Beth/ Paris Heart

Gay marriages in Calif.

32 posts in this topic

Some changes are good and some changes are not. Which is which is a matter of opinion but has nothing to do with visas. I doubt we'll see any noticeable impact on the visa process anytime soon, particularly if California passes a Constitutional Amendment making the recent ruling moot.

I hadn't read all replies to this thread when I posted before. And I see Pushbrk's point.

Regardless of what one thinks about the idea of same sex marriages and visas based on that (my own opinion being clear from my previous post), at this time, and until legislation changes, there is no way any visas could be granted, even if USCIS/NVC/the local Consulate wanted to do this . They follow the law as it is at that time (although I have my doubts about this, when I think of I129F for K-3 visa handling in one center these days, but that's another discussion...).

Immigration law change is a derivative of laws more nationwide about allowing same sex marriages. And I do not think, in the US, legislation will change in this respect anytime soon.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
the US does not recognize marriage between fagots for immigration purposes.

See the DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act).

First off, at least if you are going to spew hate slurs, make sure you can spell them correctly.

Secondly, how about you keep your hate speech to yourself?

Thirdly, there are plenty of other countries that DO recognize same-sex marriages for immigration purposes...it's not so far off to believe that the US will eventually do the same.

Yes, this is OT. But still a good topic for discussion...whether you think its cut and dry or not.

10 or 20 years ago we didn't think we'd be at the point we are now. If there is enough strength in their voices and if they put enough money in the pockets of the right people anything is possible.

Whatever your opinion on the matter, there is no reason to be rude or crass with the replys. It shows only ignorance ...and perhaps a glimmer into ones own personal dilema's. ;) You can easily have an educated opinion without feeling the need to degrade another human being.

There is enough hate in this world.

Absolutely agree. For a website on family immigration we have quite a lot of racial and sexual hate thrown about. It's a bit disgusting, IMO.

Edited by jundp

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.