eric_and_teresa

Visa Fraud- Using B-2 with intention to immigrate

249 posts in this topic

They will never be able to stop overstays of any type of visa until they have a method of tracking them down. I have read that people that have been detained and then released have been fitted with a tracking device. What would be wrong with putting a tracking device on everyone entering the US on a non immigrant visa? They already have approved making everyone "check out of the US" by collecting biometrics at exit so why not go one step further and do it right by being able to track someone when they don't exit before their I-94 expires? If they refuse to wear it then don't allow them to enter?

I think that would be pretty expensive!!! And a little bit dehumanizing, no? How would you feel if every time you went to Europe you had to wear an ankle bracelet? I guess it might solve the problem, but it might also harm our substantial tourist industry!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
They will never be able to stop overstays of any type of visa until they have a method of tracking them down. I have read that people that have been detained and then released have been fitted with a tracking device. What would be wrong with putting a tracking device on everyone entering the US on a non immigrant visa? They already have approved making everyone "check out of the US" by collecting biometrics at exit so why not go one step further and do it right by being able to track someone when they don't exit before their I-94 expires? If they refuse to wear it then don't allow them to enter?
eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

You're kidding right? You're not actually suggesting that all people wanting to visit US be treated as if what they were doing was a crime? I mean, why not lock them all up, just in case they decide to take the bracelet off or steal something? rolleyes.gif

What would be wrong in pissing all over their human rights and all those constitutions in the world that say a person isn't guilty until proven otherwise?! Here you're presuming all the tourists are guilty and basically saying: "Let's make sure we can track them down when they break the law (and they surely will)"!!!

I would never ever visit or want to live in a country where they would treat people as criminals simply for wishing to visit the country and spend some of their hard earned money there. My boyfriend could move to my country where people are still treated as humans regardless if they're citizens of the country or not. I honestly hope you realize how degrading and wrong your idea is.

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know what you mean. It is indeed very frustrating to have to go through all the pain and hassle of applying for K1 visa when everyone else is having it much easier via the B2. I have a B2 myself and I am very much afraid of risking it. I guess it really depends if one is willing to take the risk. For me, the bottom line is I want to be able to enter the US legally and be able to sleep soundly at night. It takes a lot of patience and I just am not willing to risk not being able to enter the US again ever and being with the man I love. If one thing is meant for you, Fate will find a way to give it to you... Keep the faith everyone!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
Just wanted to know your thoughts on couples using a tourist visa to get married in the U.S. and being able to apply for AOS, EVEN when they did have ALL the prior intention to use the tourist visa to immigrate to the U.S. permanently.

It just upsets me sooo much everytime I hear of someone else taking this "shortcut" and getting away with it! :angry: I just had a discussion with some guy in another forum on this subject and he was so cool about it, he said they'd rather take the risk of being accused of visa fraud, because "the K-1 route is too long and does not adjust to their plans", and he disagrees with the immigration laws! What the heck???!!!! :bonk:

Don't you all feel like everytime they let someone get away with this, it's like a slap on the faces of those of us who chose to do the righ the thing?

Would they ever change the regulations so it's not possible to apply for AOS if you got married on a B2? Or even if it remains possible why don't they put these couples to a stronger scrutinity? I've heard many people doing this, and not having ANY sort of problem during the interview! Some of us who chose the legal way, had a harder time on our interviews than they had!

It is just soooo upsetting! And so unfair! I come to VJ every day, and see so many couples dealing with all the pressures and stress of interviews at the Consulates, and hear their stories about the CO's putting people on reviews, or calling them for a second interview or even getting denied for stupid or not valid reasons, and on the other hand I see all these law breakers, using the B-2 route to immigrate and getting away with it, and it just irks me!!! :angry::angry::angry:

There will always be bad apples in the bunch who ruin a good thing for the honest decent folks who's "real" intent is to have a genuine

marriage. :huh:

Folks who are truly in love have to pay the price for the opportunists"Taking advantage of the system"...

I totally despise hoax sham marriages for the sole purpose of gaining a GC.Marriage is a serious commitment

and should never be taken lightly.Nor should real feelings,emotions.Having someone's heart played with like a tonka toy is just not kosher.

Sadly marriage fraud a.k.a marriage of convenience is growing rampant. *smh*

:ranting:

Edited by ~BahAmerican~

Our Inevitable Destiny Together (evolving)

BAH.GIF536389mts365i0j8.gifUS1.GIF

Two Hearts Beat As One

TIMELINE:

=>Hubby & I met online Aug 27th,2005.(An undeniable Love)

=>Proposed to me on Sept 14th, 2005.(Happy Moment)

=>Exchanged our wedding vows on Aug 9th, 2006.(Blessing)

=>I-102 form (replacement I-94) sent on Mar 18th, 2008.

=>I-102 form(Approval) on Mar 27th, 2008.

=>Immigration Medical taken on May 27th,2008.

=>Picked up Medical Results on May 30th,2008.

=>I-765,I-485,I-130 App Package Sent on June 23rd,2008.

=>I-765,I-485,I-130 App Package Received on June 24th,2008.

=>I-797C NOA Receipts on June 27th,2008.

=>Biometrics NOA on July 1st,2008.

=>Touched on July 2nd,2008.

=>Notification of I-485 RFE on July 22nd,2008.(gathering req doc's)

=>Biometrics Appt July 29th,2008.(Completed)

=>Touched on July 29th,2008.

=>RFE response sent on Oct 17th,2008. (took us a while, but we did it!)

=>RFE response received on Oct 20th,2008.

=>EAD Card (Approved) production ordered notice on Nov 25th,2008. (omg so excited)

=>AOS Interview notice on Dec 2nd,2008. (woohoo)

=>EAD Card arrived in the mail on Dec 8th,2008.

=>Awaiting the 3 year mark to Apply for U.S Citizenship.

=>Eligible to file for U.S Citizenship Dec 2011.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't be so sure they wont start using microchips some time in the future. There are people with certain jobs that already require implanted microchips.

They are already proposing microchipping everyone's ID in the US which includes GPS tracking.

It could possibly improve tourism because more people could be allowed to get visas if there was a way to track them.

Everyone conplaints about the government not enforcing the current immigration laws so why not give them a tool to be able to enforce it? The cost won't be any more expensive than everything else they are doing to try to enforce it currently.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Don't be so sure they wont start using microchips some time in the future. There are people with certain jobs that already require implanted microchips.

They are already proposing microchipping everyone's ID in the US which includes GPS tracking.

It could possibly improve tourism because more people could be allowed to get visas if there was a way to track them.

Everyone conplaints about the government not enforcing the current immigration laws so why not give them a tool to be able to enforce it? The cost won't be any more expensive than everything else they are doing to try to enforce it currently.

i dont know if i was told by another country that i had to get a micro chip to visit it i dont think i would do it.......first our government has too much information about us already that is private so to allow another country that kind of access im pretty sure it would not be something i would do

Timeline

i dont know if i was told by another country that i had to get a micro chip to visit it i dont think i would do it.......first our government has too much information about us already that is private so to allow another country that kind of access im pretty sure it would not be something i would do

If it was the only way to travel to other countries then what choice would anyone have? If you have a new cell phone then most likely you can be tracked by it. If you have onstar you can be tracked by your vehicle, if you buy anything with something other than cash you can be tracked by it. I think the American public would be willing to require all non immigrant visa holders to be tracked if it meant immigration laws could be enforced. It would also eliminate fake documents if they didn't match your microchip. It could solve the issues with false work documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
If it was the only way to travel to other countries then what choice would anyone have? If you have a new cell phone then most likely you can be tracked by it. If you have onstar you can be tracked by your vehicle, if you buy anything with something other than cash you can be tracked by it. I think the American public would be willing to require all non immigrant visa holders to be tracked if it meant immigration laws could be enforced. It would also eliminate fake documents if they didn't match your microchip. It could solve the issues with false work documents.

Do you have any idea how much something like that would cost, the constitutional challenges that would be mounted etc? Ever hear of something called "function creep"? What starts off as an aid to "effective management of immigration" could very easily be expanded to include credit reports, medical data etc etc. You're looking at the ultimate "Big Brother", uber-intrusive nanny-state. If you think that what you're describing would stop at non-immigrants, you're sadly mistaken.

You do not want something like that in operation. Ever. Because an organisation holding or with access to all of your data etc in the depth you're proposing could - if they chose - make you "cease to exist" in an instant. Think about how much control over yourself you're handing over - and to who? What does any organisation need that for? What are they proposing to do with that data?

If that were the deal for non-immigrants, M would move here. No question. Because it would mean America wasn't America anymore.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I read something about this "tracking" a few years ago...... We're advised to "microchip" our pets so that if they get lost, they can be reunited with us. I've also heard about microchips in kids' sneakers, again with the promise that your kid could be found if kidnapped. However, all these "wonderful achievements" are just test programs in which EVERYONE could be tracked. Can you imagine an entire generation of children who were microchipped at birth "for their own good"? I don't think it is our personal safety and peace of mind that is the driving force behind all of this microchipping :no:

Timeline

It will happen eventually i can promise you that. The real ID Act already is going to require biometrics on everyone. You will soon be required to give fingerprints for all USC to be able to drive. USCIS already requires this. This and all your information is being put into a database. Soon databases will be linked. You people don't think eventually future generations won't say ok? Most people are using debit cards instead of cash now and you don't think future generations aren't going to say "why should I have to carry a debit card when I can just scan my thumb print to pay?" They already have GPS in all new cell phones and you can track your children or spouse on the internet by them. We are slowly being pulled into acceptance.

as i said in my earlier post our government has way to much private information about us already......getting a chip no thanks........is too much big brother for me

They already have all the information about you whether you like it or not.

Timeline

Do you have any idea how much something like that would cost, the constitutional challenges that would be mounted etc? Ever hear of something called "function creep"? What starts off as an aid to "effective management of immigration" could very easily be expanded to include credit reports, medical data etc etc. You're looking at the ultimate "Big Brother", uber-intrusive nanny-state. If you think that what you're describing would stop at non-immigrants, you're sadly mistaken.

You do not want something like that in operation. Ever. Because an organisation holding or with access to all of your data etc in the depth you're proposing could - if they chose - make you "cease to exist" in an instant. Think about how much control over yourself you're handing over - and to who? What does any organisation need that for? What are they proposing to do with that data?

If that were the deal for non-immigrants, M would move here. No question. Because it would mean America wasn't America anymore.

It wont cost any more then they are currently spending. And you don't think everyone wouldn't support tracking every person entering our country if it meant they could stop a terrorist attack?

Well I can see a lot of people who would ordinarily want to visit the States, genuinely and completely put off by this sort of nonsense. People will choose not to go there, they are already. Microchipping human beings for heavens sake. :blink:

A lot of people here are now going to Europe, or staying closer to home in the South Pacific when they holiday, whatever the attractions the Americas offer. Hardly anyone seems to head there now. That's because it simply isn't worth the aggravation or the stress that are now such a part of travel there. Your border people now view every single person arriving as a criminal. That reception to a holidaymaker sets a certain tone don't you think?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Timeline

All I've got to say about 'microchips' and 'ankle bracelets' in regards to foreign born persons either visiting or moving here permanently is this....

How in the name of Heaven can anyone here on VJ or any other immigrant web community advocate for MORE restrictions on this process?

I mean - isn't the process bad enough already? All day long all I see on this site is complaining and moaning about how unfair and protracted and painful and expensive this process is. And you want MORE?

Get real.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Spouses are allowed to visit during the process from what I understood. I might be wrong though..

Well, yes and no. We inquired about this. The tourist/visiting visa requires that you demonstrate an intent to return to the country of origin financially, socially, etc. The Amman embassy said that unless you were someone extremely wealthy, famous, guaranteed by a large public US agency, etc they were not going to issue this visa for a spouse to come visit because they saw the marriage itself as a conflict of interest. So you could apply legally, but they wouldn't give it to you and then they would count the visa refusal as a strike on the applicant's record.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.