GaryC

Morel Mushrooms!!

28 posts in this topic

It's been 5 years since I moved from my family farm and lost my mushroom hunting grounds. I have been yearning for my springtime fix of Morel Mushrooms ever since. I found someone that was selling them in the local paper so today I went and bought some. Luz and Robin are in for a real treat!

IMG_2260.jpg

YUM!!! I LOVE morels. My dad picks a bunch each spring and then trades them to local fancy shmancy restaurants for meals (works out better for him than just selling them). One year, he picked 300 pounds (yeah, my dad gets a bit obsessed :lol: )

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

EWWWWWW omg gross Gary :D:D What :D

Nah never had them. I thought at first the really pretty colorful plastic fruit in the corner was them and was like omg magic :o And then reality hit.

Um...have a good dinner :lol:

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Timeline
I can't believe how expensive it is! $20 a pound? whoa! :blink: I can't wait to give it a try! :dance:

That's pretty affordable, really....wait until the supply runs out for the year. I've seen them sell for $150/pound here.

Mags saw her first morels the other day...our white trash neighbour had a bag of them and was showing them off. She still hasn't tasted one, though.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
YUM!!! I LOVE morels. My dad picks a bunch each spring and then trades them to local fancy shmancy restaurants for meals (works out better for him than just selling them). One year, he picked 300 pounds (yeah, my dad gets a bit obsessed :lol: )

Nice..... 300 pounds at $20/pound = $6,000 - just growing somewhere to be found. LOL

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, I love morels! I used to collect them in the Spring as well - they are delicious! They are also one of the few edible fungus that don't seem to be cultivable - they are only available when collected in the wild. Too bad. Enjoy your treat, Luz!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nice..... 300 pounds at $20/pound = $6,000 - just growing somewhere to be found. LOL

sounds good until one has to deal with snakes, chiggers, ticks, and all them other fun critters in the woods :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't think I've ever seen them around here. What sort of environment do they need to grow?

We get other mushrooms though. I would never pick and eat them for fear of accidentally poisoning everyone and dying.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:dance::dance: I love it!!!

Delicious!!!!!eating.gifeatdrink020.gifeating.gif

:D:P

gary, i think you're gonna be mushroom hunting a lot this year.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
I don't think I've ever seen them around here. What sort of environment do they need to grow?

We get other mushrooms though. I would never pick and eat them for fear of accidentally poisoning everyone and dying.

they're tough to spot because you have to walk around looking down and you walk right past them and then you finally see one and stop moving and see you passed tons of them. usually they start popping up in the woods just randomly (sometimes the same place you found them the year before) right after the first warm rain of the season

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.