~ANA~

Which Senator to be Contacted

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am wondering if somebody takes an initiative to have Senator requested an inquire about the petition, Does this Senator have to be from your resident state or it can be any US Senator. Thanks guys and Good Luck. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Someone from your state.

Other senators may not be as willing to help someone who is not in their jurisdiction.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Senators are in Washington to usually represent the state. Your US Representative is there to represent you and other citizens of the state.

Find out what district you are in, and then you can find your representative.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Senators are in Washington to usually represent the state. Your US Representative is there to represent you and other citizens of the state.

Find out what district you are in, and then you can find your representative.

I asked this question because i know somebody who works in the Senator office in another state, I am not sure that asking a favor would make any difference in my case???? I also don't want this to be back fired by using other state's senator services????

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I was told by my attorney that the Senator must be from your state, since he would be the one that represents you. But, I've known lawyers to be wrong so.... :whistle:

Mark and Lada

Charlotte/Volgograd

US/Russia

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

US Entry : 2008-07-15

Marriage : 2008-08-31

I-485 Filed 10-16/2008

I-485 Approved 1-11-2009

I-751 Filed for K2 8-2-2010

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I am wondering if somebody takes an initiative to have Senator requested an inquire about the petition, Does this Senator have to be from your resident state or it can be any US Senator. Thanks guys and Good Luck. :thumbs:

Only a Senator from your State can do anything for you. They all require a release form from you which you can get from thier web site.

You will find what they can & will do is limited & does not happen fast as you would like. The Senator has a staff member that simply calls to inquire. That inquiry results in a letter to you which simply says what you already know. From the time you call to when you recieve info may be a month or more.

This was my experiance with a California Senators office. In the end what they found & relayed to me was wrong & I knew more than they did by the time they sent the letter & then remembered to call me. I had to call them & when I did I had just talked to USCIS & had completly different info than Senators office.

I wouldnt put too much faith in them. The idea that they can do something special is reserved for very special siuations.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the generic response you may get from the Senators office will be that he will contact USCIS and say that he has an 'interest' in the case. Maybe it is enough just to get some lackey to pick up your case and do something with it. Who knows....

Mark and Lada

Charlotte/Volgograd

US/Russia

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

US Entry : 2008-07-15

Marriage : 2008-08-31

I-485 Filed 10-16/2008

I-485 Approved 1-11-2009

I-751 Filed for K2 8-2-2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.