sarahaziz

- Pregnacy -

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Do any of the new mom's use slings like these?

http://www.hotslings.com/s.nl/sc.2/.f

I used to use one with my youngest, though it wasn't a fabricy one like the above, it was a Bjorn Baby or whatever the heck that name is. She was VERY colicky after the 2nd week and ONLY stopped crying when I had her in the carrier. Made my life sooo easy since I could do dishes, clean the house, and take my oldest out for a walk (she turned 1 when I brought my youngest home from the hospital).

I bought a hotsling for my baby. I used it maybe once, it was cute and fashionable but not comfortable for him or for me. I used my baby bjorn ALL the time though.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing. I used my baby bjorn all the time too but it just wasn't comfy after a certain age...I think it was like 4 months that it was good until. Seems like a waste and these other ones look soooo snuggly.

technically the bjorn is supposed to be good until like 35lbs? i think? no way! my son is now 29lbs and i dont think i could carry him in that. but the hotsling? no way would have have been able to hold him in that in the past few months the bjorn lasts longer.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Do any of the new mom's use slings like these?

http://www.hotslings.com/s.nl/sc.2/.f

I used to use one with my youngest, though it wasn't a fabricy one like the above, it was a Bjorn Baby or whatever the heck that name is. She was VERY colicky after the 2nd week and ONLY stopped crying when I had her in the carrier. Made my life sooo easy since I could do dishes, clean the house, and take my oldest out for a walk (she turned 1 when I brought my youngest home from the hospital).

I bought a hotsling for my baby. I used it maybe once, it was cute and fashionable but not comfortable for him or for me. I used my baby bjorn ALL the time though.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing. I used my baby bjorn all the time too but it just wasn't comfy after a certain age...I think it was like 4 months that it was good until. Seems like a waste and these other ones look soooo snuggly.

technically the bjorn is supposed to be good until like 35lbs? i think? no way! my son is now 29lbs and i dont think i could carry him in that. but the hotsling? no way would have have been able to hold him in that in the past few months the bjorn lasts longer.

True. I guess the appeal to the hotslings for me is that it seems like it would be an easy thing to do to walk around the mall with the baby in it and then when baby gets hungry switch to breastfeed mode and use the hotsling to keep modesty in tact. With the bjorn you can't really do that since it's not made for that purpose. Oh well, guess I need to actually make a baby first before I can have a valid discussion on the comparison of the two! :lol:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone know which breast pump is considered to be the best........medela, playtex......regular size or compact..........single or double..............there are so many......which would be a good one to take to work?

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Anyone know which breast pump is considered to be the best........medela, playtex......regular size or compact..........single or double..............there are so many......which would be a good one to take to work?

Are you certain your work doesn't already have one? I found out by sheer accident (was looking for a room to pray in) that we have a "mother's room" on the floor below us fully equipped with a hospital type pump that apparently (per the moms that I know use it) is super powerful. Might want to just ask around before spending the $$$.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wish we had something like that........that would be convenient........I'm positive we don't.

Are you certain your work doesn't already have one? I found out by sheer accident (was looking for a room to pray in) that we have a "mother's room" on the floor below us fully equipped with a hospital type pump that apparently (per the moms that I know use it) is super powerful. Might want to just ask around before spending the $$$.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: Timeline
I wish we had something like that........that would be convenient........I'm positive we don't.

Call the la lache league in your city. Google it. You can rent them or you can buy on ebay really cheap ( the pumps)

Man...Im in my 6th month and I already have stretch marks (small ones) and I'm pretty uncomfy. My tummy feels sooooo stretched out, its uncomfortable to sit. Getting out of the shower is a b!tch too! Pregnancy is NOT fun, but I know she is totally worth it all!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Does anyone know or heard about if you rather use breast pumps vs direct breastfeeding does it break bonding between mother and baby?> or is it considerably the same?

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Does anyone know or heard about if you rather use breast pumps vs direct breastfeeding does it break bonding between mother and baby?> or is it considerably the same?

I did both. I wouldn't recommend bottle feeding though until the baby is very well settled into breastfeeding. My daughter got a bit "confused" but eventually settled it okay. It's nice to have someone else feeding the baby and gives your husband another way to bond. I feel bad for them really. I had a double breast pump that I rented from the hospital and I must admit I felt like a cow, but it got done more quickly.

Z

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

You pump because you have to be away from your baby, not as a substitute. Some people even pump milk for premature babies to help them. But its really not one or the other. You pump to store milk so you can be away from your baby and your milk doesnt run out and then you store the milk

babies love their momies if they pump or dont pump ...they even love their mommies if they are bottle fed. Somehow all babies survive

You pump because you have to be away from your baby, not as a substitute. Some people even pump milk for premature babies to help them. But its really not one or the other. You pump to store milk so you can be away from your baby and your milk doesnt run out and then you store the milk

babies love their momies if they pump or dont pump ...they even love their mommies if they are bottle fed. Somehow all babies survive

I just found out about a baby thats still breast feeding at 8 years old> Well she isnt a baby anymore. I am not sure how I feel about that. I dont judge her but um.. I think 2 years old is my limit for sure. Although I know some 30 year olds that would love to breastfeed.. ( ok I AM KIDDING)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
You pump because you have to be away from your baby, not as a substitute.

That's not 100% true for all women. I pumped so that my husband could participate. I was right there in the room while he bottle fed her. And there are more and more women who do that. Also if your baby has a latching problem, then pumping is a way for them to still reap the benefits of breastmilk.

Z

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

You pump because you have to be away from your baby, not as a substitute.

That's not 100% true for all women. I pumped so that my husband could participate. I was right there in the room while he bottle fed her. And there are more and more women who do that. Also if your baby has a latching problem, then pumping is a way for them to still reap the benefits of breastmilk.

Z

thats a good point.. i hadnt thought of that.. I was just thinking about going to work and stuff like that.. I hadnt thought about the husband participating things.. Good point

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

medela .. double breast pump .. it works really good for me .. the other ones break down so i've been told.. plus my hospital highly recommended medela .. i bought it from the lactation nurse at the hospital

breast pumps should not be shared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

my baby is totally bonded to me because of breastfeeding .. but she will suck from a bottle as well which is a very good thing .. we only give her breast milk though .. we found that other milk makes her throw up (infamil with iron)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.