Satellite

Passed the California Bar Exam!

19 posts in this topic

As a non-lawyer Jeep owner, I will say there is a high expectation of a Rubicon and anyone purchasing one from a dealership would certainly not be expecting things like axles, t-cases, etc. to be "downgraded" in anyway. Jeeps are almost always "upgraded" with aftermarket (or stock) parts to IMPROVE performance.

If this dealer sold the Jeep with a sticker on it displaying the VIN, it's probable that the buyer did like the dealer, he threw the VIN into kbb.com or carfacts.com or another such site that would list options and prices and then they agreed on a price based on what was listed on the website they checked out. Undoubtedly BOTH assumed (and we all know what happens when we make assumptions) everything remained stock or better.

I guarantee you if I finally got the cash together to "upgrade" to a Rubicon and found out later it wasn't a "Rubicon" the legal ramifications wouldn't matter. We'd be sitting in front of Judge Judy or someone and they'd either be giving me my money back or they'd be making it a "Rubicon" at their cost.

Now, since I'm not a lawyer, I don't know if I could actually win that case or not. But I'll tell you one thing, if you took that to Judge Judy, you'd be getting an upgrade all right. (Provided you didn't piss her off too bad in the process.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It's official, I passed the CA Bar on my first try. Results came out on May 16, 2008 at 6:00pm.

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

The anxiety I felt over this and the difficulty of the thing cannot even compare to getting a visa for my wife. The visa was a lot more simpler, easier, and honestly less stressful.

As soon as I receive the official paper work I can get sworn in and finally add Esquire to my name.

It's the coolest thing in the world. I had to share with everyone.

Way to go now you can join the ranks of scum suckers at the bottom of the food chain. hehehe

Im sure you wont be THAT kind of lawyer, congratulations on passing the bar, soon my wife will begin taking her TEUFL, and part 1 of her dental boards. Things are going to get interesting.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Belated congrats, Sat! Something tells me you'll be successful.

For whatever reason (my affection for movies notwithstanding), I'm reminded of the following movie quote:

"That is such a dumb idea. Sometimes it amazes me you ever passed the bar.

I'm sure it does, you've never passed a bar in you life.

You are so much less attractive when I'm sober.

Thank goodness it's not that often."

Congrats again, and good luck!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
It's official, I passed the CA Bar on my first try. Results came out on May 16, 2008 at 6:00pm.

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

The anxiety I felt over this and the difficulty of the thing cannot even compare to getting a visa for my wife. The visa was a lot more simpler, easier, and honestly less stressful.

As soon as I receive the official paper work I can get sworn in and finally add Esquire to my name.

It's the coolest thing in the world. I had to share with everyone.

Congratulations

Please fill in your TIMELINE!!!

I-751

10/19/2006 I-751 send to Vermont

11/07/2006 NOA (Kids)

12/01/2006 BIO Appointment (Kids)

04/02/2007 NOA (Wife dated 11/7)

04/11/2007 BIO (Wife 2nd )

06/07/2007 received all 3 approval emails

06/11/2007 Green cards in Mailbox

N-400

09/17/2007 N-400 sent to Vermont

09/20/2007 signed for

11/21/2007 Check Cashed

12/11/2007 Noaa mailed

12/14/2007 Noaa arrives in mailbox

12/15/2007 Biometrics letter in mailbox

12/29/2007 Biometrics Appointment

04/03/2008 Interview letter arrives

05/22/2008 Interview passed, But waiting on two A-Files to be integrated into one.

07/28/2008 Infopass Appointment

09/19/2008 Citizenship Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.