because they'll westernize the middle east but at the same time you say that freedom will be a problem because they are all muslim. Then you say that terrorists aim to destroy all things western.

So......following that does that mean you agree with the terrorists since you don't want the younger middle easterners to be able to vote and westernize the middle east? And if you think Islam is such a problem why did you marry a muslim?

:wacko:

That was a totally misunderstanding on your part. I'm not speaking in a rude manner just honest cause that's not what I said at all. I'm not gonna get into that. The more you explain on the MENA boards the more chaotic it gets.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

I did post a reply but I guess my computer didn't process it through or what not.

Well actually that quote about America admiring the Middle Easts challenges that was Bush's quote not mine! Probably some confusion - it wasn't my words.

I wouldn't have ever used the word "admire." "Appreciate"? Sure.

I didn't disagree with you at all actually.

I didn't think you did. :thumbs:

America back in the days wow...I would've loved it the way the older generation explains memories to me. That was American brotherhood right there compared to these days.

Let me share an old-timer memory with you, if you don't mind.

I graduated from high school 28 years ago. After graduation, I tried college, but my choices (at the time, as I saw them) were limited to teaching, nursing, or being a secretary. Now, know that we had just come out of the Civil Rights movement (my family fled the rioting in Detroit), as well as the Women's Liberation Movement, and the Iranian Hostage Crisis. I was full of hope for my own female future, however the educational opportunites weren't there. Sure, I could have been a teacher, answering to a male principal, or a nurse, answering to a male doctor, or a secretary, answering to a male executive, but, because I paid attention to the world around me, I just didn't want to doooooooo any of that.

So I muddled through with chump jobs and actually fashioned a decent living for myself. However, what was missing was the college degree I always knew I wanted. So, I took two teenagers along with me to university. While I was there, I was in classroom after classroom with brilliant and ambitious young women. Those same young women never - never, never! - knew a life where there wasn't a possibility they could be anything or anybody they wanted to be. Their future was in their own hands, not in someone else's. THAT was when I truly understood and appreciated those who had struggled before me because I wasn't seeing "hope" for a future in these young ladies as it wasn't about hope at all, it was about equality and opportunity being a fact of life. And this is my hope - my dream - for women everywhere. It's because of my own hopes and dreams for my sisters that I decided to become an educator.

Again, if you don't mind, there was another transformation that came out of the Women's Liberation Movement, that being MEN demanding equal rights. Yes, in the female dominated professions (teachers, nurses, and secretaries), men decided if women could do it, they should be able to do it, too. The end result was men working alongside women and demanding changes (wages, working conditions, RESPECT) within those professions and those changes did come to fruition.

What I was saying though, there is a growing population of young crowds in the Middle east who (probably a minority I'm speaking of) they want to westernize their countries. To give more freedom to people it can actually hurt a country if you think about it out of context. That could be a big problem in the Middle East region because what religion is followed by majority over there - Islam .

What problems are we facing today - terrorists i.e. Bin Laden sending a video to Bush- If your country embraces Islam we will embrace USA if not we will continue to kill all of you. What are Terrorists aim? to destroy anything Western or "haraam" as they keep in mentality. They are not for anything American, European, Canadian, etc..

I understand what you're saying, however, I have to take this discussion back to the point that we Americans have faced, fought, and overcome that same struggle internally. One of the most valuable lessons I took with me from university is the knowledge that what they teach in high school text books is not necessarily what really happened. By that I mean we were taught the Puritans fled England because they wanted religious freedom and, in a high school student's mind, that means the freedom of religion (and from religion) that we enjoy today. But that's not what happened. Instead, Puritans fled England because religion wasn't strict/conservative enough for their tastes. It is because of that desire for pure (think "Puritans") Biblical life our nation saw atrocities such as the Salem Witch Trials, censorship, the subjugation of women and children, etc. Puritan Settlers were no different than today's Radical Islam - they both wanted and want the exact same thing: living strictly by a Book in a, yes, male-dominated society.

Thankfully there were a few who were willing to travel abroad and have open dialog during the Enlightenment. Had that not happened, I believe, we would be wearing long black dresses with white collars and bonnets to this very day.

I believe that's what happening in the middle east. The advent of the internet made the world smaller and one no longer has to take an ocean journey (for months) to interact with another. I honestly believe the middle east is very much on the verge of experiencing its own Revolution.

American culture it's more free - freedom of speech, women working in businesses being head CEO's there's no limit for women in USA, Homosexual Rights to marry in certain parts (you have em everywhere but it's not legal in Arab countries), etc..

I don't know that it's necessarily more freedom as much as it the acquisition of the ability to choose. That's what's missing in those hard core Islamic nations - choices.

You're response was extremely inspiring. I'm thinking right on the dot with you. We can only hope/pray for the Middle East :help: They'd understand America wasn't bad or against them, we're just all trying to find a solution to benefit everyone. I admit we do have a barrier of Americans and Arabs who are discriminating towards each other. That's why this whole thing is carrying on.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm confused here. You don't want the young middle easterners to be able to have a vote because they'll westernize the middle east but at the same time you say that freedom will be a problem because they are all muslim. Then you say that terrorists aim to destroy all things western.

So......following that does that mean you agree with the terrorists since you don't want the younger middle easterners to be able to vote and westernize the middle east? And if you think Islam is such a problem why did you marry a muslim?

:wacko:

That was a totally misunderstanding on your part. I'm not speaking in a rude manner just honest cause that's not what I said at all. I'm not gonna get into that. The more you explain on the MENA boards the more chaotic it gets.

So.....you DO want the younger middle easterners who want to westernize the middle east to be able to vote?

If you don't want to clarify your position why enter into the discussion? That's very confusing.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

i'm guessing it's not a matter of wanting to or not on her part bridget, but rather dictated by a complete inability to express a coherent thought or opinion on the matter.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Timeline

Hey Ganja , check this out. I never heard about this story coming out of IRAQ

KBR... outsourcing.. IRAQ FOR SALE>>> HALIBURTON <>>> ####### CHENEY DUH

HALIBURTON CHARGES 100 dollar a bag of laundry to wash clothes for the soldiers and refuses to let the soldiers wash their own clothes

www.iraqforsale.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i'm guessing it's not a matter of wanting to or not on her part bridget, but rather dictated by a complete inability to express a coherent thought or opinion on the matter.

:bonk: that's not very nice.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Like for sure Charles... What Charles? I don't get it..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The person who I was talking to understood me so what else is there to explain? :rolleyes:

sorry I didn't realize this thread was dedicated to one person.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Olivia I just realised that your video is in your signature and not your post.. I was like why does she keep reposting the same damn video over and over again and its your siggy LOL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Anytime you have a group that thinks they have the pipeline into God, than you lose all hope of ever resolving conflict. The greatest question of man is, if we got rid of religion, what would we worship next? What will cause separation of the human race, will it ever end? Tragically we most likely will destroy the human race over a God, and by the look of things he doesn’t seem to care much. It makes my heart sad to see all the life’s lost over religion. :crying:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Olivia I just realised that your video is in your signature and not your post.. I was like why does she keep reposting the same damn video over and over again and its your siggy LOL

Yeah I do that sometimes with your old photo and other ppls videos. :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.