mondestin

Casablanca consulate INTERVIEW PREPARATION!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please anyone who has been through the interview process at the Casa consulate any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am still waiting for the Packet 3 but when I called the Consulate in Casa they said that my fiance would have an interview date in June!! I saw the checklist of items to bring including proof of the relationship. I would like to know what types of questions are asked and how long is the interview in total? Can he request the interview be performed in Arab or French because his English is not 100%? If approved, can he get the visa that day? Thank you!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Please anyone who has been through the interview process at the Casa consulate any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am still waiting for the Packet 3 but when I called the Consulate in Casa they said that my fiance would have an interview date in June!! I saw the checklist of items to bring including proof of the relationship. I would like to know what types of questions are asked and how long is the interview in total? Can he request the interview be performed in Arab or French because his English is not 100%? If approved, can he get the visa that day? Thank you!!

The questions varies from person to person. But I can send you questions that have been composited that are the most frequently asked. You need to prepare him starting now. But he will receive the 221(g) regardless. They will not issue him the visa that day. Which is normal.

Now what kind of 221(g) is important. You dont want anything stating returning the petition. But for AP is normal and even if they request more information that is not bad either (but you would want to avoid any delays).

My love spoke English at his interview and from what the interviewer said she preferred the beneficiary spoke English. She said it would eliminate the question of , "How you will function in America and you can not speak English" :unsure:

But if not I am not sure if the only one lady I know there that speaks Arabic would conduct the interview in Arabic. From other VJers its been a no go!!!

Hope this helps you any!! Good Luck :thumbs:

Sheila

Timeline

The questions varies from person to person. But I can send you questions that have been composited that are the most frequently asked. You need to prepare him starting now. But he will receive the 221(g) regardless. They will not issue him the visa that day. Which is normal.

Now what kind of 221(g) is important. You dont want anything stating returning the petition. But for AP is normal and even if they request more information that is not bad either (but you would want to avoid any delays).

My love spoke English at his interview and from what the interviewer said she preferred the beneficiary spoke English. She said it would eliminate the question of , "How you will function in America and you can not speak English" :unsure:

But if not I am not sure if the only one lady I know there that speaks Arabic would conduct the interview in Arabic. From other VJers its been a no go!!!

hi Nabil,

Look at this thread below it's all about Casablanca, and it's so useful for you .wish you good luck at ur interview http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;hl=CASABLANCA

Timeline

Opps sorry i meant Mondestin :devil:

Timeline

Thank you!!! All the info helps so much! His English is not great but he will reply and say that we've decided to live in Casablanca. He won't live in the USA and will only visit to get married here and meet my family. After that we've decided it's best to live there. He has a good job that he will not give up. I hope that doesn't hurt our chances of getting the visa because my parents need to meet him. Plus he needs to see my life in my country. Let me know your thoughts. :-) thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Take a look at the example Interview Questions offered here on the Visa Journey website.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Timeline

Hi,

Can I just ask you a quick question about your Packet 3. Do you have to fill out the Financial Affadavit of Support or not? I know that people say that you do not for Casablanca, but some people do anyways...I am leaving the country for 2 months and so I want to get all the necessary forms filled out before I go, but also, I don't want to do that complicated finance form if it really isn't necessary.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks again,

(this is for Morocco specifically)

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you!!! All the info helps so much! His English is not great but he will reply and say that we've decided to live in Casablanca. He won't live in the USA and will only visit to get married here and meet my family. After that we've decided it's best to live there. He has a good job that he will not give up. I hope that doesn't hurt our chances of getting the visa because my parents need to meet him. Plus he needs to see my life in my country. Let me know your thoughts. :-) thanks

Hmmm, not sure this is a good thing to say at the interview. Usually in order to do what you are trying to do, the foreigner would just get a tourist visa in order to enter the U.S., get married, then leave. I know tourist visas for young Moroccan males can be hard to come by, so I understand the dilemma.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this can pop in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.