ILoveTan

Using EMAILS and YAHOO CHATS as PROOF ..... help!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Scary but true fact about my relationship with Tan: 1 yahoo chat is 3-5 hours long and just ONE chat log comes out to around 30 pages!!!! Should I really include these in my I-129 packet?????

Further, is there a way to edit these yahoo chats or emails? When I try to put them in Word or another program, I lose the emoticons :blush: <~~~these little dealies - and I didn't want them to look "messed" with, you know what I mean?

On the OTHER HAND, while I am sure they don't have the time to read 4 hour chat logs, we say many non-PC things to each other (I call him my slanty eye jungle boy and he calls me "the other white meat") further, we won't even MENTION the sex talk that goes on, plus of course, talking about his interview, plus tons of cussing, etc etc etc etc.......

Same problem with our emails, very very candid. How does everyone else get around this? Certainly I am not the ONLY person talking dirty in my chats and emails to my loved one .... AM I?? :devil: hihihihi

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

Heck no! For the initial filing, you don't need to provide ANY evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. The key is your two original signed letters of intent and evidence of meeting in person within the last two years.

Save your bona fide relationship evidence for the interview. Even then, logs of chats and some examples of the text scattered through the relationship (maybe one a month) are enough for that kind of evidence. Actual visits are the best evidence of bona fides, not boxes full of printed paper.

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union

It doesn't say to send some of them but many people do. I was advised to send a few.

K1 is a fiance(e) visa, so the petitioner is never going see any instruction like the above, referring to an ongoing marital union.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Scary but true fact about my relationship with Tan: 1 yahoo chat is 3-5 hours long and just ONE chat log comes out to around 30 pages!!!! Should I really include these in my I-129 packet?????

Further, is there a way to edit these yahoo chats or emails? When I try to put them in Word or another program, I lose the emoticons :blush: <~~~these little dealies - and I didn't want them to look "messed" with, you know what I mean?

On the OTHER HAND, while I am sure they don't have the time to read 4 hour chat logs, we say many non-PC things to each other (I call him my slanty eye jungle boy and he calls me "the other white meat") further, we won't even MENTION the sex talk that goes on, plus of course, talking about his interview, plus tons of cussing, etc etc etc etc.......

Same problem with our emails, very very candid. How does everyone else get around this? Certainly I am not the ONLY person talking dirty in my chats and emails to my loved one .... AM I?? :devil: hihihihi

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

Heck no! For the initial filing, you don't need to provide ANY evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. The key is your two original signed letters of intent and evidence of meeting in person within the last two years.

Save your bona fide relationship evidence for the interview. Even then, logs of chats and some examples of the text scattered through the relationship (maybe one a month) are enough for that kind of evidence. Actual visits are the best evidence of bona fides, not boxes full of printed paper.

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union

It doesn't say to send some of them but many people do. I was advised to send a few.

K1 is a fiance(e) visa, so the petitioner is never going see any instruction like the above, referring to an ongoing marital union.

My fault. I am doing a CR-1. I do know of others that have sent in chats and e mails with a K-1 though. PeterFB comes directly to mind. His application sailed through. I consider him the resident guru in the Viet Nam section (not that you don't know your stuff)!

Timeline

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

My fault. I am doing a CR-1. I do know of others that have sent in chats and e mails with a K-1 though. PeterFB comes directly to mind. His application sailed through. I consider him the resident guru in the Viet Nam section (not that you don't know your stuff)!

USCIS adjudicators must evaluate to at least some extent, all that is sent with the petition. Unless one is covering a red flag of some sort, giving them extra to evaluate is just, well, "extra".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is why it is important not to mix K-1 advice with K-3 or IR advice... the evidentiary requirement is different.....

For a I-129F petition for alien Fiance(e) providing relationship evidence is optional and in my opinion borders on superfulous.....

YMMV

That is why it is important not to mix K-1 advice with K-3 or IR advice... the evidentiary requirement is different.....

For a I-129F petition for alien Fiance(e) providing relationship evidence is optional and in my opinion borders on superfulous.....

Nothing wrong in providing a small amount of emails, chat logs, phone bills etc with the K1 petition. But theres no need to send in eg- 30 pages of chat logs, 20 pages emails and dozens of letters.

If you send in alot of information thats dosent prove you have actually met in person, it may well slow the process down.

Thats my opinion anyway.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Nothing wrong in providing a small amount of emails, chat logs, phone bills etc with the K1 petition. But theres no need to send in eg- 30 pages of chat logs, 20 pages emails and dozens of letters.

How do you know there's nothing wrong with it? Maybe it aggravates the case worker who has to sift through all of it to find what was actually requested - evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years.

How do you know there's nothing wrong with it? Maybe it aggravates the case worker who has to sift through all of it to find what was actually requested - evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years.

Chat logs, emails, phone bills dosent prove you have met. There mainly used for the interview at the embassy. But as i said theres nothing wrong in sending a small amount with the petition. The USCIS dont want dozens of pages of the stuff.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Chat logs, emails, phone bills dosent prove you have met. There mainly used for the interview at the embassy. But as i said theres nothing wrong in sending a small amount with the petition. The USCIS dont want dozens of pages of the stuff.

Unless of course in your zeal to provide this type of information, you send along something that you think is very innocent, makes the AO decide that you are ineligible.... What are you gonna do then?

I am thinking of the real life case of the gentlemen who provided a applied for, but unused marriage license... As innocent as that was, the Co denied there visa... What if this had been provided in the initial petition?

What about chat logs referring to a non-legal, non-binding "marriage ceremony" ?

I think that there is more potential for real "damage" than any kind of benefit... IMO... The USCIS doesn't want any pages of the stuff....

Just my $0.02... YMMV

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline
I agree fwaguy - I would never suggest that someone do this. It's not like USCIS gives out "extra credit" like elementary school. You meet the requirement or you do not.

While we're on the same side of this debate and I understand your meaning, we must be careful not to give the impression that obtaining a fiance visa is a result of simply "meeting requirements". Yes, there's no "extra credit" but much of the decision making process is subjective, particularly on the Consulate side.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Transation:

Statement.."There's nothing wrong with it."

Question.."How do you know?"

Answer.. "Because I said so."

Hardly responsive or productive. The fact is you don't "know" you only "hope so". IMO, your best "hope" is the minimalist approach at the petition stage followed by the "kitchen sink" approach in preparing for the interview. In no event is there a need for thirty (or even five) printed pages of a single chat session. If your kitchen sink won't fit in an accordian file two or three inches thick, start paring it down to size. If your petition is more than half an inch thick, you should do the same.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Transation:

Statement.."There's nothing wrong with it."

Question.."How do you know?"

Answer.. "Because I said so."

Hardly responsive or productive. The fact is you don't "know" you only "hope so". IMO, your best "hope" is the minimalist approach at the petition stage followed by the "kitchen sink" approach in preparing for the interview. In no event is there a need for thirty (or even five) printed pages of a single chat session. If your kitchen sink won't fit in an accordian file two or three inches thick, start paring it down to size. If your petition is more than half an inch thick, you should do the same.

Im sure there's a few scratching there head on that one. It started of with an easy question and the answer ended up with a riddle.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hey Shakespeare. If you are going to use a word like superfluous, then spell it right!

Unbelievable!

Timeline

Hey Shakespeare. If you are going to use a word like superfluous, then spell it right!

Unbelievable!

No, if you're going to use "the word" superfluous, spell it right. If you use "a word like" superfluous, you can spell it any way you like. :devil:

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.