AlHayatZween

Do You Ever Think You Might Be Doing Your SO a Disservice?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salaam all,

So i'm home today and watching CNN and reading, and the US economy just seems to be getting worse and worse...

i have a lot on my mind with my husband's possible arrival here. i don't make a lot of money, and to hear other's stories, it will be months before he can work. Am i doing him a disservice by asking him to come and live here for (at least) a few years? The economy stinks, the dollar is down, job availability is way down, salaries stagnant, the cost of living skyrocketing.

in Morocco, we lived well... i had a good job, he had an okay job, healthcare is good in the capital...we had a nice apartment...

A year ago, when we decided to apply for this visa, and i asked him to come here, things weren't so bad with the state of the economy in the US. But now, it just seems like a downward spiral.

Am i hurting our possibility for a happy life together by asking him to come here? It's a lot on my mind... Does anyone else have these worries?

Thanks for listening,

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
To be honest, I think we would have done things differently if we were to do it all again.

Really? Do tell...

(it's okay, if you don't want to tell... i understand... )

(F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, actually I am doing both of us a great service. I agree with Troll on this one.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish I could've stayed in Canada and he moved there. But I couldn't and I'm not, so ya make do with the decisions you're dealt with.

I think it really depends on the state you live in. I'm in Utah. Obviously the religious aspect of this state bodes heavy on everything here. People can say all they want about it, but the LDS church pretty much owns this state. Everything is determined upon them.

The wages here are terrible. The health care is terrible, They aren't very accepting of newcomers here (in my state), especially when they find out your not of thier religion.

I made much more money, had more money to do fun things , travelled , lived in a nice place back home in Canada. Here, were just going paycheck to paycheck and I have to admit it's very depressing to me.

But one thing that helps is that my hubby & I are together, we went thru alot to be together (not the typical easy visa process:You can read about that by clicking on my name ad reading our story)

We're optimistic and hoping that things will be even better in the future. :thumbs:

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't think so. It would be nearly impossible for me to get a job in Jamaica. And, honestly, I'm kind of scared of it most of the time. Andre's job was good in Jamaican standards; but he really didn't make much money and it was always iffy as to if he had a job every 3 months. They forced him on contract breaks every 3 months where he didn't even know how long he would be off and where there was zero income coming in. And, of course, every tropical storm or hurricane brought the possibility of the hotel closure at least for a while.

Here, he landed a so-so job that has turned into a great opportunity for him....way beyond our expectations. He's said he would never have these opportunities in Jamaica.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Salaam all,

So i'm home today and watching CNN and reading, and the US economy just seems to be getting worse and worse...

i have a lot on my mind with my husband's possible arrival here. i don't make a lot of money, and to hear other's stories, it will be months before he can work. Am i doing him a disservice by asking him to come and live here for (at least) a few years? The economy stinks, the dollar is down, job availability is way down, salaries stagnant, the cost of living skyrocketing.

in Morocco, we lived well... i had a good job, he had an okay job, healthcare is good in the capital...we had a nice apartment...

A year ago, when we decided to apply for this visa, and i asked him to come here, things weren't so bad with the state of the economy in the US. But now, it just seems like a downward spiral.

Am i hurting our possibility for a happy life together by asking him to come here? It's a lot on my mind... Does anyone else have these worries?

Thanks for listening,

hz

what job were you able to get over there

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
At this particular point in our lives, no. It makes more sense to be here right now. The future may be something else, but for the present, it was the correct thing to do.

Same here. But we know our future includes time in Canada.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
The economy doesn't stink, it's just not as good as years past.

I don't doubt our decision to come here at all. Living in India would have been much, much worse.

:thumbs:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

None of us know what the future holds for us. Kez came here to the US as we thought it would be best given that I have a disability and she wanted me to remain in the place where I had good support and care, little did we know that just 3 short years later my beautiful and loving Kez would be taken from me. do I regret that we did not move to Scotland? no not for one second. I have 3 years of wonderful memories and have come to see that everyday things mean nothing, I would give up everything I have and move to any part of the world to have Kez back for just one day.

Cherrish what you have now because that is the most special thing that life can ever give you.

Jon

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

As a whole, it looks like the economy is suffering from a near recession; however, it is the individual ability to search for jobs. To me it's not a disservice because I know as well as my wife that she will not be able to get a good job yet. If you continue to work, and keep looking for better jobs you will not be hit by the economy as much.

I don't think it's a disservice. There are still new jobs opening as well as layoffs. Don't be mistaken.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
None of us know what the future holds for us. Kez came here to the US as we thought it would be best given that I have a disability and she wanted me to remain in the place where I had good support and care, little did we know that just 3 short years later my beautiful and loving Kez would be taken from me. do I regret that we did not move to Scotland? no not for one second. I have 3 years of wonderful memories and have come to see that everyday things mean nothing, I would give up everything I have and move to any part of the world to have Kez back for just one day.

Cherrish what you have now because that is the most special thing that life can ever give you.

Jon

Wonderfully said. (F)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord