Heracles

Name One Obama Accomplishment

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Always liked the expression, I have a damn good brain, but only two hands to work with when pushed to get an impossible job done in an instant. Another line of BS, the difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

From what I have seen of Obama on TV, he only has two hands and has an impossible congress to deal with. Latest example, why are the health insurance companies allowed to pay congress 1.4 million bucks per day to influence their decisions?

In this mornings e-mail, received this:

"USEOPWH_img_president_small.jpg

Dear Friend,

If you’re like most Americans, there’s nothing more important to you about health care than peace of mind.

Given the status quo, that’s understandable. The current system often denies insurance due to pre-existing conditions, charges steep out-of-pocket fees – and sometimes isn’t there at all if you become seriously ill.

It’s time to fix our unsustainable insurance system and create a new foundation for health care security. That means guaranteeing your health care security and stability with eight basic consumer protections:

• No discrimination for pre-existing conditions
  • No exorbitant out-of-pocket expenses, deductibles or co-pays
  • No cost-sharing for preventive care
  • No dropping of coverage if you become seriously ill
  • No gender discrimination
  • No annual or lifetime caps on coverage
  • Extended coverage for young adults
  • Guaranteed insurance renewal so long as premiums are paid
Learn more about these consumer protections at Whitehouse.gov.

(http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-insurance-consumer-protections/?e=9&ref=text) added by me for link.

Over the next month there is going to be an avalanche of misinformation and scare tactics from those seeking to perpetuate the status quo. But we know the cost of doing nothing is too high. Health care costs will double over the next decade, millions more will become uninsured, and state and local governments will go bankrupt.

It’s time to act and reform health insurance, drive down costs and guarantee the health care security and stability of every American family. You can help by putting these core principles of reform in the hands of your friends, your family, and the rest of your social network.

Thank you,

Barack Obama "

What Obama is asking of me is to write to my congressman and senator to express my views on this subject, what else can he do? Now it's up to me and thousands of others to write, if we drop the ball, nothing will change.

Love it when people b!tch, but don't do anything about it, where do you fit into this picture????

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only perspective Shooter has is the one that tells him respect is to had by loudly proclaiming one's manhood via the acuisition of symbols of virility. When you understand that this is as a result of feeling helpless during an emotionaly stressful time while he was a young adult, it's pretty much a text book case ;)

spoken from the perspective of someone who sees nothing more in virility than symbology, and has no understanding of the true essence of the male persona, having never experienced it in cohabitive state. typical for a woman with a masculinised ego, as such tend to drive away all men who are not thoroughly feminised.

You feel threatened by intelligent women don't you shooter? Classic.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
The only perspective Shooter has is the one that tells him respect is to had by loudly proclaiming one's manhood via the acuisition of symbols of virility. When you understand that this is as a result of feeling helpless during an emotionaly stressful time while he was a young adult, it's pretty much a text book case ;)

spoken from the perspective of someone who sees nothing more in virility than symbology, and has no understanding of the true essence of the male persona, having never experienced it in cohabitive state. typical for a woman with a masculinised ego, as such tend to drive away all men who are not thoroughly feminised.

Could find many very attractive women, but rare to find one that is both attractive and intelligent. A person can't help it if born ugly, but can do something about acquiring intelligence, that alone can make a person more attractive. Yes, you women can say the same thing about men. I place intelligence over attractiveness, but being attractive as well, sure helps.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Pray tell, Mr Shooter - how does one determine "machismo" from internet forum posts?

Sexist mysogynist jokes and chauvinist language?

Anecdotes about sexual and physical prowess?

I could do that, were I so inclined. But then - I would be a #######.

somehow you seem to have managed the outcome, without the behaviours you prequalified it by.

i thrive when surrounded by intelligent women, but it happens so rarely...

actually, i am married to one, have 3 for sisters, a few for friends, and work for one. no problems here. problems must be on the other side of the screen...

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Pray tell, Mr Shooter - how does one determine "machismo" from internet forum posts?

somehow you seem to have managed the outcome, without the behaviours you prequalified it by.

I'm sure. But I'm not a sexist mysogynist pig who feels the need to spin it in such a way as to suggest its somehow intelligent and natural - so that's a plus :thumbs:

Timeline

I'm sure. But I'm not a sexist mysogynist pig who feels the need to spin it in such a way as to suggest its somehow intelligent and natural - so that's a plus :thumbs:

It's "misogynist", one who hates women. Does that also include your mother?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Lisa Randal, a thereotical physicist are Harvard, is second to Stephen Hawking as the leading physicists. She received her PH.D at 18 or 19...Or a little older. Heck, she can bend the ####### stiff as a horse just by looking at it. And, she can lift the heaviest, stronger man on the planet with the touch of her finger. Heck, she makes roughly 500k/year....And, she cannot get fired b/c she has tenure.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

funny that you go to such effort to constantly use negative buzzwords to define another person, who without shame defines himself. perhaps you think that if you say it enough it will become true, and lower that person to your level so that you are suddenly his equal. click your heels together three times, and repeat after me, "there's no place like home. there's no place like home. there's no place like home."

this behaviour reveals a lot about your own experiences and resultant personality, my friend. your father must have been very harsh in his dealings with you when you were a child. he must have called you every name in the book in attempts to hurt you. you must have suffered terribly at his cruelty.

the greatest harm he has done you, though, you are not even aware of. by using a feminised style of aggression he has bound you in the same pattern, and caused you to be as impotent as he was. he has gifted you an inheritance of disempowerment, along with the shame and anxiety you carry.

you really need a good therapist.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I admit. I'm sexist. Not sexist for thinking women are dumb. But, sexist because women don't pursue higher order logical thinking. I wished more women would go into Engineering. The one of the most challenging field is to figure out problems, and solving them using mathematics, physics, chemistry.

Heck, I would put down a women that gives up easily. But, a women who stand up and showed they are capable I would worship them like the deity.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

funny that you go to such effort to constantly use negative buzzwords to define another person, who without shame defines himself. perhaps you think that if you say it enough it will become true, and lower that person to your level so that you are suddenly his equal. click your heels together three times, and repeat after me, "there's no place like home. there's no place like home. there's no place like home."

this behaviour reveals a lot about your own experiences and resultant personality, my friend. your father must have been very harsh in his dealings with you when you were a child. he must have called you every name in the book in attempts to hurt you. you must have suffered terribly at his cruelty.

the greatest harm he has done you, though, you are not even aware of. by using a feminised style of aggression he has bound you in the same pattern, and caused you to be as impotent as he was. he has gifted you an inheritance of disempowerment, along with the shame and anxiety you carry.

you really need a good therapist.

You are not very good, even for a quack. *Hint. You need actual data to make a diagnosis, not mere speculation.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .