Eli the Barrowboy

Whoops

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

In Additional Information for Form DS-230 – Part one Question 25.

I was in the USA from 06/1995 to 08/1995 but I mistakenly entered 05/1665 to 08/1995.

Should I call the Embassy and inform them ASAP?

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How much argument will it take to convince them you weren't in the USA for 330 years?

We made a small omission on her son's DS-230. I was asking the same question: "Should I request a correction?" The advice I got (from one of the VJ'ers whose advice I trust the most) was to leave it be.

My guess is that he would (and perhaps will) give you similar advice.

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

What I would do is to fill out a new DS-230 identical in all ways but with that mistake corrected. Then if you get a query about it, just send in the replacement with a explanatory covering letter. If you don't get a query about it, bring it to the interview and suggest swapping it for the incorrect one, if they bring it up.

:star::star:

The UK Wiki

I made a boo-boo on the DS-230 -- I put down that my husband was both single AND married. I was a little worried about it but let it be, figuring the Embassy would be able to suss out that as we were applying for a CR1, my husband was married. They never brought it up, but I think Poiteen's advice is great.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Thanks guys. I'll just bring that piece of paper with me and hand it over on the day.

I knew I should have read the sign on the fountain before I drank out of it, the one with 'The Fountain of Eternal' something or other written on it ...

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.