36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Ya know, I've learned that it does not matter where you are or who you are , if EVERYONE did everything at same thing at the same time and day, nothing would be completed at the same time. He$$, there have been people that interviewed AFTER my fiance and got their visas already and we are still waiting. KarenCee and Fuzzness has nothing to do with the process on who gets an interview when. They following the guides on here like we all have done. :yes: And really, I'm not trying to cause problems, but maybe PM questions like this or ask a general question and not name people. :whistle:And what's up with are they both women???? :huh: Ummm.....can't even do that so I'm not going there. :whistle:

Maybe "he" will get "Female" on his visa... :lol::lol:

I'm afraid it's just the luck of the draw. The same happened to me with London. I saw others who had sent their petitions 3 weeks after me get dates ahead of me. Doesnt feel good but it's just the way it is. hang in there

Adele

Edited by MrsW2B

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ya know, I've learned that it does not matter where you are or who you are , if EVERYONE did everything at same thing at the same time and day, nothing would be completed at the same time. He$$, there have been people that interviewed AFTER my fiance and got their visas already and we are still waiting. [color=#6600CC]KarenCee and Fuzzness has nothing to do with the process on who gets an interview when[/color]. They following the guides on here like we all have done. :yes: And really, I'm not trying to cause problems, but maybe PM questions like this or ask a general question and not name people. :whistle:And what's up with are they both women???? :huh: Ummm.....can't even do that so I'm not going there. :whistle:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Right on crazyinEgypt!

the "are they both female" comment sounded a little disparaging to me... and uncalled for...

from reading VJ, this is what I understand... THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON to the progress made on each petition... it doesn't always happen in chronological order... because there are different phases of the background check going on the entire process of the visa application...

hope that answered your question...

and remember... when you ask a smartypants question... you will get a smartypants answer... lol

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Part of me thinks it is a good thing that there is no rhyme or reason for the dates for the interviews it will give us all hope those of us waiting when we get to that stage.

I am thrilled for Karen & Joel way to go, I hope I have the same good fortune you both did.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Part of me thinks it is a good thing that there is no rhyme or reason for the dates for the interviews it will give us all hope those of us waiting when we get to that stage.

I am thrilled for Karen & Joel way to go, I hope I have the same good fortune you both did.

:thumbs: heres to ya, even if you are a Leafs fan :lol:

Timeline

Yeah right back at ya, even if you aren't a Leaf fan but I don't know why :yes: .

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline
Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean to post a non-response. Sorry about that.

So... I'm thinking that you get a quicker response if you're a U.S. female applicant than if you're a U.S. male applicant. Interesting. Thanks for responding, guys. And congratulations. I think it's fabulous that you were approved. Best wishes.

I don't think that's true. Our case has the female USC petitioner, and we're just as frustrated waiting for Montreal like all the rest of you.

only on receipt of both DS 230 and the chklst the interview date can be set.. so the Mtl consulate waited till they got yr chklst.. how in the world would the consulate know when your docs on the chklst will be ready??

Al

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

IF it were true, that US female applicants get a quicker response then tell me WHY so many USC females are waiting and have been waiting for a lot longer than I did??????? :blink:

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

Ya know, I've learned that it does not matter where you are or who you are , if EVERYONE did everything at same thing at the same time and day, nothing would be completed at the same time. He$$, there have been people that interviewed AFTER my fiance and got their visas already and we are still waiting. [color=#6600CC]KarenCee and Fuzzness has nothing to do with the process on who gets an interview when[/color]. They following the guides on here like we all have done. :yes: And really, I'm not trying to cause problems, but maybe PM questions like this or ask a general question and not name people. :whistle:And what's up with are they both women???? :huh: Ummm.....can't even do that so I'm not going there. :whistle:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Right on crazyinEgypt!

the "are they both female" comment sounded a little disparaging to me... and uncalled for...

from reading VJ, this is what I understand... THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON to the progress made on each petition... it doesn't always happen in chronological order... because there are different phases of the background check going on the entire process of the visa application...

hope that answered your question...

and remember... when you ask a smartypants question... you will get a smartypants answer... lol

I'm sad that some think I've been flippant or disrespectful. I had no idea that two of the members were actually the same case. I asked an innocent question and can't quite figure out what prompted some of the responses. I'm sorry this thread degenerated to that.

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sad that some think I've been flippant or disrespectful. I had no idea that two of the members were actually the same case. I asked an innocent question and can't quite figure out what prompted some of the responses. I'm sorry this thread degenerated to that.

i dont care that you thought i was female. not a big deal. but what made you think that we actually knew why we got our interview so quickly?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey, you know what the answer is to how to get an interview?

The answer is....

How long is a piece of string?

You will drive yourself mad and probably offend a few members on here if you continue to imply that there is something other than pure, unadulteread LUCK with that part of the process.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

As frustrated as I have been at times, I have never questioned how quick someone's application was processed. THAT is the crux of this whole thread...you questioning the process. We have no "ins" nor have we had any strings pulled for us...it was just LUCK. Maybe you should have emailed MTL with your questions instead of asking it here. I'm sorry, but this just sort of rubbed me the wrong way (southern expression).

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.