sarahaziz

- Pregnacy -

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not one to have strangers feel me when I am pregnant. For the most part, wearing my long tunics/shirt dress most people think I am just extremely large :o! My boys always are touching me and my friends, but other then that no one else.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Here's a question for you gals...

Why does everyone think its ok to pat a pregnant woman's tummy? SOOOOO annoying! :angry:

Because people have no sense of personal boundries. Likely, I will knock someone out. It's like how people feel some kind of compulsion to pet your hair. Why? I would never touch someone else's hair (friends, family, strangers) unless I had a reason or it was Ammar. Somehow he is exempt from my feelings of personal space.

After watching a couple of my friends lose babies or not be able to get pregnant, I kind of feel stupid saying much about boundaries or anything else. If you are pregnant and your baby is healthy you have a hell of alot to be grateful for. I thank God everyday hes ( the baby) is alive and healthy. It could be a different story

all people ahve different opinions. Depends on what the person views as her personal space and how close they guard it. In all cases, to each their own.

I had a ton of boundaries... TONS.. I think because i have watched people close to me lose their babies, both to still birth, miscarriage and other stuff,,, I m really reticent to act too snotty to many people about what my boundaries are if they wanna pat me.. IMHO

I don't understand how people rubbing your tummy relates to lost pregnancies. I know that I would never complain about being pregnant because of so many who have suffered and lost a baby. It's like laughing in the face of a blessing. But when people come at you to rub your tummy that's just wierd. I'm not even sure what they get out of it. The poor baby is probably confused cause they know they've never heard that voice before. :unsure:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

I'm nervous about ever getting pregnant because of "pain at site" but I know when I see that baby that I made with my spouse - it came from both of us! If God has to make somebody half me and half him that's who it would be! all those times I didn't feel well during pregnancy would disappear.

People touching my stomach during pregnancy that would drive me nuts. That's my stomach :angry:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Timeline
Here's a question for you gals...

Why does everyone think its ok to pat a pregnant woman's tummy? SOOOOO annoying! :angry:

Because people have no sense of personal boundries. Likely, I will knock someone out. It's like how people feel some kind of compulsion to pet your hair. Why? I would never touch someone else's hair (friends, family, strangers) unless I had a reason or it was Ammar. Somehow he is exempt from my feelings of personal space.

After watching a couple of my friends lose babies or not be able to get pregnant, I kind of feel stupid saying much about boundaries or anything else. If you are pregnant and your baby is healthy you have a hell of alot to be grateful for. I thank God everyday hes ( the baby) is alive and healthy. It could be a different story

all people ahve different opinions. Depends on what the person views as her personal space and how close they guard it. In all cases, to each their own.

I had a ton of boundaries... TONS.. I think because i have watched people close to me lose their babies, both to still birth, miscarriage and other stuff,,, I m really reticent to act too snotty to many people about what my boundaries are if they wanna pat me.. IMHO

I don't understand how people rubbing your tummy relates to lost pregnancies. I know that I would never complain about being pregnant because of so many who have suffered and lost a baby. It's like laughing in the face of a blessing. But when people come at you to rub your tummy that's just wierd. I'm not even sure what they get out of it. The poor baby is probably confused cause they know they've never heard that voice before. :unsure:

I think its where you live. I live in such a tourist area , sometimes all I see is British tourists and families wandering around that you could literally go to some parts of my town and never see a familiar face ( disney area) LOL

I think my thresh hold for things pissing me off is pretty high. I am not say it has always been so but I kind of like anyone even noticing if I am pregnant because this town is so full of strangers that we sometimes as natives dont make a connection.

I think it depends on the person. My family is highly intellectual, cold, stand offish. I would kind of like to have the whole my big fat greek wedding family with people spraying windex on me and yelling. I love my husbands family because they are so big and hyper. THey would probably rub me 24 hours a day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

sarah, Everyone told me before I had zaid that God makes u forget the pain, so u will have more babies...maybe so, maybe not, but I tell ya, The minute i saw zaid, it was like I had never been in labor, no pain, no nothin, it was all gone...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

sarah, Everyone told me before I had zaid that God makes u forget the pain, so u will have more babies...maybe so, maybe not, but I tell ya, The minute i saw zaid, it was like I had never been in labor, no pain, no nothin, it was all gone...

That's exactly what the mothers in my family say (F)

hopefully I can get my spouse to wait on me for 5-6 more years till university is finished. 26 still seems to young to have a baby! :wacko:

Filed: Timeline

I just know how much I love my husband. I know when I am able to hand him his baby and he gets to hug his baby ( his dad died when he was only 13) that all of this will seem very worth it. I hope my baby looks just like him... like a little twin

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I just know how much I love my husband. I know when I am able to hand him his baby and he gets to hug his baby ( his dad died when he was only 13) that all of this will seem very worth it. I hope my baby looks just like him... like a little twin

omg I hope that our baby will look like him too:) I even have recently told my husband I am going to name our first son after him. I decided that as I was leaving Palestine. but I only just recently told him:) I want all of my kids to be a carbon copy of my husband because that is just how awesome he is:) (I'm surprised my husband's head can fit through the door at this point, lol

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

omg I hope that our baby will look like him too:) I even have recently told my husband I am going to name our first son after him. I decided that as I was leaving Palestine. but I only just recently told him:) I want all of my kids to be a carbon copy of my husband because that is just how awesome he is:) (I'm surprised my husband's head can fit through the door at this point, lol

I just wanna use my husbands name for our future son (God willing) :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok so some of you are discussnig breastfeeding and all that and I thought of something interesting. Recently I watched a documentary called "The Business of Being Born". It is about the healthcare/maternity system in the US. They were pro midwife and having babies naturally. They said that US is ranking to be second (I think) in infant mortality rate in the world! And we are the ones using midwives nad having more births by C-section because the doctors do not want to keep the women in the hospital for too long. (health insurance companies ya know)....

It was an interesting show but I'm not sure what I agree with. I've never had a kid before so I totally don't know what it's like or what to expect. So myself, I do not know which way is better. What are your thoughts while we are on the topic?

I thought if you had a c section - you stay in the hospital a lot longer than giving a natural birth. I had my baby on a Wednesday night and Friday morning we left the hospital. It was the same amount of time just like 20 years ago.

I had a C-section. I went in at 6:15a.m. Thursday morning and was out by Sunday Morning. They let me go a day early because i was moving around nicely.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anyone know of how to prevent leg cramps otherwise called charlie horses.........I get them in my left calf muscle in the middle of the night. I don't get them during the day.......but when it happens at night, I wake up screaming from the pain. I know there's one theory that it could be that you need more calcium but, I don't have a calcium deficiency. My doctor said it's normal during pregnancy and to try and take a magnesium suppliment, I've tried that for about 3 weeks and so far.......it hasn't helped.

Ok sooo I 've had four kids... 2 c/s (1 emergency and 1 planned) 2 v/bacs (1 natuarl and 1 epidural) so as far as delivary ask away I can help in that arena foooosooo. Now the leg cramp thing? Only happend with one of them and I found drinking water (keeping hydrated) is the only thing that helped. But try not to over do things..you really need to stay tuned in to what your body is saying Perhaps you might need to take it back a noch during the day?? good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam/Hello ...

Ethiopian and other African nations women use Shea butter. The real stuff. While, I have heard also palm oil butter and olive oil works.

I have started to use olive oil but too late already have stretch marks.

But I am sure glad here in Algeria people do not think to touch your belly!

BTW, I think we should make a thread about child birth in MENA. I have some experience in this ... that I would like to share :devil:

Edited by Henia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
speak away because i will not be having a baby in Algeria lol

Well, on hand I do not blame you! But then on the other ... it is not so bad! I have been hospitalized several times here ... in the public hospitals. They are crowded ... little horrifying if you compare them to the US ones! But I have seen worst conditions in other countries. And afterall, healthcare is free! Something I can not thank Mr. Bush for!

Plus, there are many private clinics that have a better standard.

But if anyone is interested ... we could explore this. I have some 'nice' gruesome stories! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.