44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i ve been waiting for my gc year and half since i applied and my interview was in july 2007 and i was approved and no update in my case till now!!!

i m thinking about sue the uscis how can i sue them ?and what is the conditions???

thank you for all ur answers

Why don't you get a congressman involved first. I'm thinking that attempting to sue them is not going to get you the outcome that you wish for.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
i ve been waiting for my gc year and half since i applied and my interview was in july 2007 and i was approved and no update in my case till now!!!

i m thinking about sue the uscis how can i sue them ?and what is the conditions???

Why don't you get a congressman involved first. I'm thinking that attempting to sue them is not going to get you the outcome that you wish for.

i already did and nothing changed !!

i want to know the details of writing mandamus how i do it?

Two ways to go. One contact a good attorney (gonna charge between $2000-4000). If you are poor like me :( go do some research. Search for pacer on google, create an account with them download some cases, study how it is done. Go down to the federal court closest to you, get a pro se package, start compiling documents and file in the court. It takes alot of time and a wholeeeeeeeee lot of effort to do this by yourself. Remember, your intention is not to fight with anyone, you just want the court to order uscis to work on your case.

Our Timeline

06/23/2006 Happiest day of my life, got married to my lovely Wife!

AOS

11/27/06 I-485 / I-765 Sent (Overnight)

11/28/06 I-485 / I-765 Received

12/01/06 Notice Date for both

12/02/06, 12/04/06, 12/05/06, 12/06/06, 12/10/06, 12/11/06 Touched !!!

12/19/06 Interview letter Issued!

12/26/06 Interview Notice Received!

02/13/07 Interview

08/25/08 Filed Writ of Mandamus (Law Suit) against USCIS, DOS, FBI

09/16/08 Application Approved (IR6)

09/22/08 Card Production Ordered

09/23/08 Welcome Notice Received

09/29/08 10 YR. GC Received!

N-400

07/18/11 N-400 Sent (Overnight) UPS

07/19/11 N-400 Received

08/23/11 Case status changed - FP letter sent

08/26/11 Fingerprint notice received in mail

08/26/11 Early Fingerprints completed

09/13/11 Original Fingerprints scheduled date

08/30/11 Case status updated: In-Line to be scheduled for an interview

09/12/11 Case status updated: Interview is now scheduled

09/15/11 Interview letter received!

10/19/11 Interview at Santa Ana, CA - I-130 is not approved in file

10/19/11 RFE issued

10/27/11 RFE response received and is being reviewed - even though I didn't get any RFE or responded to one!

11/11/11 Notification for Placed in que for oath ceremony

11/15/11 Notification for Oath being scheduled

11/18/11 N-445 Oath letter received

12/15/11 Oath Ceremony - Its all over! I AM FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
Two ways to go. One contact a good attorney (gonna charge between $2000-4000). If you are poor like me :( go do some research. Search for pacer on google, create an account with them download some cases, study how it is done. Go down to the federal court closest to you, get a pro se package, start compiling documents and file in the court. It takes alot of time and a wholeeeeeeeee lot of effort to do this by yourself. Remember, your intention is not to fight with anyone, you just want the court to order uscis to work on your case.

wow,i think it will need lots of work:) but i think thats better than to pay from 2k to 4k:)

i will begin searching .

anyway, thanks Shakil and thanks for all of u guys:)

Filed: Timeline

i already did and nothing changed !!

i want to know the details of writing mandamus how i do it?

Someone already gave you the links on this thread - follow them and read up.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

hi everybody

i got some new news .i don t know if it s bad or good.

as i mention b4 .i was married in nov 2006 and i applied for i 485 jan 2007 and fingerprint feb 2007 than my interview was in july 2007 and i was approved but fbi name check than they ask me to renew my fingerprint on augest 2008 .and now they r asking me for second interview in the end of october 2008 which is b4 my second anniversy by couple of weeks !!!!

so that mean that my name check is cleared but if i took my approval on october i will have the conditional card which is for 2 years not the 10 years!

and all of that for couple of weeks ........i m happy coz i m almost done and in the same time feel depressed coz after 2 years waiting i will still get the conditional one!

i really don t know what to do .and i don t want to go immigration again after 21 months and wait again.

thanks for ur reply in advanced

are you kidding?? sue the USCIS. i almost fell out of my chair!! you are not even a citizen yet, and not even a resident yet too, im pretty sure your rights are kinda limitied now. you cant vote unitll you become a citizen so i would guess you can NOT sue them too..

you can sue anybody at anytime in the US, your immigration status doesn't matter. neither does the merit of your case. :rofl: if somebody has done you wrong, or if you just want some money that you really don't deserve, you can always find a bottom-feeder, schyster lawyer to take your case.

hi everybody

as i mention b4 .i was married in nov 2006 and i applied for i 485 jan 2007 and fingerprint feb 2007 than my interview was in july 2007 and i was approved but fbi name check than they ask me to renew my fingerprint on augest 2008 .and now they r asking me for second interview in the end of october 2008 which is b4 my second anniversy by couple of weeks !!!!

so that mean that my name check is cleared but if i took my approval on october i will have the conditional card which is for 2 years not the 10 years!

and all of that for couple of weeks ........i m happy coz i m almost done and in the same time feel depressed coz after 2 years waiting i will still get the conditional one!

i really don t know what to do .and i don t want to go immigration again after 21 months and wait again.

You're a glass is half-empty versus half-full kind of a person, aren't you? :lol:

You know the saying... "beggars can't be choosers".

Be happy that you'll have your greencard soon, and worry about 21 months in 21 months.

hi everybody

The fact that they are asking you to a second interview is probably good news. If I were you, I'd be glad just to get the green card. My interview was scheduled 10 days before our 2nd anniversary, but... what can you do... take it or leave it! Honestly, for removing conditions you might not even have an interview.

10-Apr-08...Filing date for I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

02-May-08...Biometrics

31-Jul-08...EAD Card received

15-Sep-08...Interview (APPROVED)

27-Sep-08...GC received

03-Aug-10...Filed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

06-Aug-10...NOA 1-yr Extension Letter

10-Sep-10...Biometrics

02-Dec-10...ROC approved! (Card production ordered)

anyway i think there is no way .that i will not go through removing conditional card .....anyway thanx all u guys for ur help and advises i really appreciat u all

That really stinks sasa - I would have felt the same way after waiting just to be short a few weeks. Of course the up side is you get to get past this part of the process. Good luck!

Timeline
anyway i think there is no way .that i will not go through removing conditional card .....anyway thanx all u guys for ur help and advises i really appreciat u all

That really stinks sasa - I would have felt the same way after waiting just to be short a few weeks. Of course the up side is you get to get past this part of the process. Good luck!

also thank u LAL i know it stinks but there is no way:)

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

so finally i got my welcome letter for i485 and i m now waiting for the green card to come on the mail.

it was really hard i got my second interview and i was thinking it will be easy and for a few mins but it was so long.

first, my interview was at 8am .i went there with my wife and my attorney and he called my wife only and spent with her an hour !! and than he spent another hour with me and he asked about everything and finally he approved my case.

anyway thank god and thank u all guys for ur help i really appreciated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.