Krissy!

Visa Fee?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi guys,

This is a question that I've been pondering: how much is the visa fee? The way it sounds to me: just taking out a few money bills at the "window" to pay, but I read somewhere else that it costs $400 or something? Can someone clarify this?

(Yes, I realize it takes time and money and that it's worth it in the end, but still... yikes... gotta save up more!)

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Not sure about the cost of visa fee, hubby handles that, but there are people here that can help you with that question.

494141ouygq2vjsw.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

NVC documents (Visa application, AOS, submitted documents) are processed on the USA end. The last step is they assign an appointment - then the only fees due in Jordan once your case makes its way there (AFTER NVC approval) is the medical exam fee (about $50.00.)

No fees are due when you walk in the door to the appointment. ( Erm, Amman's an appointment post. You pay the visa fee before Amman even deals with you / touches your case. )

So - everything's done beforehand.

Don't even need to pay for parking - it's free.

Just gotta walk past that creepy LAV & MG watchtower out front ... that's about it.

Edited by KyanWan

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Hi guys,

This is a question that I've been pondering: how much is the visa fee? The way it sounds to me: just taking out a few money bills at the "window" to pay, but I read somewhere else that it costs $400 or something? Can someone clarify this?

(Yes, I realize it takes time and money and that it's worth it in the end, but still... yikes... gotta save up more!)

Thanks!

For K-1, the visa fee is $131. How and when you pay it depends on the embassy you will have your interview at.

CR-1/IR-1 visas have a much higher visa fee, since its considered an immigrant visa. But i think its paid directly to the NVC instead of the embassy.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Amman's an appointment post - they don't collect any money or fees from you. See my post above, I already answered. ;)

( Yeah, it is about $400 for the Visa Application fee - but it goes to NVC, not the US Embassy Amman. )

From: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3180.html

How much are the fees for the National Visa Center’s Services?

The Affidavit of Support Fee is $70. The Immigrant Visa Fee is $355 and the Security Enhancement Fee is $45.

Edited by KyanWan

Timeline
NVC documents (Visa application, AOS, submitted documents) are processed on the USA end. The last step is they assign an appointment - then the only fees due in Jordan once your case makes its way there (AFTER NVC approval) is the medical exam fee (about $50.00.)

No fees are due when you walk in the door to the appointment. ( Erm, Amman's an appointment post. You pay the visa fee before Amman even deals with you / touches your case. )

Just gotta walk past that creepy LAV & MG watchtower out front ... that's about it.

Ok, cool..... so my fiance only has to worry about the approximately $50.00 fee for the medical exam.....?

For K-1, the visa fee is $131. How and when you pay it depends on the embassy you will have your interview at.

Now, I'm a little confused. Is that $131 may-be paid at the embassy at the interview date?

Perhaps KyanWan's response was for those with the CR-1/IR-1?? We're on the K-1 path....

Once again, thanks for your guidance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, cool..... so my fiance only has to worry about the approximately $50.00 fee for the medical exam.....?

Now, I'm a little confused. Is that $131 may-be paid at the embassy at the interview date?

Perhaps KyanWan's response was for those with the CR-1/IR-1?? We're on the K-1 path....

The $131 is typically paid at the interview... some consulates have you pay at a bank, so you need to check local procedure.

YMMV

Timeline

Ya, I was just checking into this myself-

I hope this helps

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

It lists fees for all required the required forms. My understanding is that when your fiance gets the first packet the fees are due at that time, when you send everything back ~I may be wrong~ :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Ya, I was just checking into this myself-

I hope this helps

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

It lists fees for all required the required forms. My understanding is that when your fiance gets the first packet the fees are due at that time, when you send everything back ~I may be wrong~ :)

Lisa

I got no clue about K1/3. I never touched a K1. K3 - turned out to be a farce in my case. My wife's already got her visa, and I just got the 2nd correspondence on the K3 AFTER SHE HAS A CR-1 VISA IN HER PASSPORT! (*

EG: visa in-hand ;)) LOL!

*cough*

Anyways, if you can go for the I130/CR-1 visa route - do that instead. It's better IMO. A LOT better.

You finish off with a green card, no AOS - no huge fees, no more headache until 2 years later to remove conditions.

That's the way to go. Even if a K visa gets issued - the CR would only take a couple months extra at the most. It's not worth it - at all.

Edited by KyanWan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The $131 is typically paid at the interview...

some consulates have you pay at a bank like CASABLANCA !!

Abdo

03/14/2012: N-400 Filing Date

03/23/2012: N-400 NOA Date

05/07/2012: Biometrics Appt Date

06/18/2012: N-400 Interview Date (Approved)

07/20/2012: Oath Ceremony Date

__/__/____: US Passport Date

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I8sjCO9IjyU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

For K-1 you pay the $131 to the bank (cairo bank I think) before the interview. You take receipt to interview with you.

My Husband had to pay $100 and take the reciept to the interview also and had to pay for the medical.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Timeline

KyanWan,

Does NVC set up the interview appointment or does AMM? Thanks!

Edited by LuLu

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.