1HappyGuy

E Mail Notification

4 posts in this topic

I am having a problem setting up my account for email notification. Two years ago I set up an account when we filed for my wife's green card application. Now we are working to remove the conditions. My problem is I can't remember or find the password so they won't let me set up the new case file number.

I have tried to get the USCIS system to let me change the password, but nothing seems to work. I even called the 800 number and spoke to someone that was suppose to know how to fix the problem. As usual, they were no help. It took several minutes before I could even get this person to understand what I wanted to do. I'm pretty sure English was not his primary language growing up.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

It makes no sense to me, since the USCIS web site even states that passwords will expire after 90 days. I mean, really? It has been two years since we used this service and they won't let me set up a new one because they still have my email address on file. I would sure like to fix this without having to get a new email address.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do you remember the User Id? If not, you can only put here your email address and they'll send you the user Id and password. Forgot password?

You will and email like this:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** Dear HappyGuy, Your User ID is HappyGuy. To change your password, select the "Forgot Your User ID or Password?" link from the login screen. Please save this e-mail for future reference. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via the feedback link from our website. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Hope this would help you.

I did try that, but could not get their system to allow me a new password or to send me the current password. I put in my user ID but even with the hint of my password I couldn't remember it and don't know where in the piles of paper that the old password is.

I guess I'm going digging for a little slip of paper with the password on it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry to heard that! I don't see any other choice that create another email account... Or check in your emails if you have any information there when you created the account 2 yrs ago

Good luck.

Edited by malego77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.