feejo

Go to war

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you are not a citizen, be prepared to return to the nation you came from.

Provided that nation is not Austria, Mexico, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Israel, Malaysia, the Republic of China (Taiwan), Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland, that all have a national service act.

The Universal National Service Act of 2003 had only two congressman in favor, 402 against and such a bill requires 2/3rd's for passing before going to the senate. I failed just a tad short in passing in the house of representatives, don't you agree.

The Universal National Service Act of 2007 only has two sponsors and never even got off the ground, 80% of Americans are against the war in Iraq and any congressman that votes for a bill at this time will be committing political suicide.

But as a male between the ages of 18 and 25 whether a permanent resident or a US citizen, you still have to register with selective service, and there is a stiff penalty if you don't! It was up to a $10,000 fine or one year in jail for a US citizen have no idea for a permanent resident.

My neighbor, a woman in the Army National Guard is a captain soon to be promoted to a major, got her PA training from the guard and is doing quite well at our clinic. But she may be going to Iraq, will be well protected working inside of a well guarded base, but 18 months will be a long time to be separated from her seven year old daughter.

Her husband is also a captain in the national guard, said if his wife gets promoted he will have to salute her. Ha, just responded, my military days are over, but my wife is a general, and I am just a private.

Somebody teed off just a hand full of terrorists and would like to know who, sure wasn't me, but to go into Iraq was a imperialistic act that is contrary to the traditions of this country by making up false statements. The arrogance between the FBI and the CIA could have prevented this disaster so now we have the DHS that also took over immigration making a mess out of that. Our leaders certainly have made a big mess in this country and that new congress that promised to do something about it backed off once in office.

Even old man Bush had the wisdom not to go into Baghdad during Desert Storm, but couldn't talk any sense into his spoil brat kid, he knew Iraq would be impossible to control. No war has been declared by congress since WW II, and those that we did fight in were likewise disasters for this country. Hopefully we will have a better future and Americans will take a greater interest in our government and less in Britney. Maybe the new immigrants will.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.