kaydee457

Ladies- colored contact lenses w/o prescription

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I didn't realise so many people hated their eye color

Women don't "hate" their eye color anymore than they hate their hair color after going from brunette to blonde....nor do they hate the thickness of their eyebrows neccessitating trimming, nor the color of their cheeks when applying rouge and pankake makeup, nor their lip color when applying lipstick, and etc, etc.....

It's c o s m e t i c ...........

Only in America do we have to be told what we can, and cannot purchase.....

No one's telling anyone what they can or cannot purchase.

I used to wear colored contacts for fun, but I didn't mind getting an eye exam for them...the extra money was worth the peace of mind to know they came from a credible source....plus, it's always a good idea to have yer eyes checked anyways.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already bought off contacts from this site, and it's recommended :)

There's only Acuvue 2 Color Opaques. $31.49 PER BOX (check specials!)

You can select 0.00 in the POWER droplist

Coastal Contacts

Shipping is free depending on the total cost :P

You can select the country that applies to yours! I clicked on the Canadian flag on the top right corner.

Hope I helped :unsure:

Thanks, but they ask for doctor/prescription information before shipping.....it says so when checking out.

I need a source that will supply with no prescription......

See an eye doctor and get a prescription (for the cosmetics). I wouldn't go cheap when it comes to your eyes.

Is there anyone else that wishes to respond that knows what they're talking about? :lol:

Since when is recommending seeing an eye doctor bad advice? There's more to it than washing your hands.... you would know this of you saw an eye doctor. Sort of a catch 22.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Women don't "hate" their eye color anymore than they hate their hair color after going from brunette to blonde....nor do they hate the thickness of their eyebrows neccessitating trimming, nor the color of their cheeks when applying rouge and pankake makeup, nor their lip color when applying lipstick, and etc, etc.....

Contact lenses, even if noncorrective, are considered medical devices in a lot of countries (not just in the U.S.) and thus require an eye exam and prescription.

An eye exam isn't that expensive, assuming that cost is the issue...

I agree with the other posters that it's worth it to make sure you're getting a safe product and going the proper (that is, exam + prescription) route. Also, your wife would have little recourse if something went wrong w/ nonprescription lenses.

Sorry, I sound like my mother...

Edited by Big Agnes!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Only in America do you need a prescription for cosmetic contacts......It's like being held hostage every year for that piece of paper.....and the idiocy to getting a prescription is that there's no limit to the amount you can buy. You can buy a ten years supply if you have the cash.

More nonsensical government "nanny" intervention........

Not only in America. It's illegal to sell contact lenses without a prescription in the UK and

probably everywhere else in Europe. I doubt you can do it in Canada.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Thanks for the lecture guys.....I've been wearing contacts all my life. My wife's been wearing them for 15 years.

She gets an eye exam once a year that's job related (she works near laser equipment in a factory) but they will not write a prescription for contacts!

An eye exam costs $140.00.......

Let's let up on the nonsene here. I asked a simple question.

The fact is, that most of you appear to be ignorant of is that you can buy contacts in this country that are classified "cosmetic" without a Rx.....

The first site I cited sells them to anyone WITHOUT a prescription! Unfortunately, they've reverted to selling only "WILD EYES", and similar novelty lenses in lieu of name brands such as Acuvue.

I asked a simple question a get a horde of responses that do nothing but overstate the intuitive obvious.

And I don't know about "all of europe" as we bought them over the counter in Spain, and I suspect that you can probaly get them in Italy as well given my experience purchasing other things there.........Additionally, we bought them in other places in the world, including most countries in the Middle East.

They are "one size fits all", with correction of 0, 0.......They only differ in color.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh I don't wear makeup so I guess I'm unamerican :P

:lol: that was funny.

I love my eyes color. It's browninsh surrounded by greenish, that when you're outside you think it's only green and when you're inside the brown comes out :P

I dye my hair to a very similar color, just to have the highlights, you can't tell much.

I can't see myself wearing lenses. My eyes get red real easy just because of the weather or the AC.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

"The reason for this is that today you can color contacts with no prescription; that is, they do not correct your vision at all. What is the purpose of these lenses? Cosmetic, of course! Non prescription color contacts are primarily used to change the color of the eyes. They are fun to wear and can really enhance the physical appearance of the wearer.

Though they are generally available without any medical prescription, you must be fitted by an eye doctor prior to wearing them. Improperly fitting contacts can cause damage to the eye. Though prescription contacts come in both the soft and hard varieties, non prescription color contacts are generally only available in the soft version. This is good news for the wearer, since soft contacts are by far the easiest to get used to and the most comfortable.

"contact info

I have ordered my lenses from contactlens.com and justlenses.com about a year or so ago I couldnt remember the name of my doctor..and I didnt have a current prescription.. I simply put on it Banyon or sears dont remember exactly.. and my city.. I got my lenses ..

Only one time did a order comeback to me saying they needed a valid script... I did that for like 5 years without renewing my prescription.. my lens script has not changed... .. augh.. even this past year I ran into a virus in my eye.. and HAD to get eye checked.. even with years gone by.. my script is exactly the same..augh

I do know .. that.. if lenses are not changed enough.. you can form ulcerations... risking your eyes for damage as you age..

Costco.. has a fantastic optometric group... many times in and out fast.. and ALWAYS cost effective...

look into at least getting fitted right please..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Coastal Contacts

You can select the country that applies to yours! I clicked on the Canadian flag on the top right corner.

Thanks, but they ask for doctor/prescription information before shipping.....it says so when checking out.

See an eye doctor and get a prescription (for the cosmetics). I wouldn't go cheap when it comes to your eyes.

Exactly! I can tell you my horror story. When you work in the medical field it's kinda easy (at least here) to see a doctor friend and say "Hey, I need some new contacts and my Rx has ran out!" I did that about 10 years ago. About 2 years later when I was needing new contacts, at the time I was having some serious eye issues with my allergies. I couldn't even wear my contacts and typically when my allergies get bad, I'll get an eye infection. And once again, typically whenever I got an I infection one of my doctor friends I worked for would just call me in a Rx. Well, this time I went in because my eyes hurt so bad I couldn't even blink! I had a thorough exam and yes, I did have an infection, but also, the retina in my right eye was seriously detached! I would've found this out years earlier if I had've just gone to the doctor like I should've. I never even had any symptoms! So, a couple days later I was having surgery and got to lay around for a week afterwards. Don't mess with your eyes. See your doctor, get a Rx, then get the pretty contacts. :thumbs:

"The reason for this is that today you can color contacts with no prescription; that is, they do not correct your vision at all. What is the purpose of these lenses? Cosmetic, of course! Non prescription color contacts are primarily used to change the color of the eyes. They are fun to wear and can really enhance the physical appearance of the wearer.

Though they are generally available without any medical prescription, you must be fitted by an eye doctor prior to wearing them.

Improperly fitting contacts can cause damage to the eye. Though prescription contacts come in both the soft and hard varieties, non prescription color contacts are generally only available in the soft version. This is good news for the wearer, since soft contacts are by far the easiest to get used to and the most comfortable.

"contact info

I have ordered my lenses from contactlens.com and justlenses.com about a year or so ago I couldnt remember the name of my doctor..and I didnt have a current prescription.. I simply put on it Banyon or sears dont remember exactly.. and my city.. I got my lenses ..

Only one time did a order comeback to me saying they needed a valid script... I did that for like 5 years without renewing my prescription.. my lens script has not changed... .. augh.. even this past year I ran into a virus in my eye.. and HAD to get eye checked.. even with years gone by.. my script is exactly the same..augh

I do know .. that.. if lenses are not changed enough.. you can form ulcerations... risking your eyes for damage as you age..

Costco.. has a fantastic optometric group... many times in and out fast.. and ALWAYS cost effective...

look into at least getting fitted right please..

I defy you to find any color contacts that come in any other size than 8.3, 14...One size fits all...J&J Accuvue2 manufacters them in only one size!

Almost all the major manufacter's sell them in only this size, or very near this size, but one size only, unlike my presicription lenses which correct and require to be fitted.

Geez, the misinformation in this thread is astounding!

refer here....ONLY ONE SIZE- NO FITTING NECESSARY-coastal

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Coastal Contacts

Exactly! I can tell you my horror story. When you work in the medical field it's kinda easy (at least here) to see a doctor friend and say "Hey, I need some new contacts and my Rx has ran out!" I did that about 10 years ago. About 2 years later when I was needing new contacts, at the time I was having some serious eye issues with my allergies. I couldn't even wear my contacts and typically when my allergies get bad, I'll get an eye infection. And once again, typically whenever I got an I infection one of my doctor friends I worked for would just call me in a Rx. Well, this time I went in because my eyes hurt so bad I couldn't even blink! I had a thorough exam and yes, I did have an infection, but also, the retina in my right eye was seriously detached! I would've found this out years earlier if I had've just gone to the doctor like I should've. I never even had any symptoms! So, a couple days later I was having surgery and got to lay around for a week afterwards. Don't mess with your eyes. See your doctor, get a Rx, then get the pretty contacts. :thumbs:

Geez, a Rx is not necessary for cosmetic contact lenses......but the next time you go to the drugstore for reading glasses don't buy them because they're against the law without having been prescribed by a doctor!

Anyway, I have on order some contacts for my wife so I hope you peeps have learned something here.

miss_me_yet.jpg

KD, we're just trying to help!

Since 2005, it has been illegal in the U.S. to sell contact lenses without a prescription even if they're noncorrective and for cosmetic use only. A company that does so is breaking the law. That isn't to say you can't get them (obviously), but the law did change in 2005 to classify all contact lenses as a medical device.

A couple of links:

FTC Warns 15 Marketers of Cosmetic Contact Lenses

FDA’s New Policy on Noncorrective Contact Lenses

FDA Public Health Web Notification

(edited to add a link)

Edited by Big Agnes!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

KD, we're just trying to help!

Since 2005, it has been illegal in the U.S. to sell contact lenses without a prescription even if they're noncorrective and for cosmetic use only. A company that does so is breaking the law. That isn't to say you can't get them (obviously), but the law did change in 2005 to classify all contact lenses as a medical device.

A couple of links:

FTC Warns 15 Marketers of Cosmetic Contact Lenses

FDA’s New Policy on Noncorrective Contact Lenses

FDA Public Health Web Notification

(edited to add a link)

interesting

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Coastal isn't a US company. So if something goes bad she won't me able to sue. They are in Canada

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12