one...two...tree

A Special Thanks To Science

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I am thankful for successful c-sections and less infant mortality. Also thankful for diabetes medicines and tests since hubby got it, also a healthy young guy.

I like all the new technology but I don't like the way we are so dependent on it. If something happens to take away all of our electricity for a long period of time, we are going to have huge problems.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh and thanks for this too, guys.

2048054498_ed7aebd839.jpg

and thanks for vx nerve agent too! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Science has taken quite a few hits over the last decade and has even become a topic for debate among non-scientists, so I thought we should take the time to show our appreciation for all the science that we benefit from.

I'll start. I'd like to thank whichever scientists invented the microwave oven. I know there were a few skeptics that held out for awhile - thinking that the hotdog they just cooked in their microwave was nothing but smoke and mirrors, but eventually everyone has come around to microwave cooking and although it will never replace traditional methods of cooking, there's nothing simpler than throwing a hotdog in the microwave for 60 seconds. Thank you science man and the science you used. :thumbs:

I shun the microwave, especially when it comes to cooking hotdogs. How many jobs have been lost because people don't have to wait for the corner hot dog stand guy to cook him up a good dog? Plus the erotion of flavor we have all learned to accept as a result. And what about traditional family values? The microwave makes it possible, and I dare say "reasonable" for a husband to pop his OWN dinner in the microwave and feed himself. It encourages women to leave the house! What about the children?

This is a monstrosity. Damn you science!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Science has taken quite a few hits over the last decade and has even become a topic for debate among non-scientists, so I thought we should take the time to show our appreciation for all the science that we benefit from.

I'll start. I'd like to thank whichever scientists invented the microwave oven. I know there were a few skeptics that held out for awhile - thinking that the hotdog they just cooked in their microwave was nothing but smoke and mirrors, but eventually everyone has come around to microwave cooking and although it will never replace traditional methods of cooking, there's nothing simpler than throwing a hotdog in the microwave for 60 seconds. Thank you science man and the science you used. :thumbs:

I shun the microwave, especially when it comes to cooking hotdogs. How many jobs have been lost because people don't have to wait for the corner hot dog stand guy to cook him up a good dog? Plus the erotion of flavor we have all learned to accept as a result. And what about traditional family values? The microwave makes it possible, and I dare say "reasonable" for a husband to pop his OWN dinner in the microwave and feed himself. It encourages women to leave the house! What about the children?

This is a monstrosity. Damn you science!

Gee. I never thought of it that way. Damn microwaves all to hell then!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Does internet count? I'm so gratefull for that! :dance:

And contact lenses :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Does internet count? I'm so gratefull for that! :dance:

And contact lenses :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

Two words:

Al Gore!

:lol:

Movie time folks... have a great one... from one scientist that has no clue about anything to a bunch of other scientists!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

mr scientist

thanks for inventing the lolcats, and the xbox 360 and the cool cameras and stuff

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Popcorn was the first thing intentionally microwaved. cool huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven#History

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks to science, all of my problems have been solved.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg