happyimmigrant

Montreal - still waiting

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One other thing...does anyone else have an I-129f petition that is going to expire soon? Ours is set to expire on June 16th, so if we don't have our interview by then I'm not sure what happens. I guess we'll have to call the consulate and ask them to extend our petition....Of course, that is going to be dependent on whether or not they hang up on us again.

Timeline:

2/03/06 - I-129F Sent

2/13/06 - I-129F NOA1

2/16/06 - I-129F NOA2

3/16/06 - Packet 3 Received

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
One other thing...does anyone else have an I-129f petition that is going to expire soon? Ours is set to expire on June 16th, so if we don't have our interview by then I'm not sure what happens. I guess we'll have to call the consulate and ask them to extend our petition....Of course, that is going to be dependent on whether or not they hang up on us again.

Ours expires June 8th. I asked them already and was told that they "automatically extend" them.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I had my fiance contact the Montreal consulate a couple of weeks ago since we've been waiting for an interview for what seems like forever now (the consulate website says that Montreal's interview waiting period is 43 days as of 5/3/06. Somehow I don't think that's very accurate). Anyways, the man on the phone told him that he already called 2 weeks ago and to stop calling because there was nothing else he could do. My fiance was in the middle of saying "Ok, well thank you for your time" when the man hung up on him!

What is the matter with these people???!!!

I'm sure the consulate is tired of hearing people call in and ask about when their interview date is going to be, but maybe all of these people wouldn't need to keep calling if Montreal could actually speed things up a bit.

When we started this process back in January, we were only expecting a 25 day interview wait period (as stated on the consulate website). But Montreal has had our Packet 3 information for about 56 days now and still no word...

This is just getting more and more depressing as each day goes on. I'm trying to stay optimistic but then I read forums like this where people have been waiting for an interview for even longer than I have. I'll keep telling myself that maybe our interview letter will come in the mail tomorrow....

The date on the consulate website refers to interviews that are performed by the Non-Immigrant Visa Unit. Since K visas are processed by Immigrant Visa Units, that number means nothing..

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours expires June 8th. I asked them already and was told that they "automatically extend" them.

damn, the petition expires ???????????? judging by my timeline mine expired already, what now???? HELP!

thx

Elunia28 :luv:

I know. We waited a lot longer than most people here going through Nebraska at the same time for our NOA2. When we finally got the NOA2 back in the beginning of February, we thought; "well, now that THAT is overwith, at least we're past the slow part of this process!" Looking at the speed Montreal was working back then, we figured we'd be be done and together sometime in mid to late April. Little did we know that the consulate part of the process was going to take even longer than the original petition process!

We figured it would take 6-7 months for the entire process, from initial submission to POE crossing, because that's what most people from Canada were experiencing. Assuming we get an interview date in July, it will be 10 months.

hey

same here

btw, I don't know if u remember me mentioning that my fiance in Chicago got a letter saying that the interview date is coming to me(Toronto)...... so he finally checked who it was from: Department of Homeland Security....... that was random I guess, because how the hell would they know that I would/wouldn't get the appointment(last week)??? Just to clarify I DIDN'T GET anything yet - the norm, what else is new? this waiting process SUCKS!

take care

Peace

I do remember - that's really odd, because I haven't heard of that happening with anyone else. How strange that he got a letter from DHS - I wonder if that means you were having some sort of security check done by DHS?

yeah, maybe the security check, up until March 2006 we had NO IDEA whether they lost our papers somewhere, or what, we didn't HEAR anything from ANYONE, we even contacted the congressman in Chicago, I mean we tried every possible way to find out where are the papers, whether they're on the way, what's going on, and no one could tell us anything.... we were planning to forget this I-129F and get married in Canada, and then apply for the K3 visa, because for a year we did not know where our papers are and IF they're coming anyways.... now this DHS - very odd.... just happy that things are "sorta" moving along, too bad we gotta wait SOME MORE, but at least we KNOW that the date IS COMING........ (just don't know WHEN)

btw CONGRATULATIONS one more time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.