ikarus

changing address once fiance arrives in the usa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone...

We're in the process of gathering the documentation to send to consulate, so hopefully in the near future my fiance will have her visa.

Currently I reside in florida, but eventually I will move to the west coast. In terms of moving---when would be the best time to move in the process once my fiance has entered the USA?

From reading the guides, I know that she could apply for the Social Security Card after 2 weeks of entering the country; thus, is it best to move and then do all these applications, like Social security card, AOS, etc? Or could she apply for her SS card, then move to the west Coast (my sister gets my mail when I'm out of town and she forwards it to wherever I'm). And also, are there any delays in receiving any of the documents because of change of addresses once the fiance has arrived to the usa?

Thanks in advance!

Marlon

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

• 1 month later...

She can apply for SSN after 2 weeks here in Florida. Next you need to get married in order to appply for AOS. Is better to apply for AOS after you move but if she wants to work she will need work permit. Let you fiance know I'll be happy to assist her whenever she needs because we speak the same...language.

Good Luck (mult noroc!)

Camelia

I LOVE YOU WAYNE DARLIN' !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it is always best not to move when any application is pending.... so do it when you have nothing active.... you decide.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.