Lancep

Chest X-Ray

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

My fiance in Belarus is under the impression that she must bring her chest X-Ray from the medical exam to the U.S. The doctor told her to take the sealed envelope to the interview in Warsaw, but to bring the X-Ray to the U.S. Does anyone know what purpose this would serve, or whether she can leave it in Belarus?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
My fiance in Belarus is under the impression that she must bring her chest X-Ray from the medical exam to the U.S. The doctor told her to take the sealed envelope to the interview in Warsaw, but to bring the X-Ray to the U.S. Does anyone know what purpose this would serve, or whether she can leave it in Belarus?

As far as I understand we have to carry our xrays and submit them at poe. If someone knows better please respond.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I had to bring the chest xray to the US with me in my carry on luggage. It was not taken at my POE which was Atlanta so I still have it somewhere. But since you are told to bring the xray to the US with you it is wise to listen and make sure that you do as told. It would be terrible to get through all this and arrive in the US with-out the xray and then to maybe be asked for it and not have it.

Good luck.

Debby

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2003-12-27

I-130 Sent : 2004-01-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-01-20

I-129F Sent : 2004-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2004-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2004-07-24

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2004-08-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2004-09-23

Packet 4 Received : 2004-10-01

Interview Date : 2004-10-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2004-10-27

US Entry : 2004-11-03

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Point of Entry : Atlanta

POE Date : 2004-11-03

Got EAD Stamp :

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : They were really nice at Hartsfield airport when I arrived. The lines were long and the process took a while but there were no hassles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2005-01-23

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2005-03-18

Interview Date : 2006-08-01 Submit Review

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

I really wonder why you need to hang on that xray tho.. I mean, in every story I read people were told to take it in their carry ons to the US and hand it at the POE but in the end, nobody every had to hand it over... odd but oh well, like you said, better to do what they say :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

It is given to you to keep. You paid for it. It is used as a baseline xray. If you ever have need for another chest xray here in the US, the Dr. will need it to compare both of the xrays.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What Meriem setif said . . . it is your x-ray; you paid for it. Only a radiologist is able to read and interpret an x-ray legally - and USCIS and border personnel are not radiologists. They would have no reason to request the x-ray. The report from the radiologist is included in the sealed envelope with the rest of the medical findings and the other K-1 documents. I have not heard of a single person who was required to present their x-ray either at the interview or at the POE. I certainly wasn't.

It is a useful baseline x-ray that can be used here in the States by your own family practitioner or doctor so I would say to bring it. It can lie flat in any suitcase and takes up very little room. If, on the absolutely obscure and unreasonable chance that someone does request it, then she will be able to get her hands on it. Bring it in carry on luggage preferably, but checked luggage should be fine.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiance carried hers to Miami from Colombia - I picked her up at the airport and dumped the X-ray in a garbage can at the airport itself - she was worried but no one has ever asked for it (I had gone through the same thing with my experience 30 years ago)! So you can dump it in Belarus or your POE or keep it for as long as you like - it has no value - the doctor interprets it and that's part of your medical report to the consulate. It's never needed after this. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It is given to you to keep. You paid for it. It is used as a baseline xray. If you ever have need for another chest xray here in the US, the Dr. will need it to compare both of the xrays.

Meriem (F)

Mariem is correct. It is used as a baseline x-ray for any follow up appointments you may get...not just for immigrations. If you had a chest x-ray, you probably had a positive ppd, so it may, or may not be used as a baseline.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.