Amby

What's your favorite vacation spot?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
the Oregon Coast... love, love, love it!!

AnotherLighthousealongtheOregonCoas.jpg

of course the Oregon Coast is my favourite place I have been to so far... I really, really want to go to Italy...

Absolutely agreed!!!

Also on my list:

Nurnberg Germany

Aran Islands, Ireland

Santa Cruz Bolivia

Victoria BC

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uba Tuba,Brazil :dance::dance:

418120.jpg

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

St Anton, Austria. Excellent place to go if you love the clean air and sking. Went there years ago and would love to go back. I have been to a few places over the years but there takes some beating.

beach_1_001.jpg

I haven't been to places other than the Asia pacific region but we'll be going to Kauai island, Hawaii for some R&R this Sept.

My friend went to Turks & Caicos. From the pictures, it's really worth seeing.

Edited by krakatoa

Filed: Other Timeline
So far I really love Venice....I've lost count how many times I have been but I never ever get tired of it....I will miss our trips there when we move to the States but look forward to seeing new places :D

I lived there off and on for two years(93-95) but haven't been back for 10 years - really am hoping Govi and I can go back someday but with the dollar worth so little versus the Euro who knows - I was there when it was $1=1000 lire.... Still there is nothing in the world more romantic than walking at night through the campi and campielli on a moonlit summer night, stopping in the Piazza San Marco for a $5 coffee(probably it's $10 now), so quiet and peaceful when the day-trippers are gone and the motorboats have stopped running. I miss it...

ETA: How much are budget hotel rooms going for there these days???

We pay around 90 euros per night, which isnt bad at all and we have never had a bad stay, we dont stay in the real touristy places though and we have a good 2 days getting lost finding our way back to the guest house, but getting lost in Venice is great fun :lol: ....must have been great to have lived there, I would love to get the chance to experience "real" venetian living.

Wow, that's almost as much as rooms are going for in Manhattan now - things have changed... :( I remember there were a couple of nice modest hotels in the Cannaregio area where you could get a room for around $50 per night. Yes, getting lost in Venice is always fun and full of surprises - besides you always know you won't be lost for long until you see one of those yellow signs pointing you in the right direction. :D

I loved being able to experience all 4 seasons there - my favorite was late winter early spring when it would get foggy - nothing like an early morning walk in the foggy Piazza - there were actually mornings when I was practically the only person there - it was magical. (L)

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My Dad lives on the coast (Oregon) in Lincoln City.....I'm going out there this weekend, I'll think of you Marilyn!

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My Dad lives on the coast (Oregon) in Lincoln City.....I'm going out there this weekend, I'll think of you Marilyn!

aww lucky you....

i just love the Oregon coast.. not sure why... I think because the scenery is just breathtaking and I love all the lighthouses.. I think there are 7 or 8 down the Oregon Coast...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

New jersey..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
So far I really love Venice....I've lost count how many times I have been but I never ever get tired of it....I will miss our trips there when we move to the States but look forward to seeing new places :D

I lived there off and on for two years(93-95) but haven't been back for 10 years - really am hoping Govi and I can go back someday but with the dollar worth so little versus the Euro who knows - I was there when it was $1=1000 lire.... Still there is nothing in the world more romantic than walking at night through the campi and campielli on a moonlit summer night, stopping in the Piazza San Marco for a $5 coffee(probably it's $10 now), so quiet and peaceful when the day-trippers are gone and the motorboats have stopped running. I miss it...

ETA: How much are budget hotel rooms going for there these days???

We pay around 90 euros per night, which isnt bad at all and we have never had a bad stay, we dont stay in the real touristy places though and we have a good 2 days getting lost finding our way back to the guest house, but getting lost in Venice is great fun :lol: ....must have been great to have lived there, I would love to get the chance to experience "real" venetian living.

Wow, that's almost as much as rooms are going for in Manhattan now - things have changed... :( I remember there were a couple of nice modest hotels in the Cannaregio area where you could get a room for around $50 per night. Yes, getting lost in Venice is always fun and full of surprises - besides you always know you won't be lost for long until you see one of those yellow signs pointing you in the right direction. :D

I loved being able to experience all 4 seasons there - my favorite was late winter early spring when it would get foggy - nothing like an early morning walk in the foggy Piazza - there were actually mornings when I was practically the only person there - it was magical. (L)

You can still find places cheaper than that but most likely it is hostels where you share rooms/bathrooms. A lot depends on the time of the year too. BTW I just checked rooms in Manhattan not too long ago because we are taking my brother and his girlfriend over there next month when they come visit...rooms are a lot worse than 90 euro...reason why we are staying in Jersey on the other side of the river (100$ a night) :P

I do not have a fav spot...but I really want to go to New Zealand.

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

any beach with my husband :wub:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

so i can go buy the coconuts for you :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

so i can go buy the coconuts for you :P

why else do you think i'd need you there? :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline